ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Re: Thunder Offseason Thread Part Deux: Rebuild 

Post#881 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Just make him a coach already.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#882 » by spearsy23 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:49 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just make him a coach already.

Do they really think this is fooling anyone?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#883 » by Old Man Game » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:26 am

They're just easing Andre back into playing like I'm easing back into dating Rachal McAdams.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#884 » by Old Man Game » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:03 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:
Read on Twitter

HOW DARE THEY NOT WORSHIP ME

Just retire already, you insufferable clown.

The dude is an emotional basket case. He just can't quit talking about the Thunder.

He can't let it go because to do so would require him to admit something about himself, about his own character that he just can't face. He still wants to be the NBA's 'good guy' instead of this heel character he's become.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Post#885 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:46 pm

The real question that needs to be ask is that if you are such a loser that blowing a 3-1 lead isn't in your top 5 loses which losses are worse? How can you think you are an all-time great if you can blow a 3-1 lead and it not even register on your list of devastating losses?
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#886 » by Pillendreher » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:26 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:The real question that needs to be ask is that if you are such a loser that blowing a 3-1 lead isn't in your top 5 loses which losses are worse? How can you think you are an all-time great if you can blow a 3-1 lead and it not even register on your list of devastating losses?

Yeah he really didn't think that one through. But then of course it was all about diminishing his time as a Thunder. That's the goal of this whole charade.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#887 » by Pillendreher » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:26 pm

Old Man Game wrote:They're just easing Andre back into playing like I'm easing back into dating Rachal McAdams.

Read on Twitter

It's been 20 months and he's still doing non-contact.

Just let him retire already.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#888 » by kdthunderup » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:10 pm

Patella related injuries are a nightmare to deal with, they can flare up quite easily so it's understandable they are bringing him back slowly. Doesn't bode well for him being able to play at a high level again.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#889 » by Pillendreher » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:52 pm

kdthunderup wrote:Patella related injuries are a nightmare to deal with, they can flare up quite easily so it's understandable they are bringing him back slowly. Doesn't bode well for him being able to play at a high level again.

This isn't 2018 though. The guy was supposed to be ready a year ago and now it's still non-contact stuff?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#890 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:13 am

My god I hate watching schroder play. This idiot is a one man tank commander.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,072

Post#891 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:25 am

ThunderBolt wrote:My god I hate watching schroder play. This idiot is a one man tank commander.

If that's the price to pay to get the first pick in the draft, I would take it.

Think trading for Schroeder is the worst move Presti ever made :banghead:
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#892 » by Old Man Game » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 am

Even though we were without Adams and Paul I think tonight's game may have been representative of what we'll see in one sense, young players taking a lot of shots. I think that draft position is going to be just fine.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#893 » by jake_swivel » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:31 am

Perhaps the best way to raise CP's value is to put him on "load reduction" and then mass-email a side by side comparison of team performance with and without him.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#894 » by Old Man Game » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:44 am

jake_swivel wrote:Perhaps the best way to raise CP's value is to put him on "load reduction" and then mass-email a side by side comparison of team performance with and without him.

Those dude just looked aimless out there without him. SGA had some nice finishes but he looked every bit the part of a talented young player ready to put up a ton of shots on a team in the hunt for a top 5 pick. Sort of like a less talented Devin Booker.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#895 » by Pillendreher » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:52 am

Old Man Game wrote:Those dude just looked aimless out there without him.

So Westbrook is gone and nothing changed? Imagine my shock.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#896 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:05 am

Shai is pretty crafty around the basket. No assists and five turnovers. He’s definitely got a ways to go as far as creating. Diallo is still a foul machine. Ferguson was active and moving a lot but it didn’t translate to anything in the box score. Ferg is one of the slowest developers I’ve seen. He seems to work hard but nothing comes easy despite his gifts.

I realize we want to lose, but schroder is absolute garbage. He starts out the game with some side arm lob to Noel that isn’t close to anything. I would almost rather move him than CP3. CP3 can at least teach the young guys the things that dononvan can’t. If there is one player I foresee Paul calling out it’s Schroder. And when it happens, I’m ok with it.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#897 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:09 am

Read on Twitter

I really hope Katz comes back.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#898 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:19 am

Is the best way to develop Shai and others is to give them the green light do whatever they want? I question that philosophy. Seeing him shoot at will and take step back threes has potential to speed up his development but also to ingrain bad habits. Hopefully if only one year of Donovan remains there can't be too much damage done in one season.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#899 » by Old Man Game » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:20 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Is the best way to develop Shai and others is to give them the green light do whatever they want? I question that philosophy. Seeing him shoot at will and take step back threes has potential to speed up his development but also to ingrain bad habits. Hopefully if only one year of Donovan remains there can't be too much damage done in one season.

He looked like the sort of guy who management has told he's the guy and now he's trying to live up to that.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#900 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Is the best way to develop Shai and others is to give them the green light do whatever they want? I question that philosophy. Seeing him shoot at will and take step back threes has potential to speed up his development but also to ingrain bad habits. Hopefully if only one year of Donovan remains there can't be too much damage done in one season.

He looked like the sort of guy who management has told he's the guy and now he's trying to live up to that.

That's kind of how this franchise operates. Everyone from Russ to Jerami Grant had the freedom to do what they wanted. Shai is likely a high enough IQ player that it won't make a huge difference in the long run.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder