ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj & Lowe: Potential bidding war for Kyle Lowry

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Re: Woj & Lowe: Potential bidding war for Kyle Lowry 

Post#101 » by Raps1103 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:07 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:My confident prediction is that whatever Masai does it won't be anything that anyone around here predicted.

did anyone predict us trading for norm, ibaka, kawi, danny green, gasol? drafting pascal or jakob? signing fred? etc.etc.

just stop trying because whatever he does is a guaranteed surprise

Actually i think a ton of ppl were calling for/predicted both the Ibaka & Gasol trade.. myself included .. in fact I pretty much called that Ibaka trade exactly
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#102 » by LastNameEver » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:27 pm

A lot of Masai's moves are moves that were discussed on here prior to.
Him and Bobby think like the hardcore fans.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,222

Post#103 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:33 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:My confident prediction is that whatever Masai does it won't be anything that anyone around here predicted.

did anyone predict us trading for norm, ibaka, kawi, danny green, gasol? drafting pascal or jakob? signing fred? etc.etc.

actually yes for the ibaka for ross was a trade thread/board favorite.

right. I don't spend a lot of time on the trade thread or board so i guess i'm not aware of these discussions. are you sure it isn't a case of a million things being thrown at the wall and some of them inevitably being correct? my sense is masai has consistently surprised everyone even if randomly some people happened to guess right once in a while.

no it was bandied about this board and the trade board since the beginning of the season. interestingly the magic fans kept saying no to it but then ibaka was unimpressive and his value dropped i think.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,848

Post#104 » by JShuttlesworth » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:41 pm

If Masai is indeed interested in trading Lowry it would be curious as to what the asking price would be. Ibaka / Gasol could also be on the market and the asking price for Lowry will impact the asking price for the other two.

Teams like Miami / Minnesota could be potential trade suitors.
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#105 » by tor1234567 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:56 pm

StopitLeo wrote:
Brinbe wrote:What is a good package for Lowry look like? A star Wing? A prospect? Draft picks?

A team that can use Lowry will be trying to go deep in the playoffs so the wouldn't be able to afford to trade a star player.

In this kind of trade scenario my preference would be to get future first round picks anticipating that the team trading for Lowry will decline into a rebuild in the next 7 years. I'm sure some people think that there is no way Lowry could return multiple picks but the fact that Lowry signed an extension makes him more valuable since he won't be a rental.

You know what would be amazing? If he was traded to the Spurs.

Pretty much any one of Miami, Clipper and Lakers will be declining in three years from now.

If you can get a couple of picks or pick swaps in 2023 or 2024 from these teams, those are very valuable assets to use a trade (when we become buyers in 2021).
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,274

Post#106 » by mademan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:06 pm

tor1234567 wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:
Brinbe wrote:What is a good package for Lowry look like? A star Wing? A prospect? Draft picks?

A team that can use Lowry will be trying to go deep in the playoffs so the wouldn't be able to afford to trade a star player.

In this kind of trade scenario my preference would be to get future first round picks anticipating that the team trading for Lowry will decline into a rebuild in the next 7 years. I'm sure some people think that there is no way Lowry could return multiple picks but the fact that Lowry signed an extension makes him more valuable since he won't be a rental.

Pretty much any one of Miami, Clipper and Lakers will be declining in three years from now.

If you can get a couple of picks or pick swaps in 2023 or 2024 from these teams, those are very valuable assets to use a trade (when we become buyers in 2021).

Lakers dont have contracts.
Clippers are pickless for the next decade
Heat are an option, though they have no picks in 2023 either, and i cant see Masai sending Lowry out with the best asset coming back being 5 years down the line. A lot can happen in 5 years, he might not be here anymore, you never know.

I'd be ok with sending him to Minny and getting back a good pick from them. In the West, if it's not properly protected, it can be top 10, which is gold for Masai
tor1234567
Rookie

Post#107 » by tor1234567 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:05 am

mademan wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:

Heat are an option, though they have no picks in 2023 either, and i cant see Masai sending Lowry out with the best asset coming back being 5 years down the line. A lot can happen in 5 years, he might not be here anymore, you never know.

I'd be ok with sending him to Minny and getting back a good pick from them. In the West, if it's not properly protected, it can be top 10, which is gold for Masai

Re: Lakers...
Lakers may not have contracts, but a third team can be involved to facilitate. Many teams do this, and Masai is a creative guy (he can figure this out).
They still own Kuzma and their 2022 pick. Those are solid assets worth asking for, from a team that is desperately all-in this season.

Re: Clippers...
I am perfectly fine with taking a 2027 pick swap from the Clippers, in addition to Zubac and Shamet in a trade.

Re: Miami...

They have their 2024 pick which will be very juicy, since that is the year Butler is gone. Even if you don't use it, it has very high trade value.
It doesn't have to be Lowry for the pick straight up. They have Bam Adebayo too. Perhaps a 2025 pick swap too. You can expand the package a bit, and include win-now assets (Gasol, Powell, etc.) that can help them today. Miami has a lot of expiring contracts to make it work.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#108 » by Bankai » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:09 am

Saw some people with a Trade Proposal that Lowry for Andrew Wiggins trade makes sense for the Raptors. Agree? Disagree?

Ex. Wiggins + Napier for Lowry works on the ESPN Trade Checker.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Post#109 » by Raptors Realtor » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:19 am

Bankai wrote:Saw some people with a Trade Proposal that Lowry for Andrew Wiggins trade makes sense for the Raptors. Agree? Disagree?

Wiggins doesn't seem like a Masai player... He's like a poor man's Derozan without the work ethic. Good scorer, but lacks passing & consistent 3 pt shooting, and defense is an afterthought.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,529

Post#110 » by SFour » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:24 am

Bankai wrote:Saw some people with a Trade Proposal that Lowry for Andrew Wiggins trade makes sense for the Raptors. Agree? Disagree?

I don't want Wiggins, and I'm sure a lot of people would agree with me....he's not a winner. Just because he's from Canada doesn't mean anything because he doesn't even want to play for the national team.

I rather ride out Lowry's contract than roll a dice on Wiggins....the Wolves would have to include some nice draft picks for me to even consider it.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,692

Post#111 » by Clay Davis » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:31 am

This would be such a BC move lol
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,575

Post#112 » by Mak » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:40 am

Detroit and Magic would probably be good fits. We just need to get a few more draft picks, does not really matter which players we get back as long as their contract runs out in 2 years.
Section_306
Analyst
And1: 1,576

Post#113 » by Section_306 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:47 am

jrask wrote:I'd love to see Kyle finish out his 2 years remaining under contract. No Trade

We're all in for 2021 free agency anyway

:lol: I love having dudes like you in my fantasy football leagues.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,329

Post#114 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:35 am

Wiggins is god awful. If the team ever trades Lowry (and they have little reason to right now), it's going to be a for a future asset and not a total scrub.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#115 » by navyblue » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:59 am

tor1234567 wrote:
mademan wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:

Lakers may not have contracts, but a third team can be involved to facilitate. Many teams do this, and Masai is a creative guy (he can figure this out).
They still own Kuzma and their 2022 pick. Those are solid assets worth asking for, from a team that is desperately all-in this season.

I am perfectly fine with taking a 2027 pick swap from the Clippers, in addition to Zubac and Shamet in a trade.

They have their 2024 pick which will be very juicy, since that is the year Butler is gone. Even if you don't use it, it has very high trade value.
It doesn't have to be Lowry for the pick straight up. They have Bam Adebayo too. Perhaps a 2025 pick swap too. You can expand the package a bit, and include win-now assets (Gasol, Powell, etc.) that can help them today. Miami has a lot of expiring contracts to make it work.

re lakers, doesnt matter how many teams you add to the trade, there has to be about 28ish million outgoing from lakers,

and they have about 3 players who can veto trades. kcp, rondo, mcgee.
from there you have to get to close to 30 million outgoing, danny green and 4-5 other bench players. thats just too much for a team let alone the raptors to do, a 6-1 trade.

- clippers arent allowed to trade 2027 pick, can only right now trade 2026 latest,which is already traded , looking at thier picks they are only allowed to trade 2020 first rounder and thats it, nothing else. and they also fall into the same problem as the lakers, lots of smaller contracts that they will have to add up to 30 million, again we are talking about 4-5 for 1 trade.

- heat cant trade 2024 pick, its not allowed because of stepian rule, plus its locked to thunder till 2026. heat basically are not allowed to trade ANY first rounder. plus they are hard capped, so its hard but doable to trad with them, the salalary will just have to add to almost exaclty.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,606

Post#116 » by StopitLeo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:00 pm

tor1234567 wrote:
mademan wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:

The Lakers can’t trade their 2022 pick per the Stepien Rule.

I don’t love swaps without a true additional pick being acquired because they can easily turn into a second round pick if a good swap opportunity never arises. Plus, 2027 is a long ways away.

The Heat don’t have their 2024 first round pick (it’s lotto protected to OKC via LAC) unless that pick gets settled in 2023.

Since our future isn’t at all tied to what we could get for Lowry I don’t see Masai trading him unless the other team overpays. Unfortunately, most of the teams that (potentially) could use him don’t have much on the way of tradable assets.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#117 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:06 pm

Absolutely not. Wiggins is awful. It's like trading Lowry for a worse version of DD who may never be as good as DD. It would kill our team for years.

We're better off just letting him expire and replacing him with a bucket of water. At least the bucket could play defence by tripping up players.
tor1234567
Rookie

Post#118 » by tor1234567 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:24 pm

Raps1103 wrote:

Actually i think a ton of ppl were calling for/predicted both the Ibaka & Gasol trade.. myself included .. in fact I pretty much called that Ibaka trade exactly

Actually... The only move that Masai did that WASN'T discussed on here was his signing of Demarre Carroll, haha
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,575

Post#119 » by bluerap23 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:40 pm

mademan wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
triple_threat wrote:Out of the teams that can actually use lowry (bucks, philly, lakers, clippers, am i missing anyone) who can offer a package attractive for toronto? I dont see it.

Lakers have Kuzma

And cant come close to 30 mill in contract filler

They can. Green, KCP + Bradley/McGee
Haisan
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#120 » by Haisan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:11 pm

My confident prediction is that whatever Masai does, it won't be anything Doug Smith predicted...

Return to Toronto Raptors