ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,926

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#501 » by exculpatory » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:55 am

Parliament10 wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
Read on Twitter

Get this little girl a contract!

Amazing. She's obviously a Natural.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&q=where+does+karolina+protsenko+live&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiQ39-UktrkAhVsS98KHZL2Cz4Q1QIoB3oECAsQCA&biw=768&bih=983

She was born in the Ukraine & now apparently lives near Santa Monica.
She was almost 10 in that video from 9/2018.
Awesome talent.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#502 » by greenroom31 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:11 pm

Here's a song by Macho Man Randy Savage that should make you chuckle and is actually somehow surprisingly not terrible:

;frags=pl%2Cwn
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#503 » by jmr07019 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Love this band. The patience in their jams, how happy the keyboard / rhythm guitar player is, the overall vibe :)

Show Love Spread Love
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,642

Post#504 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Oct 1, 2019 3:58 pm

canman1971 wrote:Anyone here check out Cobra Kai? I just binged watched it after watching the Karate Kid for the 100th time. I must say, I was quite surprised how entertaining it is and how the storylines developed.

I like it a lot, but I'm a huge Karate Kid fan as a whole. Season 1>>Season 2 IMO though.
Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Post#505 » by Pacino62 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 9:40 am

Joker - :o

That is all
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,067

Post#506 » by Ed Pinkney » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:10 am

Pacino62 wrote:Joker - :o

That is all

One of those movies where I am not sure if I liked it or not when it finished.
Pacino62
Analyst

Post#507 » by Pacino62 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:33 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:Joker - :o

That is all

One of those movies where I am not sure if I liked it or not when it finished.

Oh I loved it. I mean. I was depressed and disgusted leaving it but I absolutely loved it. And his performance was my personal favorite performance by an actor in many years. I’d need to really sit down and look to determine how far back. I’m not saying the film was the best in years. In fact, it was like my 4th or 5th favorite this year behind Parasite, Climax, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Us and Midsommar. But the performance was astonishing.
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#508 » by NPZ » Tue Oct 8, 2019 11:15 pm

exculpatory wrote:https://apple.news/AN5JT5oxfRTWky0Y2NhVQdA

Tragic.
His prognosis is zero.

One of the greats. Erudite and a good man. He'll be genuinely missed when it happens.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
NPZ
Analyst

Post#509 » by NPZ » Tue Oct 8, 2019 11:22 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:
Disagree completely on Jackie Brown. Gets a bad wrap. Hateful Eight, we’re on the same page.

As for The Boys. Holy ****. Just finished episode 5 and I’m hooked. Can’t stop watching.

Once Upon a Time tomorrow. Can’t wait.

I like Jackie brown a lot also......”acrossssss 1- hundred and 10th streeeeeet”.

I thought hateful 8 is by far his worst film, the story was good but I felt that even for a Tarantino film it was over the top and the dialogue which is his strong suit felt forced and was trying too hard.

As far as this one it was much better than hateful 8 and I enjoyed it a lot. Ending was funny as hell and classic Tarantino, the visuals during the movie really captured that 60s feel Brad Pitt was great as was DiCaprio.

The dialogue is why I hated Hateful Eight. Too much use of the N-word for me, considering there's only one black character in the movie. Kind of seeing what Spike Lee meant now

His N word usage, is often meanspirited and not just necessary to establish realism (Marty has used it a lot, but even in a movie like GoodFellas, it was only said once by Henjry). I understand that he's using it for shock value or comedic overboardism and accept it as part of his gimmick bag. However, I found Hateful 8 more entertaining than I ever thought it would be and Jennifer Jason Leigh was amazing. I had to watch it in full after watching about 5 mins of it and turning it off because I thought what I saw was meh. I had to be up w/ insomnia at 3AM with nothing else to watch or do before I could sit thru it all tho. Some parts were funny. I've seen all his stuff and everything more than once in full, just re-watched Rez Dogs the other day. I rank Hateful 8 above Inglorious Basterds, which I think is even more laborious dialogue wise than H8. Not even funny dialogue, just walls of it. Django was much more entertaining too.

NPZ
Analyst

Post#510 » by NPZ » Tue Oct 8, 2019 11:44 pm

Any Roth era Van Halen fans in here? Some concert footage from their 78 tour where they headlined for Sabbath and 79 clips from Fresno, CA were released remastered by a film resto company. Unreal stuff, footage of them in any form from 78 is rarer than Bigfoot footage and in this A/V quality it is doubly rare. They were immense back then. Even Sabbath didn't wanna follow that by that point when they were themselves breaking up.

78: https://youtu.be/BR4S1FqHZzQ?t=71

79: https://youtu.be/s_ADXPIn3ow?t=3

jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#511 » by jmr07019 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 12:27 am

Deon Cole: Cole Hearted (stand up comedy) on netflix was great.

NPZ wrote:Any Roth era Van Halen fans in here? Some concert footage from their 78 tour where they headlined for Sabbath and 79 clips from Fresno, CA were released remastered by a film resto company. Unreal stuff, footage of them in any form from 78 is rarer than Bigfoot footage and in this A/V quality it is doubly rare. They were immense back then. Even Sabbath didn't wanna follow that by that point when they were themselves breaking up.

Awesome footage thanks for sharing. Eddie was an absolute monster on guitar
Show Love Spread Love
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,757

Post#512 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:31 am

NPZ
Analyst

Post#513 » by NPZ » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:31 am

jmr07019 wrote:Deon Cole: Cole Hearted (stand up comedy) on netflix was great.

NPZ wrote:Any Roth era Van Halen fans in here? Some concert footage from their 78 tour where they headlined for Sabbath and 79 clips from Fresno, CA were released remastered by a film resto company. Unreal stuff, footage of them in any form from 78 is rarer than Bigfoot footage and in this A/V quality it is doubly rare. They were immense back then. Even Sabbath didn't wanna follow that by that point when they were themselves breaking up.

Awesome footage thanks for sharing. Eddie was an absolute monster on guitar

Ed not being deaf by this point is a testament to the power of Heineken, cigarettes, and cocaine to cure tinnitus.

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#514 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:52 am

Saw the Joker last week. Great movie. Didn't think Todd Phillips was capable of directing a movie that wasn't a comedy. Joaquin Phoenix will probably get another nomination for Best Actor. He was excellent.

Funny thing is - I worked a 12 hour day that night and smoked a fatty before going in. Thought I would pass out at some point since we caught the late show, but the movie was so good, I stayed up for all of it.

Let's just hope Warner Brothers doesn't **** this up and try writing a sequel to it. This movie deserves to stand on it's own.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,844

Post#515 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:10 am

Some more light, fun viewing: Mr. Mercedes, The Act, Unbelievable, Carnival Row
Pacino62
Analyst

Post#516 » by Pacino62 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:18 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Some more light, fun viewing: Mr. Mercedes, The Act, Unbelievable, Carnival Row

The Act and Unbelievable are such difficult watches. Been a crazy year for challenging tv. Chernobyl, When They See Us, etc. watched episode one of Carnival Row and gave up. Worth continuing on? Been meaning to check out Mr Mercedes. There’s just too much to keep up with. Right now, I’m watching the brilliant Succession, The Deuce S3, Goliath S3 and the amazing Righteous Gemstones. New seasons of Ray Donavan, Jack Ryan, Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Insatiable and Atypical are coming and Watchmen and Westworld S3 will be here in no time. Like wtf :banghead:

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,844

Post#517 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:22 am

Pacino62 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Some more light, fun viewing: Mr. Mercedes, The Act, Unbelievable, Carnival Row

The Act and Unbelievable are such difficult watches. Been a crazy year for challenging tv. Chernobyl, When They See Us, etc. watched episode one of Carnival Row and gave up. Worth continuing on? Been meaning to check out Mr Mercedes. There’s just too much to keep up with. Right now, I’m watching the brilliant Succession, The Deuce S3, Goliath S3 and the amazing Righteous Gemstones. New seasons of Ray Donavan, Jack Ryan, Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Insatiable and Atypical are coming and Watchmen and Westworld S3 will be here in no time. Like wtf :banghead:

Carnival Row might not be for everyone but I hope you give it another shot if time permits. It's like the weird offspring of Penny Dreadful, Les Miserables, and [insert show about fairies] if they ever had a threesome. Forgot to mention latest season of Peaky Blinders, but that may have been their weakest. Still a damn good series.

I got so much to catch on too -- latest season of Westworld, True Detective, Handmaid's Tale, Power, and Billions. Just finished S3 of Goliath, which recovered from its 2nd season (not a fan of the amputee snuff they got going). Looking forward to those you mentioned except Ray Donovan (stopped a long time ago) plus Looking for Alaska, His Dark Materials, and The Morning Show. NBA offseason is pretty much the only time I get to catch up with binge TV. TIME IS RUNNING OUT!
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,951

Post#518 » by sam_I_am » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:04 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:

Carnival Row might not be for everyone but I hope you give it another shot if time permits. It's like the weird offspring of Penny Dreadful, Les Miserables, and [insert show about fairies] if they ever had a threesome. Forgot to mention latest season of Peaky Blinders, but that may have been their weakest. Still a damn good series.

I got so much to catch on too -- latest season of Westworld, True Detective, Handmaid's Tale, Power, and Billions. Just finished S3 of Goliath, which recovered from its 2nd season (not a fan of the amputee snuff they got going). Looking forward to those you mentioned except Ray Donovan (stopped a long time ago) plus Looking for Alaska, His Dark Materials, and The Morning Show. NBA offseason is pretty much the only time I get to catch up with binge TV. TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

Handmaid’s Tale is incredibly well done....but it is soul sucking and will bring no Joy to your life.
Pacino62
Analyst

Post#519 » by Pacino62 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:11 am

Gaaaht damn the Succession season finale!!

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#520 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:53 am

Got my Star Wars tickets last night. Managed to get to the IMAX 3D showing. I was going to go anyways, but was feeling "meh" about it, but after watching the trailer, I'm kind of excited now.

Return to Boston Celtics