Re: The Temple of Jemerrio Jones 

Post#61 » by FAH1223 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:38 pm

thought he played OK last night
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#62 » by I_Like_Dirt » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:49 pm

I picked him up as my 16th man in my keeper league. He's such an odd player. So ridiculously good at what he does but also such a massive hole in his game that would normally be a significant part of whichever role he takes on. I hope the Wizards keep both Jones and Bonga (really want to see him play) because I think they've both got a fair bit more potential than some other guys on the roster.
Bucket! Bucket!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,306

Post#63 » by nate33 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:39 pm

I'd really like to see Jones get some minutes with the starters, or at least the primary bench players like Bertans and McRae. I want to see if they can make things work despite Jones' woeful shooting when they put shooters on the floor alongside him.

We're not going to learn anything about him if he only plays in garbage time.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#64 » by Ruzious » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:10 pm

nate33 wrote:I'd really like to see Jones get some minutes with the starters, or at least the primary bench players like Bertans and McRae. I want to see if they can make things work despite Jones' woeful shooting when they put shooters on the floor alongside him.

We're not going to learn anything about him if he only plays in garbage time.

Thing is - he's a pretty good passer - probably above average for a 2. All he needs to show is that he can hit open 3's, imo.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#65 » by I_Like_Dirt » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:32 pm

Ruzious wrote:Thing is - he's a pretty good passer - probably above average for a 2. All he needs to show is that he can hit open 3's, imo.

I think he needs to show that he can score from anywhere outside of 3 feet. He even struggles with FTs. If he ever figured out how to score effectively from pretty much anywhere, he'd probably have a reasonable career. Without that ability, he's a much more niche player. If he added range out to the 3-point line, he becomes a top 7 guy in a rotation at worst and probably better than that.
Bucket! Bucket!

Return to Washington Wizards