ImageImageImageImageImage

Fort Knox: A defense of Kevin Knox

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,222

Re: Fort Knox: A defense of Kevin Knox 

Post#901 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Oct 5, 2019 2:49 am

Knox will be a GAWD!!! AND YOU ALL WILL LIKE IT!!!
:beer: RIP mags
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#902 » by br7knicks » Sat Oct 5, 2019 3:02 am

Sark wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:I’m all for the youth movement and I was against the free agency plan for that very reason but we don’t have to believe in every young player on the roster... imo. Suns fans online were hella defensive about their lottery picks until they all got traded away because they were busts and not deserving of their blind faith. This may very well happen to the Knicks, although I’m not advocating trades at this stage.

Personally, my beef with Knox wasn’t about his level of play but his lack of intangibles - selfish play, lack of effort, poor body language - and I feel like he deserved to be called out for that. Hopefully the competition with Morris, Randle and Bullock lights a fire under him. It’s not too late for him to change his approach and his talent is undeniable but he needs to start playing harder and less selfishly this upcoming season. I’m certainly impatient in that regard.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

as all us of knicks fans should be. tired of the same old **** type of players coming in.

but knox did look improved over SL. we'll see if he's learned or not

He did? I don't know about that. He was better in last year's SL. Wasn't he MVP, or did someone else win? I know this board was hyping him up like crazy. I remember being called a hater for thinking he would score about 15ppg.

yup, he was. but not everyone just looks at stats. some of us want smart basketball and wins.

he was MVP of SL, but shot horribly, efficiency wise, and played pitiful defense with absolutely no bball IQ.

this past SL he took smarter shots, hustled on defense, actually passed the ball to open players.

so yes, he did play better this past SL. i hope he does well this season, but i'm not going to hold my breath. i hope he proves me wrong.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#903 » by dakomish23 » Sat Oct 5, 2019 3:26 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Look how much hate this kid got. Same impatient people with all the other kids.

Rinse & repeat.

I’m all for the youth movement and I was against the free agency plan for that very reason but we don’t have to believe in every young player on the roster... imo. Suns fans online were hella defensive about their lottery picks until they all got traded away because they were busts and not deserving of their blind faith. This may very well happen to the Knicks, although I’m not advocating trades at this stage.

Personally, my beef with Knox wasn’t about his level of play but his lack of intangibles - selfish play, lack of effort, poor body language - and I feel like he deserved to be called out for that. Hopefully the competition with Morris, Randle and Bullock lights a fire under him. It’s not too late for him to change his approach and his talent is undeniable but he needs to start playing harder and less selfishly this upcoming season. I’m certainly impatient in that regard.

Belief is one thing. But tearing down every kid after a year if they don’t live up to some ridiculous hype that this fan builds?

I’ve been trying to play the long game for a while now. Crap on the kid after year 3 and no development. Fine. I’d probably give up too. But after one year? Playing for this franchise which has barely started to commit to a youth movement?

No thx

It’s always the same ppl who get insanely defensive about the pick that also build up this ridiculous hype and are usually the same ppl who trash the kid immediately.

Rinse and repeat.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#904 » by robillionaire » Sat Oct 5, 2019 3:42 am

br7knicks wrote:
Sark wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

as all us of knicks fans should be. tired of the same old **** type of players coming in.

but knox did look improved over SL. we'll see if he's learned or not

He did? I don't know about that. He was better in last year's SL. Wasn't he MVP, or did someone else win? I know this board was hyping him up like crazy. I remember being called a hater for thinking he would score about 15ppg.

yup, he was. but not everyone just looks at stats. some of us want smart basketball and wins.

he was MVP of SL, but shot horribly, efficiency wise, and played pitiful defense with absolutely no bball IQ.

this past SL he took smarter shots, hustled on defense, actually passed the ball to open players.

so yes, he did play better this past SL. i hope he does well this season, but i'm not going to hold my breath. i hope he proves me wrong.

I'm not sure where this is coming from but knox was never the summer league mvp, josh hart was

what made this past summer league better is that he showed some flashes of passing ability and improved decision making that weren't evident last year
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,926

Post#905 » by islanders11040 » Sat Oct 5, 2019 4:38 am

robillionaire wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Sark wrote:

I'm not sure where this is coming from but knox was never the summer league mvp, josh hart was

what made this past summer league better is that he showed some flashes of passing ability and improved decision making that weren't evident last year

The truth is he actually had a higher fg% during the regular season than last years summer league.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#906 » by br7knicks » Sat Oct 5, 2019 11:31 am

islanders11040 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

The truth is he actually had a higher fg% during the regular season than last years summer league.

Oh. I thought he was MVP of last year's SL. He played so poorly, just put up a lot of points.

This past SL, tho, he didn't put up the same numbers, but he played a **** load better than his first SL.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/

Return to New York Knicks