ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,909

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#301 » by lolwut » Fri Oct 4, 2019 2:57 am

FVV's shorts were holding him back all this time.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,725

Post#302 » by And1Skip » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:19 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,527

Post#303 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:37 am

I'm sorry did I just see Ibaka put the ball between his legs???
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#305 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:49 am

bboyskinnylegs wrote:

Things i noticed

- Matt Thomas can really shoot

- Fred looks like hes added legit range as 3pt shooter

- Terence Davis is a stud

- Ibaka has improved his passing like Nurse said

- Ogs handle looks a little better, especially the crossover move towards the end

- Rondae and Siakam seem to have good chemistry.

- This video also doubles as Cam Payne lowlights, i doubt he makes the roster

- Not much good stuff from Powell or Konate
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,527

Post#306 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:27 am

Everything about Terrence Davis is great the more you see the more you like him
Thomas got that JJ Reddick catch and shoot down.
MrStkrdknmibalz
Freshman
And1: 144

Post#308 » by MrStkrdknmibalz » Fri Oct 4, 2019 12:22 pm

bboyskinnylegs wrote:
Matty thomas at 5:58 looking very reddickish

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#309 » by Asif16 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 1:16 pm

I guess we shouldnt jump to conclusions without some real games first....but how the hell did Terrence Davis go Undrafted.

This guy not only has a chance to make the team, but could be a key rotational player too.

Trying to temper my expectations before it gets stepped on...but TD looks lethal right now
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#310 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Oct 4, 2019 2:48 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:I'm sorry did I just see Ibaka put the ball between his legs???

and then drive and kick...yeah
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#311 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:09 pm

Asif16 wrote:I guess we shouldnt jump to conclusions without some real games first....but how the hell did Terrence Davis go Undrafted.

I don't understand it.

EDIT: I just realized my posts speaks to how he was available NOT how he went undrafted.

I think he went undrafted because of the injury issues. Was he even able to workout for anyone?

The only thing I can think is that Denver picked him up early and everyone thought he was signing there. Masai's logic is the man isn't signed until he's signed. We signed him out from under Denver. They dropped the ball. I don't know if negotiations dragged on (or even started) or if they were waiting to evaluate his health.

It's funny for all the terrible jokes about Masai evaluating. He had clearly seen enough of TDj. What a find.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#312 » by Danny1616 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:15 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
Asif16 wrote:I guess we shouldnt jump to conclusions without some real games first....but how the hell did Terrence Davis go Undrafted.

I don't understand it.

The only thing I can think is that Denver picked him up early and everyone thought he was signing there. Masai's logic is the man isn't signed until he's signed. We signed him out from under Denver. They dropped the ball. I don't know if negotiations dragged on (or even started) or if they were waiting to evaluate his health.

It's funny for all the terrible jokes about Masai evaluating. He had clearly seen enough of TDj. What a find.

I think other teams offered him a two way contract, but Masai offered him a full one year guaranteed.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,714

Post#313 » by metafisical » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:10 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:someone pull up that OG tweet about it being his girl now before i loose it on yall

Read on Twitter
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
RealGM
And1: 66,425

Post#314 » by 720 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:41 pm

TD is going to be our starting guard over Normgod if he continues playing like this.
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,414

Post#315 » by PD28 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:49 pm

Been on the TD bandwagon since his play in Summer League, man he still looks solid out there with NBA players. I can see him come in to shutdown opposing star guards and slowly contribute to the offence as the season progresses.

Also, I had no idea Dewan could move like this. I don't have a real comparison for him but he moves so much like a small 4/big 3 at his height which is unreal.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#316 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:58 pm

720 wrote:TD is going to be our starting guard over Normgod if he continues playing like this.

I agree 100% unless he ends up being our backup 1. Norm has never played with this kind of poise. The kid has it between the ears.
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,728

Post#317 » by maternal85 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:06 pm

Jcity08 wrote:The more I watch TD, the more I feel we got a keeper. His game is easy to watch, he has good two-way potential, could be a versatile scrappy combo guard in the future for us. Has nice size & length to be a really good defender and his offense already looks polished. I hope he's been working on his playmaking skills, and those turnover numbers in college needs improvement. Hopefully, he'll polish those areas in the 905.

I hope all our pickups this offseason pan out, a future defensive lineup with Konate & TD could be deadly.

Go back and read my posts. I said he'll be our main back up at least by year 2, and people laughed at me. I'm not an NBA scout (maybe I should be) but when I saw Pascal, Fred, and Powell, I said they'd be good NBA rotational players at least. The Suns released TD and I watched a game he played for them. Then after watching 2 preseason games he played for us, I said "MU did it again. He got us a steal". TD is by far more polished than what Pascal, Fred, and Powell were when they came into the league. TD will be up with the main team for at least half the season, and in the 905 at the other half. I'm glad and excited we got him.
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,728

Post#318 » by maternal85 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:08 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:The more I watch TD, the more I feel we got a keeper. His game is easy to watch, he has good two-way potential, could be a versatile scrappy combo guard in the future for us. Has nice size & length to be a really good defender and his offense already looks polished. I hope he's been working on his playmaking skills, and those turnover numbers in college needs improvement. Hopefully, he'll polish those areas in the 905.

I hope all our pickups this offseason pan out, a future defensive lineup with Konate & TD could be deadly.

he's proabably not going to the 905. he's going to be a rotation player in year 1.

Other than just his play, with Kyle being hurt, it'll definitely help him get more PT
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#319 » by navyblue » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:13 pm

PD28 wrote:Been on the TD bandwagon since his play in Summer League, man he still looks solid out there with NBA players. I can see him come in to shutdown opposing star guards and slowly contribute to the offence as the season progresses.

Also, I had no idea Dewan could move like this. I don't have a real comparison for him but he moves so much like a small 4/big 3 at his height which is unreal.

dewan, fvv, norm, td, pascal all have one thing in common, they were very old compared to thier draft class.

even delon.

there definitely is an inefficiency the raptors are exploiting in getting players who are perceived to have "reached their prime potential".

between scouting, and more importantly developing and giving them a chance raptors won a chip.

remember all the hate this board had when they passed on skal lassibier who couldnt even start for his college team and selected pascal.
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,414

Post#320 » by PD28 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:18 pm

navyblue wrote:
PD28 wrote:Been on the TD bandwagon since his play in Summer League, man he still looks solid out there with NBA players. I can see him come in to shutdown opposing star guards and slowly contribute to the offence as the season progresses.

dewan, fvv, norm, td, pascal all have one thing in common, they were very old compared to thier draft class.

even delon.

there definitely is an inefficiency the raptors are exploiting in getting players who are perceived to have "reached their prime potential".

between scouting, and more importantly developing and giving them a chance raptors won a chip.

remember all the hate this board had when they passed on skal lassibier who couldnt even start for his college team and selected pascal.

That is one of the funniest/defining moments of this board. Skal still sucks and everyone forgot about him. I've been on board with most of the moves TD, Dewan, Konate, Thomas...but for the life of me, I cannot defend the Payne acquisition. I hope they saw something I haven't seen but my god does he still not look good in the workout vids.

Return to Toronto Raptors