ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2020/21 Edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,284

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#61 » by pepe1991 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:16 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Jesus

he went 12/13 from the floor

but but but, he cant shoot..... :wink:

he is still young enough and developing that even if he isnt a good outside shooter right now(and probably isnt that great) he has time to improve it

Just once in a lifetime type of athlete. Given his body shape there is no logical explanation how he can leap like that. Guy like Big Baby Davis with leaping of Gordon or Lavine. :crazy:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#62 » by MoMM » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:27 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's understandable losing an inch or so without shoes, but some of these players are literally losing 3 plus inches :lol:

Maybe they were wearing high heels...

Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#63 » by Xatticus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:44 pm

MagicFrenchie wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Jesus

Lol those were all easy layups with close to non existent defense , against the crappy C Bulls team

I'm not hating but I'm really not impressed by this guy , good interior defense and he's done , and I'm questioning myself about his longevity. Can't puch too much emphasiz on physicality .

Yeah... I don't know what more evidence there needs to be at this point. He gets those easy layups because he has the skills to get to those spots and the body control and touch to finish them. He just doesn't fit into any conventional category. He can't shoot. I'm not sure he ever will be able to, but he is going to post some of the most gaudy eFG and TS percentages in the league. The closest comp you are going to find is Barkley, but Barkley didn't have the tools that Williamson does.

I would be so excited right now if I were a fan of the Pelicans. They are so young and talented and they have enough quality veterans interspersed to give them a legitimate shot at the playoffs. To get here from where they were at the end of last season is astounding. They had a terrific summer.

Oh... and NAW led a 23-point comeback in their win last night.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#64 » by pepe1991 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Xatticus wrote:
MagicFrenchie wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Jesus

Lol those were all easy layups with close to non existent defense , against the crappy C Bulls team

I'm not hating but I'm really not impressed by this guy , good interior defense and he's done , and I'm questioning myself about his longevity. Can't puch too much emphasiz on physicality .

Yeah... I don't know what more evidence there needs to be at this point. He gets those easy layups because he has the skills to get to those spots and the body control and touch to finish them. He just doesn't fit into any conventional category. He can't shoot. I'm not sure he ever will be able to, but he is going to post some of the most gaudy eFG and TS percentages in the league. The closest comp you are going to find is Barkley, but Barkley didn't have the tools that Williamson does.

I would be so excited right now if I were a fan of the Pelicans. They are so young and talented and they have enough quality veterans interspersed to give them a legitimate shot at the playoffs. To get here from where they were at the end of last season is astounding. They had a terrific summer.

I'm just not sold on Ingram and Lonzo for fits next to him. Lonzo does pass well, but that jumpshot is so bad. Ingram also passes better than shoots.
Maybe NAW will be starter before even he hoped.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#65 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Watching the Pels the last couple of games and Ingram is reminding me of Melo but without the talent. Big time ball stopper with tunnel vision so far.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#66 » by Xatticus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:25 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Xatticus wrote:
MagicFrenchie wrote:

I'm just not sold on Ingram and Lonzo for fits next to him. Lonzo does pass well, but that jumpshot is so bad. Ingram also passes better than shoots.
Maybe NAW will be starter before even he hoped.

Yeah. I never thought that much of Ingram, but I do like Lonzo. He seems to have worked on his shot over the summer. There doesn't seem to be the same left to right delivery.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#67 » by ezzzp » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Xatticus wrote:

...that was after Chicago pulled their key rotation guys and played lineups mostly composed of their fringe NBA guys
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#68 » by Bensational » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:37 pm

ezzzp wrote:
Xatticus wrote:

...that was after Chicago pulled their key rotation guys and played lineups mostly composed of their fringe NBA guys

Thad Young, Dunn, White, Valentine, Felicio and Arcidiano all played big minutes over that span. Apart from White (rookie) they're all NBA rotation calibre guys.

Not sure why you can't give the kid credit.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#69 » by pepe1991 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:20 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Watching the Pels the last couple of games and Ingram is reminding me of Melo but without the talent. Big time ball stopper with tunnel vision so far.

When he was hyped i compared him to Michael Beasley, ofc got lot of heat for it...
He has some talent to be really good passer, he even played PG for a bit two years ago, he also had streaches last year where he averaged 21 points ,6 rebounds, 3 assist on 50%-39%-75% but he is still built like a tootpick and does not have reliable 3 point shot.

I can see him developing into good player, but also i can imagine him never becomming much better than he is right now.
Player to keep eye on, but imo Zion's talent, along with guys like JJ Redick, Jrue Holiday, even NAW, will simply overshadow him because they are much better fits to Zion than him.
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#70 » by ezzzp » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:21 pm

Bensational wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
Xatticus wrote:

Thad Young, Dunn, White, Valentine, Felicio and Arcidiano all played big minutes over that span. Apart from White (rookie) they're all NBA rotation calibre guys.

"NBA Rotation Players" :lol: like: 2nd round (38th pick) rookie Daniel Gafford...undrafted camp invitees Adam Mokoka and Justin Simon...2018-19 3d string center on a 22 win team Christian Felicio...

Dunn and Arcidiano are only rotation guys on a 22 win team...and that's only for now.

FYI Valentine was literally playing his second game since April 2018 after sitting out with injury...he was ok when healthy but even then he was a back up on tank team...same squad where Jerian Grant was starting PG for 26 games and played 1700 minutes.

Also, Thad Young only played first 4 minutes of 4Q and when he got subbed out Bulls had a 13 pt lead.

Not sure why you keep trying to over value garbage time stardom.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by Bensational » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:30 pm

ezzzp wrote:
Bensational wrote:
ezzzp wrote:

"NBA Rotation Players" :lol: like: 2nd round (38th pick) rookie Daniel Gafford...undrafted camp invitees Adam Mokoka and Justin Simon...2018-19 3d string center on a 22 win team Christian Felicio...

Dunn and Arcidiano are only rotation guys on a 22 win team...and that's only for now.

FYI Valentine was literally playing his second game since April 2018 after sitting out with injury...he was ok when healthy but even then he was a back up on tank team...same squad where Jerian Grant was starting PG for 26 games and played 1700 minutes.

Also, Thad Young only played first 4 minutes of 4Q and when he got subbed out Bulls had a 13 pt lead.

Lol. Keep trying.
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#72 » by ezzzp » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:52 am

Bensational wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
Bensational wrote:

Lol. Keep trying.

I didn't need to try very hard...all I had to do is point to the facts and then sit back and watch your statement disintegrate :lol:
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,374

Post#73 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:48 am

Bensational wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
Xatticus wrote:

Because the WeHam can do no wrong crowd would have to acknowledge the fact they may have made a mistake passing on him. He looked as advertised in summer league and now looks as advertised in the preseason so far as well. Against backups or not, his playmaking, defensive ability, and 3pt shooting have been on display.

This kid is going to be a very good NBA player and could have helped this team (both now and in the future).
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,923

Post#74 » by MagicMatic » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:16 am

Bensational wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
Xatticus wrote:

Because it goes against the narrative the the FO is never wrong.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#75 » by pepe1991 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:25 am

Porter looked fine in garbage time.
Anfernee Simons looks fine. Will be hard for him to get any PT for Blazers but you never know.

Curry was ridicilous, 40 points in 25 min last night.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by Bensational » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:00 am

pepe1991 wrote:Porter looked fine in garbage time.
Anfernee Simons looks fine. Will be hard for him to get any PT for Blazers but you never know.

Simons is another name I really wanted. I hope we can find a way to nab him somehow. Him or NAW. Down the line, I think both will be players you'd really want on your team.
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#77 » by GelbeWand09 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:03 am

Yea i probably can't watch non magic Pels & Heat games this season, because of NAW & Herro ^^

For me Zion's gonna be more the face of the NBA in the VC style than LeBron, Kobe & Co. He is the best finisher since Shaq with LeBron & Giannis, but unlike the other 2, i don't see any other elite skill. LeBron passes like Magic & Giannis is a 2 way monster.
I've seen a lotta Draymond Green comparisons on defense. No way. Green got much longer wingspan, which is much more important on defense than Zion's vertical & he is probably the biggest defensive mind of his generation. The way he reads defenses & kills the ''unguardable'' Harden / Capela pick and roll is unique.
I think Zion's gonna be a 25 ppg scorer but never a top 5 impact player. He probably gonna need a better player on his side like AD in the future.

Anfernee Simons Jumper looks automatic. Big fan

Watching Curry is awesome. How so many people on the GB rate AD over him is such a joke. He is still easily a Top 3 player in this leaque & maybe the most impactful off. player.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,715

Post#78 » by basketballRob » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:46 am

pepe1991 wrote:Porter looked fine in garbage time.

Culver looks really good too. Minnesota should be better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#79 » by magicman112 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:46 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Watching the Pels the last couple of games and Ingram is reminding me of Melo but without the talent. Big time ball stopper with tunnel vision so far.

When he was hyped i compared him to Michael Beasley, ofc got lot of heat for it...
He has some talent to be really good passer, he even played PG for a bit two years ago, he also had streaches last year where he averaged 21 points ,6 rebounds, 3 assist on 50%-39%-75% but he is still built like a tootpick and does not have reliable 3 point shot.

I can see him developing into good player, but also i can imagine him never becomming much better than he is right now.
Player to keep eye on, but imo Zion's talent, along with guys like JJ Redick, Jrue Holiday, even NAW, will simply overshadow him because they are much better fits to Zion than him.

Yeah looks to be one of those guys that has the talent and ability to be a great player but just won't get there. Kind of like Billy Owens if anyone knows who he is. He was much like Ingram versatile talent but just never had the drive to be a great player.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#80 » by pepe1991 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:16 pm

magicman112 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Yeah looks to be one of those guys that has the talent and ability to be a great player but just won't get there. Kind of like Billy Owens if anyone knows who he is. He was much like Ingram versatile talent but just never had the drive to be a great player.

It's odd situation, if he is on Magic i would be 99% of forum would drool over him and kept telling me how he is just 21 and future superstar and compare him with whoever. I think that's just in his best interest to go to a team with less young players and with strong leadership that can max out his potential, Under Popovich he would probably become 23+ ppg player over 2 years. Guy has nice footwork, moves really well for size, plays ok defense, has nice passing insticts just lacks shooting range.

Return to Orlando Magic