Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs. Bucks Preseason #1 Game Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Re: Bulls vs. Bucks Preseason #1 Game Thread 

Post#521 » by suckfish » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:44 pm

Haven't had the time to read any of the Coby reactions in here but just wanted to say I really like what I saw. Physically and athletically he looks pretty good for a point guard. Hopefully he can have a better shooting night vs the Pels.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#522 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:50 pm

DuckIII wrote:
madvillian wrote:
It's funny Boylen is actually the coach Hoiberg was supposed to be.

I’m no Hoiberg fan, but in fairness Boylen has the type of roster that Hoiberg always needed, but never had, to run his stuff.

Not really a defense of Boylen either though. I never had confidence in Hoiberg and don’t have any so far in Boylen either.

Chris Fleming is going to be a very hot commodity for a HC gig if this offense takes off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
TallDude
Junior
And1: 140

Post#523 » by TallDude » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:57 pm

I do not care much about preseason games in any sport. So i was just glad to see that everybody get the ball. It was not Lauri`s or Lavine`s show. Rookies and newcomers was more important to watch. I wait our first real game. We have such a young team. That is where my hope is. Now we also have good vets but not old ones. When our core gets minutes i think we are atleast very close to be playoff team.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Post#524 » by SfBull » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:12 pm

TallDude wrote:I do not care much about preseason games in any sport. So i was just glad to see that everybody get the ball. It was not Lauri`s or Lavine`s show. Rookies and newcomers was more important to watch. I wait our first real game. We have such a young team. That is where my hope is. Now we also have good vets but not old ones. When our core gets minutes i think we are atleast very close to be playoff team.

Considering Bucks, Celtics, Pacers,Heat,Nets, Magic,Sixers and obviously the Raptors as playoff contenders how the Bulls could enter this group?
I think it's very unlikely to happen.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,709

Post#525 » by madvillian » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:16 pm

SfBull wrote:
TallDude wrote:I do not care much about preseason games in any sport. So i was just glad to see that everybody get the ball. It was not Lauri`s or Lavine`s show. Rookies and newcomers was more important to watch. I wait our first real game. We have such a young team. That is where my hope is. Now we also have good vets but not old ones. When our core gets minutes i think we are atleast very close to be playoff team.

Considering Bucks, Celtics, Pacers,Heat,Nets, Magic,Sixers and obviously the Raptors as playoff contenders how the Bulls could enter this group?

I think the east is pretty tiered:

A tier: Bucks, Boston, Sixers
B tier: Nets, Pacers (could be C tier depending on if Dipo's recovery) Raptors
C tier: Bulls, Magic, Heat

Could possibly see the Knicks sneaking into the C tier but they are probably closer to 30 wins than 40.

The East isn't that strong especially in the middle the Bulls should be able to compete for a playoff spot. If they can't it's a big step back and probably a sign that GarPax should be canned.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,313

Post#526 » by Mbrahv0528 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:39 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
BigUps wrote:I'm surprised at the amount of criticism being tossed at White after one preseason game. I really liked what I saw and once the game slows down to him, he'll create more opportunities for his teammates. He's going to be able to utilize his speed and change of pace so much more as he adapts to the NBA.

One thing that I really liked was his defense. It was way better than I anticipated. Hopefully thats a trend that continues.

I mean all the criticisms are valid and he needs to really needs to take them seriously like Jimmy Butler did.
The very unfortunate thing abt White is he has all the tools to become an all-star but is also very raw and clearly not NBA ready.
The problem is he wont likely fully utilize his jack of all trades skillset (all around, 2way player) and focus more on the scoring mentality since that is the most sexy part for all players. Guys like him and Dunn kinda lack fundamentals and need to really master pg skills to be a starter let alone stars. My best advice is know your limits and play within them like Sato has been doing in his entire career.
Gafford already realizes before even game started which is why I have been saying he has all-star ceiling. It might seem trivial but some players do ruin their entire career bc they are too full of themselves. Having the right mentality is really key in the NBA.
You follow up a hot take, with the exact same hot take? 1 pre season game, doubling down on your position. I really can't wait to revisit these posts, so cringe.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,782

Post#527 » by beeshma » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:44 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
beeshma wrote:I think Coby White looks like the best player on the floor. He has the potential to be the best player on the roster this season. I certainly trust him more than anyone. Wendell is sort of trustworthy but he won't ever look for his own shot even when that's the best option.

Zach on the other hand, once a chucker always a chucker. :noway:

Did we watch the same game?
No. Beeshma was watching the alternative universe game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Cable is cheaper in the alternate Universe. :lol:
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Post#528 » by SfBull » Wed Oct 9, 2019 8:52 pm

madvillian wrote:
SfBull wrote:

I think the east is pretty tiered:

A tier: Bucks, Boston, Sixers
B tier: Nets, Pacers (could be C tier depending on if Dipo's recovery) Raptors
C tier: Bulls, Magic, Heat

Could possibly see the Knicks sneaking into the C tier but they are probably closer to 30 wins than 40.

The East isn't that strong especially in the middle the Bulls should be able to compete for a playoff spot. If they can't it's a big step back and probably a sign that GarPax should be canned.

I forgot about the Pistons which I'd include in the C tier.So we'd have 4 teams fighting for 2 spots.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#529 » by TeamMan » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:43 pm

DuckIII wrote:
madvillian wrote:

I’m no Hoiberg fan, but in fairness Boylen has the type of roster that Hoiberg always needed, but never had, to run his stuff.

Not really a defense of Boylen either though. I never had confidence in Hoiberg and don’t have any so far in Boylen either.

Boylen has the advantage of knowing what Hoiberg was trying to run and having the plays in his head.

To me he looks like a guy who can't believe that he got the head coach job and a team (a young team) that is going to keep him winning for a lot of years.

He does keep saying it too! (I can't believe it. I'm so fortunate. etc...) :lol:
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,984

Post#530 » by Chi town » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:44 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
madvillian wrote:

Chris Fleming is going to be a very hot commodity for a HC gig if this offense takes off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good he can take Boylen's job.
TallDude
Junior
And1: 140

Post#531 » by TallDude » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:42 am

SfBull wrote:

That is why i said close. Not there. Yet :D

Return to Chicago Bulls