Celtics exposed?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,286

Celtics exposed? 

Post#1 » by RHODEY » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:15 am

Funny how the BSPN analysts couldn't see this coming .No interior defense... You lose Morris, Horford, and Baynes, replace that with Kanter and what did they expect?Instead of talking about the Celts being a top 4 Eastern team and whether Kemba could replace Kyrie , they needed to be asking if they can even make the playoffs as a "donut" team.
manlisten
Junior
And1: 311

Re: Celtics interior defense exposed? 

Post#2 » by manlisten » Tue Oct 8, 2019 5:53 am

Kemba and Kanter were getting humiliated all game. It was beautiful.

Sent from my Pixel XL using RealGM mobile app
IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Post#3 » by IgorK » Tue Oct 8, 2019 5:56 am

Keep talking and they're gonna slap you all the way to Tuesday.

"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,280

Post#4 » by CIN-C-STAR » Tue Oct 8, 2019 5:57 am

I didn't understand why they shipped Baynes to Phoenix in a salary dump.
The guy is an excellent big defender and rim protector. They couldn't have found a use for that, at least situationally?
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#5 » by shangrila » Tue Oct 8, 2019 6:52 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:I didn't understand why they shipped Baynes to Phoenix in what was basically a salary dump.
The guy is an excellent big defender and rim protector. They couldn't have found a use for that, at least situationally?

I thought they needed the money for Kemba?

Or maybe I just assumed it at the time.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#6 » by LloydFree » Tue Oct 8, 2019 7:37 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:I didn't understand why they shipped Baynes to Phoenix in what was basically a salary dump.

I believe they were hustling up last minute capspace so they could keep Horford's Caphold and still obtain Kemba. I believe they could have signed Kemba outright, without the Rozier sign and trade, if they renounced Horford's Bird Rights. Once they cleared Baynes and did the sign-and-trade, they could get both players. But Horford screwed them and left anyway.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,483

Post#7 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 7:46 am

Not sure how an interior defense that consist of Kanter and 2nd year Williams can get exposed. Were the expectations for their interior defense even high?
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#8 » by BoogieTime » Tue Oct 8, 2019 7:53 am

They literally have the worst set of bigs in the league

That has to be on Ainge
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#9 » by LloydFree » Tue Oct 8, 2019 7:58 am

Rozier attacked the basket a few times, as if Kanter was invisible to him. Standing right in front of him.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,286

Post#10 » by RHODEY » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:16 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Not sure how an interior defense that consist of Kanter and 2nd year Williams can get exposed. Were the expectations for their interior defense even high?

Youre right I meant the Celtics overall.
BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,581

Re: Celtics exposed? 

Post#11 » by BloodNinja » Tue Oct 8, 2019 9:04 am

P R E S E A S O N
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,407

Post#12 » by And1+2 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 9:57 am

Even though I think the Celtics are flawed, over-rated, and won't make it past the first round, this is still pre-season. They will probably make the playoffs...

It will be hilarious if they don't though.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 14,393

Post#13 » by RB34 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:01 am

I don’t think you can say “exposed”, even the staunchest of C’s fans were saying interior D would be an issue.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#14 » by TheBallsDeeper » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:02 am

Celtics are going to be in the race for the number one pick unless they make some big moves. Can't make the playoffs with no defense. They probably have the worse interia defense in the league, and a really poor defensive point guard. The only thing that can save them is their coach, but even Stevens can not preform miracles with this mess.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#15 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:59 am

It's the east. They'll make the playoffs.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#16 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Oct 8, 2019 11:03 am

I like how the Knicks fan casually slips Morris in with Baynes and Horford in terms of defense lost :lol:
celtics543
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#17 » by celtics543 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 11:06 am

Celts are a playoff team but the interior defense is definitely an issue. Kanter isn't going to start though, they'll have someone in there for defensive purposes, whether it ends up being RW3, Grant Williams, Theis, Poirier, or whoever. There's been one preseason game so lots of things to work out but losing Al makes it really tough defensively. What I'm pretty sure of though is that Marcus Smart has to start next to Kemba and right now it looks like Hayward would be the odd one out of the starting lineup. I think Tatum and Brown can play better defense than Hayward and I'm not sure they need Gordon's offense with the starting unit.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#18 » by TheBallsDeeper » Tue Oct 8, 2019 12:21 pm

celtics543 wrote:Celts are a playoff team but the interior defense is definitely an issue. Kanter isn't going to start though, they'll have someone in there for defensive purposes, whether it ends up being RW3, Grant Williams, Theis, Poirier, or whoever. There's been one preseason game so lots of things to work out but losing Al makes it really tough defensively. What I'm pretty sure of though is that Marcus Smart has to start next to Kemba and right now it looks like Hayward would be the odd one out of the starting lineup. I think Tatum and Brown can play better defense than Hayward and I'm not sure they need Gordon's offense with the starting unit.

Agree about Smart, they need his defense next to Walker.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#19 » by LloydFree » Tue Oct 8, 2019 12:34 pm

celtics543 wrote:Celts are a playoff team but the interior defense is definitely an issue. Kanter isn't going to start though, they'll have someone in there for defensive purposes, whether it ends up being RW3, Grant Williams, Theis, Poirier, or whoever. There's been one preseason game so lots of things to work out but losing Al makes it really tough defensively. What I'm pretty sure of though is that Marcus Smart has to start next to Kemba and right now it looks like Hayward would be the odd one out of the starting lineup. I think Tatum and Brown can play better defense than Hayward and I'm not sure they need Gordon's offense with the starting unit.

Grant Williams? LOL.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,098

Post#20 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Oct 8, 2019 12:53 pm

Tacko Fall ? He has the height & rim protection

Return to The General Board