Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Re: Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread 

Post#1001 » by DeRoma » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:13 pm

Prokorov wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Starters: Kyrie-LeVert-Harris-Prince-Allen/Jordan (depending on matchup)
6) Dinwiddie
7) Allen/Jordan
8) Kurucs
9) Temple
10) Musa

Musa won't play he is still not ready. Nwaba will be the 10th guy

musa will likely spend time with long island again. Pinson is the guy cracking into the 10 or 11 man rotation, not musa.

starters: Kyrie - harris - levert - prince - allen
bench: Dinwiddie - Pinson - Nwamba - Temple - Jordan
next man up: Claxton

I thought Pinson improved a lot and I can definitely see him getting in there. He is defintely higher than Musa.
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

Post#1002 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:19 pm

DeRoma wrote:it's cuz he lacks the speed of the NBA. He doesn't have a clue on what to do once he sets foot close to the paint. He tends to decide on weak finishes that's lacks high percentage opportunities as well as high impact. For example for some reason once he gets into the paint he tends to do a tear drop which is not a good move for a 6'9 wing player where he should have the ability to get closer to the rim so he can get a higher percentage shot and/or get a chance for contact for a foul. Until he solves this issue he won't ever play regularly.

if by " lacks the speed of the NBA", you mean hes not athletic, i agree, but that doesnt mean he cant play in the nba

as far as teardrop or floater if you will, thats his signature move and i see no problem with him taking that shot

you are entitled to your opinon, but youre wrong and youll be proven wrong...
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1003 » by Claud » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:36 pm

Pinson is turrible. His main job is cheerleading and keeping the mood light in the lockeroom.

Musa has real talent, very different story.

Musa will be facing tough competition for playing time and will be tough to get minutes over Nwaba/Dinwiddie/Temple this season.

Injuries do occur and at some point in the season he will get his shot though. Must stay ready and continue to play hard.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,845

Post#1004 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:45 pm

Pinson is nowhere near as good as Musa is.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1005 » by Prokorov » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:08 am

Claud wrote:Pinson is turrible. His main job is cheerleading and keeping the mood light in the lockeroom.

Musa will be facing tough competition for playing time and will be tough to get minutes over Nwaba/Dinwiddie/Temple this season.

Injuries do occur and at some point in the season he will get his shot though. Must stay ready and continue to play hard.

i think pinson is more talented and skilled then musa and fits the team a bit better. i think musa needs to show he can be a point forward. i dont think he works as well off the ball.
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#1006 » by DeRoma » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:01 am

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:
DeRoma wrote:it's cuz he lacks the speed of the NBA. He doesn't have a clue on what to do once he sets foot close to the paint. He tends to decide on weak finishes that's lacks high percentage opportunities as well as high impact. For example for some reason once he gets into the paint he tends to do a tear drop which is not a good move for a 6'9 wing player where he should have the ability to get closer to the rim so he can get a higher percentage shot and/or get a chance for contact for a foul. Until he solves this issue he won't ever play regularly.

if by " lacks the speed of the NBA", you mean hes not athletic, i agree, but that doesnt mean he cant play in the nba

as far as teardrop or floater if you will, thats his signature move and i see no problem with him taking that shot

you are entitled to your opinon, but youre wrong and youll be proven wrong...

I don't mean athleticism. He is athletic enough to be in the NBA. What I meant about the lack of speed he lacks NBA speed in terms of decision making or being cognizant where he has make quick decisions.

As far as tear drops or floater, if he is not making that shot in a high percentage rate then it's not a signature move. It's incredibly ineffective.

I hope i'm proven wrong but I haven't seen anything good with him whatsoever. I did see improvement from the preseason game. However, it's hard to judge when he is playing with some random Brazilian team.
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#1007 » by DeRoma » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:08 am

Claud wrote:Pinson is turrible. His main job is cheerleading and keeping the mood light in the lockeroom.

MrDollarBills wrote:Pinson is nowhere near as good as Musa is.

If Musa ever has the ability to this type of move then you may have an arguement but he has not shown any glimpse of this type of skill level whatsoever. Even what his scouting report says on how much of a good offensive player he is, I haven't seen it once in the NBA.

Watch at 3:11

Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran

Post#1008 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:19 am

DeRoma wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't mean athleticism. He is athletic enough to be in the NBA. What I meant about the lack of speed he lacks NBA speed in terms of decision making or being cognizant where he has make quick decisions.

As far as tear drops or floater, if he is not making that shot in a high percentage rate then it's not a signature move. It's incredibly ineffective.

I hope i'm proven wrong but I haven't seen anything good with him whatsoever. I did see improvement from the preseason game. However, it's hard to judge when he is playing with some random Brazilian team.

look at this video (starts at 1:19), lots of floaters here... im telling you, its his signature move

DeRoma wrote:
Spoiler:
If Musa ever has the ability to this type of move then you may have an arguement but he has not shown any glimpse of this type of skill level whatsoever. Even what his scouting report says on how much of a good offensive player he is, I haven't seen it once in the NBA.

Watch at 3:11

sadly, the link doesnt work... could it be that pass to dzanan musa
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#1009 » by SpeedyG » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Every time I've watched Pinson in Gleague SL and Preseason, he's looked like he did tonight. He's simply not good.

Meanwhile, Musa again showing why he's a 1st rounder. Kenny will continue to push him defensively and in rebounding, and as he get minutes, the confidence offensively will ramp up.

Sure he doesn't have elite feet...but c'mon yall..he's 6'9! I don't know who y'all expect...KD? lol.

He's no less athletic than guys like Dunleavy, Miller, Turkoglu...and those guys had long successful careers.

He's long, incredibly skilled with the ability to go left or right, can shoot, has good vision and willingness to pass, and he's being developed to improve defense and rebounding.

Dzanan gonna surprise a lot of non-Nets fans (and apparently judging by this boards reactions...Nets fans too) this season.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
armin-x
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#1010 » by armin-x » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:21 pm

Prokorov wrote:

i think pinson is more talented and skilled then musa and fits the team a bit better. /quote]
lol
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1011 » by Paradise » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:17 pm

Um, so Musa is probably going to make the rotation if he keeps this up.

16 points and two way basketball.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1012 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Paradise wrote:Um, so Musa is probably going to make the rotation if he keeps this up.

preseason = irrelevant. i think he plays no more then last year. he needs another year in gleague. he is one of those "2 years away from being 2 years away" types
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1013 » by Paradise » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:13 am

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:Um, so Musa is probably going to make the rotation if he keeps this up.

preseason = irrelevant. i think he plays no more then last year. he needs another year in gleague. he is one of those "2 years away from being 2 years away" types

Prok. Stop it.

Don’t tell me the preseason is irrelevant when guys are boasting on the Lakers about dominating the league because of preseason wins. Therefore, Musa’s production against a team that is a week away from the regular season is irrelevant, so will anything he does during the season under that logic. We might as well see if he’s good for the playoffs then.

That’s a little ridiculous. It was only two games but he legitimately is physically stronger and looks to have gained a lot of American experience since coming over in the draft.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1014 » by Prokorov » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Paradise wrote:Prok. Stop it.

Don’t tell me the preseason is irrelevant when guys are boasting on the Lakers about dominating the league because of preseason wins. Therefore, Musa’s production against a team that is a week away from the regular season is irrelevant, so will anything he does during the season under that logic. We might as well see if he’s good for the playoffs then.

wait, idiots hyping the lakers because of preseason now means that preseason matters?

youre better then that

That’s a little ridiculous. It was only two games but he legitimately is physically stronger and looks to have gained a lot of American experience since coming over in the draft.

he looks the same as last year. he has a long way to go to be an nba rotation player
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#1015 » by SpeedyG » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Prok. Stop it.

Prok is losing his Caris target so he's moving on to Musa

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1016 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:27 pm

ESPN has us rated the #11th best team to watch on league pass this season

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27818274/2019-20-nba-league-pass-rankings

11. BROOKLYN NETS (34)

A league-high 9.5 in the minutia category propels Brooklyn one or two spots too high. (We once adjusted by reducing their score under the Ian Eagle Corollary, but that didn't feel appropriate here. These guys are entertaining. We docked that half-point to protest the YES Network ditching "Who Am I?")

The gray court is a risk worth taking, and the accompanying jerseys -- with graffiti-style wordmark -- look great. Their home whites are underrated. The white shines against black lettering.

The Nets play fast and shoot 3s, and the combination of DeAndre Jordan and Jarrett Allen should boost their dunk totals. Allen is fearless on defense. He has gone chin-to-chin with Giannis Antetokounmpo above the rim so many times -- some wins, some losses -- that they have a little rivalry brewing.

All three lead ball handlers offer something different. Irving brings shoulder-shaking flash, and ambidextrous spinny finishes at the rim. Caris LeVert's herky-jerky rhythm wrong-foots defenders. (In a nice twist, LeVert told me last season he tried to improve his finishing by watching YouTube videos of Irving demonstrating how to use spin off the backboard.) Spencer Dinwiddie likes to pull the ball way out against switches, put his head down, and zoom in straight lines.

When David Nwaba played in Chicago, Stacey King, the Bulls' analyst, nicknamed him "Demolition Man." Perfect. Nwaba plays every second at full tilt. He sprints and dives and leaps from somewhere off your TV screen to try and block shots. You worry Nwaba is a risk to himself and others, but you can't look away.

Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran

Post#1017 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#1018 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:14 am

Newest minute projections...

Irving (32) / Dinwiddie (16)
LeVert (30) / Dinwiddie (10) / Nwaba (8)
Harris (26) / Temple (16) / Nwaba (6)
Prince (26) / Kurucs (22)
Allen (24) / Jordan (24)

Irving 22/7
LeVert 18/5/5
Dinwiddie 15/5

Irving, Harris and Prince could all be 40% 3 point shooters, while Temple, Dinwiddie, LeVert and Kurucs can make 3s as well. Even Nwaba has shown some prowess.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1019 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Newest minute projections...

Irving (32) / Dinwiddie (16)
LeVert (30) / Dinwiddie (10) / Nwaba (8)
Harris (26) / Temple (16) / Nwaba (6)
Prince (26) / Kurucs (22)
Allen (24) / Jordan (24)

Irving 22/7
LeVert 18/5/5
Dinwiddie 15/5

Irving, Harris and Prince could all be 40% 3 point shooters, while Temple, Dinwiddie, LeVert and Kurucs can make 3s as well. Even Nwaba has shown some prowess.

Yep barring injury this should be the rotation all year long, with Musa and Pinson waiting in the wings to cover in the backcourt in case of injury.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1020 » by Prokorov » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:45 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Prok. Stop it.

Prok is losing his Caris target so he's moving on to Musa

i was leverts #1 fan when everyone wanted him cut when he sucked to start the year before last. defended the move when everyone said marks was an idiot for trading thad young. my stanceon lever never changed. im a huge fan of his. i just dont think he has the star impact eveyrone else does (mostly because its a statistical fact that he doesnt).

im in the middle. most want to cut him or immedietly put him in springfield.

same with musa. never changed on hm. he has the frame and skillset, but he is a long ways away

Pinson is alot closer to being ready to playy real games for the ents. which is why he will be on the team in the shabaz napier role

Return to Brooklyn Nets