How do you feel about Lakers tweeting warning to NBA after embarrassing the Warriors

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Re: How do you feel about Lakers tweeting warning to NBA after embarrassing the Warriors 

Post#41 » by Catchall » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:01 am

This is just the Lakers organization talking a bit of smack and trying to make something of beating the former world champs in a meaningless pre-season game. It's just pandering to unsophisticated Laker fans, of which there must be many.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Re: How do you feel about Lakers tweeting warning to NBA after embarrassing the Warriors 

Post#42 » by TheRealKaboom » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:04 am

They were the butt of jokes for more than half a decade and now it's time to settle accounts.

That's all that that tweet was. After years of being trolled by the 29 other franchises/fan bases, they want their retribution.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#43 » by Pennebaker » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:10 am

Joerezz7 wrote:I know a lot of people gonna say “it’s preseason” but the Lakers seem to have taken this serious. They embarrassed the Warriors and then sent a warning tweet to the entire NBA

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/lakers-send-warning-tweet-nba-after-crushing-warriors-preseason

Wait, did you see LeBron and AD in that game?

It's totally justified.

Who is going to stop these guys?
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#44 » by Lalouie » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:11 am

Joerezz7 wrote:I know a lot of people gonna say “it’s preseason” but the Lakers seem to have taken this serious. They embarrassed the Warriors and then sent a warning tweet to the entire NBA

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/lakers-send-warning-tweet-nba-after-crushing-warriors-preseason

"It's only pre season" is for unexpected surprises where caution is advised.

if a player/team has the goods or is expectantly bad, then "pre-season" is a validation
BayWarrior
Bench Warmer
And1: 688

Post#45 » by BayWarrior » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:18 am

Joerezz7 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:

Obvious troll is obvious.

We weren't embarrassed for the following reasons:

1. It's preseason when the coaching staff experiments with new schemes and novel personnel combinations.

2. Our 3 best players played fewer than 19 minutes each.

3. Our starting and backup centers are both injured, leaving us with a 2nd year guy, picked 30th overall in last year's draft and someone that won't even make the roster.

4. The 5 guys that played the most minutes are all in their 1st or 2nd season.

5. Why are you so intent on going out of your way to denigrate, discredit and undermine the Warriors?

Believe it or not this is more about the Lakers to me. I’m stunned they tweeted a warning like this after a preseason game but have to admit they look good

I'll go with NOT. Trolling GS has been your sole mission on RealGM
norcocredo
Rookie
And1: 1,437

Post#46 » by norcocredo » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:22 am

Don’t think the entire Lakers Organization knew about this before their social media department tweeted this.
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#47 » by marcush » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:23 am

This is just entertainment... if you are offended by this sort of thing that is on you.
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 934

Post#48 » by dk1115 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:25 am

It's like me playing poker for 5 bucks and crushing people who are just throwing money around for fun.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,929

Post#49 » by meekrab » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:27 am

"Lakers tweet warning after giving up 101 points"
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#50 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:46 am

Pennebaker wrote:

It's totally justified.

I was at the game. The preseason game. I thought the tweet was at least as embarrassing as the game, if not more.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#51 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:56 am

The larger the city, the more idiots - doesn't make all Lakers fans idiots, just means there are a lot. Who cares? They aren't the only team with that problem. It's a part of our society.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,512

Post#52 » by azcatz11 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:00 am

You’re sig is lame
israelfirst
Senior
And1: 1,034

Post#53 » by israelfirst » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:01 am

lonzo_pelota wrote:people can pretend that Thanos didnt rock purple & gold so why not, u can run from it, dread it, destiny arrives all the same
AD and Bron are two infinity stones

cringe
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#54 » by The_Hater » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:01 am

Tweeting trash talk after an exhibition game? Seriously?

Time to fire whoever is in charge of the Lakers social media, he/she is a idiot.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Joey Wheeler
Starter
And1: 1,359

Post#55 » by Joey Wheeler » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:01 am

Seems like a lot of empty chest thumping tbh. It's just a pre-season match and the Warriors aren't even contenders anymore so beating them even in a real game wouldn't mean all that much. But the social media guys on the team have to get the fans hyped so... eh who cares really?
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,079

Post#56 » by MrBigShot » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:03 am

Eh its kind of funny they'd tweet this after a pre-season game but its just a twitter post from the team's account, which is intended to hype up the team. Don't look too deep into it.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,598

Post#57 » by dc » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:04 am

The_Hater wrote:Tweeting trash talk after an exhibition game? Seriously?

Time to fire whoever is in charge of the Lakers social media, he/she is a idiot.

It's no biggie. I think they saw the Clips steal all the offseason thunder and they want some of that back.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
Joerezz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,505

Post#58 » by Joerezz7 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:27 am

Pennebaker wrote:

It's totally justified.

I will admit that the Lakers looked dominant. That frontline they have is dangerous
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

There is nothing inherently different about winning in the Finals compared to winning other playoff seriess,
Barnzy
Sixth Man
And1: 2,792

Post#59 » by Barnzy » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:29 am

It's the first time we've seen AD and Bron play together. It's a harmless post hyping up the season.

If you care about this then I'm guessing you're one of those types that gets offended over everything and makes sure everyone knows about it too.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,181

Post#60 » by og15 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:41 am

Though they represent the Lakers, this would just be a social media person wouldn’t it? If the players or coaching staff was saying something, then I could make fun of them and say “come on it’s only pre-season”, but this seems pretty meh

Return to The General Board