Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Preseason Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Re: Bulls Preseason Thread 

Post#41 » by PaKii94 » Sun Oct 6, 2019 9:59 pm

ZOMG wrote:
Ice Man wrote:Brief thoughts on the open scrimmage. I was there for about half of it.

1) None of our PGs inspired overwhelming confidence. I know, Cobi and Sato haven't even played a game for us, so I draw zero conclusions from that. Just saying.

2) Gafford moves well and looked poised, if he's not already better than Felicio I'd be shocked. Yeah I know that's not a high hurdle but still that would be good.

3) Zach makes me laugh, he just glides out there as if he's been cast in Dazed & Confused, and yet he's so dangerousf. He looked capable of skinning anybody out there at will. made his shots too.

4) Arci was Arci, limited game and consummate pro. And Otto was Otto, he knew exactly where to be and was quietly good.

5) Lauri was the surprise to me, he was playing harder than anybody and barking. Acted as if he was the team leader.

6) Thad was still figuring out where he fit in with the guys. He did have one cool "spin cycle" move, as Stacey would say.

Not sure Lauri should get into the barking thing. Doesn't seem like it's really him.

Besides - if you're gonna bark at your teammates in the NBA, you better make sure you're the undisputed alpha dog of your team. Lauri is not, and I don't think we we even need a guy like that in this group. Jut play hard and try to lead by example.

I completely disagree with you on this point. Last two years Lauri was feeling himself out and trying not to step on toes. This is the year for him to take over. We WANT him to do this if he wants to be more than a complimentary star
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#42 » by sco » Sun Oct 6, 2019 10:49 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
Ice Man wrote:Brief thoughts on the open scrimmage. I was there for about half of it.

1) None of our PGs inspired overwhelming confidence. I know, Cobi and Sato haven't even played a game for us, so I draw zero conclusions from that. Just saying.

2) Gafford moves well and looked poised, if he's not already better than Felicio I'd be shocked. Yeah I know that's not a high hurdle but still that would be good.

3) Zach makes me laugh, he just glides out there as if he's been cast in Dazed & Confused, and yet he's so dangerousf. He looked capable of skinning anybody out there at will. made his shots too.

4) Arci was Arci, limited game and consummate pro. And Otto was Otto, he knew exactly where to be and was quietly good.

5) Lauri was the surprise to me, he was playing harder than anybody and barking. Acted as if he was the team leader.

6) Thad was still figuring out where he fit in with the guys. He did have one cool "spin cycle" move, as Stacey would say.

Not sure Lauri should get into the barking thing. Doesn't seem like it's really him.

Besides - if you're gonna bark at your teammates in the NBA, you better make sure you're the undisputed alpha dog of your team. Lauri is not, and I don't think we we even need a guy like that in this group. Jut play hard and try to lead by example.

I completely disagree with you on this point. Last two years Lauri was feeling himself out and trying not to step on toes. This is the year for him to take over. We WANT him to do this if he wants to be more than a complimentary star

Yeah - I think it is a positive sign that he feels comfortable enough in his game that he can talk about other guys' games.
:clap:
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#43 » by TeamMan » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:07 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Just finished watching that. Coby made shots, Otto, Val. Lavine looked typically awesome, and he had a massive dunk like a 3rd of the way through. Wasn't actually encouraged by what I saw from Dunn, shot was off and made some poor passing decisions.

Val definitely was encouraging seeing him knock down 3s. Dunn I guess at least wasn’t hesitant it’s just nothing dropped. I love the thought of the suicides mixed with free throws at the end. Nice way to keep the guys on each other about turnovers and free throws. If they want to physically work less they have to fundamentally get better and do it together nobody got picked on.

Also gaf

Valentine, more than any player off the bench, can have the biggest impact in games.

Having a player come off the bench and knock down 3s can give the starters energy, and the team momentum.

Hope he stays healthy.
sco
RealGM

Post#44 » by sco » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:22 pm

TeamMan wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Just finished watching that. Coby made shots, Otto, Val. Lavine looked typically awesome, and he had a massive dunk like a 3rd of the way through. Wasn't actually encouraged by what I saw from Dunn, shot was off and made some poor passing decisions.

Val definitely was encouraging seeing him knock down 3s. Dunn I guess at least wasn’t hesitant it’s just nothing dropped. I love the thought of the suicides mixed with free throws at the end. Nice way to keep the guys on each other about turnovers and free throws. If they want to physically work less they have to fundamentally get better and do it together nobody got picked on.

Also gaf

Valentine, more than any player off the bench, can have the biggest impact in games.

Having a player come off the bench and knock down 3s can give the starters energy, and the team momentum.

Hope he stays healthy.

What Valentine gives you is the ability to play Dunn alongside White. White/Dunn/Valentine/Thad/Kornet or Gafford could be a viable bench line-up. I don't think you can play Dunn alongside Hutch at SF.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,589

Post#45 » by Ice Man » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:14 am

TeamMan wrote:Valentine, more than any player off the bench, can have the biggest impact in games.

I forgot to mention Val. He's fat. He hit every shot he took.
IamSam
Senior
And1: 218

Post#46 » by IamSam » Mon Oct 7, 2019 12:34 pm

sco wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

Yeah - I think it is a positive sign that he feels comfortable enough in his game that he can talk about other guys' games.

I'll be curious to see how the team seems to respond to a more vocal Lauri this season if this continues.
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#47 » by PaKii94 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 12:55 pm

It's finallyyyyy time boys!
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#48 » by Repeat 3-peat » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:13 pm

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#49 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:18 pm

THE BULLS PLAY TODAY!!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#50 » by Indomitable » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:19 pm

Donte/Sterling/Pat are going to be more than enough to replace Brogdon, fight me.

Yeah keep believing this.
:banghead:
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#51 » by Indomitable » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:06 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:THE BULLS PLAY TODAY!!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

FINALLY AND I AM READY!
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#52 » by PaKii94 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:40 pm

I think we should make individual game threads
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#53 » by Indomitable » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:58 pm

PaKii94 wrote:I think we should make individual game threads

Do it no one should complain.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#54 » by ZOMG » Mon Oct 7, 2019 3:21 pm

IamSam wrote:
sco wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

I'll be curious to see how the team seems to respond to a more vocal Lauri this season if this continues.

Yeah. It's sooo easy in basketball to have your teammates tune you out if you bark at them without the ability to back it up.

I hope Lauri has worked his ass off this summer to repair the major holes in his game. If not, "taking over" is a total pipe dream.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,743

Post#55 » by dougthonus » Mon Oct 7, 2019 3:33 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Indomitable wrote:So Dunn was his usual self

Boylen yelled at him several times, more than with the rest of the guys. Tough love, I guess.

Dunn was yelled at the most outside of Felicio. Felicio was bad comedy the whole time.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#56 » by PaKii94 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 3:39 pm

ZOMG wrote:
IamSam wrote:
sco wrote:Yeah - I think it is a positive sign that he feels comfortable enough in his game that he can talk about other guys' games.

Yeah. It's sooo easy in basketball to have your teammates tune you out if you bark at them without the ability to back it up.

I hope Lauri has worked his ass off this summer to repair the major holes in his game. If not, "taking over" is a total pipe dream.

I think we both agreed last year Lauri was too passive and his teammates weren't getting him the ball enough. This should fix the first aspect. Reduced roles for Dunn & no more g-league roster should help with the second
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,589

Post#57 » by Ice Man » Mon Oct 7, 2019 3:50 pm

dougthonus wrote:Felicio was bad comedy the whole time.

If anything, he looked worse than he was last year. Which is saying a lot.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#58 » by Stratmaster » Mon Oct 7, 2019 4:04 pm

sco wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

As long as he is leading along with Zach, and those 2 are on the same page, I think it is great.

What we don't need is 2 factions like the Butler era.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
sco
RealGM

Post#59 » by sco » Mon Oct 7, 2019 4:06 pm

Ice Man wrote:
dougthonus wrote:Felicio was bad comedy the whole time.

If anything, he looked worse than he was last year. Which is saying a lot.

So the Bulls must have really low fitness standards for Felicio to pass. I saw the Heat sent JJ home because he didn't pass theirs.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,743

Post#60 » by dougthonus » Mon Oct 7, 2019 4:08 pm

sco wrote:So the Bulls must have really low fitness standards for Felicio to pass. I saw the Heat sent JJ home because he didn't pass theirs.

Felicio didn't look different conditioning wise to me than in the past. I mean he's a big center, that's a bit different than Johnson whom is expected to primarily provide perimeter defense. Felicio probably is in about as good of shape as you can reasonably expect based on history / body type. Johnson had spent a year getting into peak condition to earn his contract and got down to 3% BF or something. Probably lost all that.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls