ImageImageImage

2019 season speculation including trade ideas

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Will Booker make the all-star team this year?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 77

ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Re: 2019 season speculation: Just a couple more weeks til season opener OMG!! 

Post#521 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Phnxsports wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

It is ridiculous that professional athletes eat that **** during a game. Come on, it is OK to eat some garbage here or there in your free time but on the bench in a game?

I know that is like a "tradition" in the NBA, I have seen candy on the benches a lot in the past, but they need to change it. If they want some fast glucose they can eat a banana or another fruit.

Hopefully Ayton usually does not eat that ****.
I am pretty sure that Booker already takes care of his diet, not sure about Ayton.

I don't see whats wrong with this. If you don't want to eat candy then don't, but why force your opinions on others? Is this what the world has come to? We are now candy shaming elite athletes that run more in a week then most of us in a year? Maybe we should Gatorade shame them to. That sh*ts got more sugar in it then the candy does.

You don't compare elite athletes to regular folk. You compare elite athletes to other elite athletes.

I guess I'd have been fine watching prime Shaq or someone crazy like MWP or Rodman eating candy on the bench. But I can't imagine Michael Jordan sucking on some sour patch kids on the sidelines. Makes Ayton look like a chump to me.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,801

Post#522 » by Saberestar » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Phnxsports wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

It is ridiculous that professional athletes eat that **** during a game. Come on, it is OK to eat some garbage here or there in your free time but on the bench in a game?

I know that is like a "tradition" in the NBA, I have seen candy on the benches a lot in the past, but they need to change it. If they want some fast glucose they can eat a banana or another fruit.

I am pretty sure that Booker already takes care of his diet, not sure about Ayton.

I don't see whats wrong with this. If you don't want to eat candy then don't, but why force your opinions on others? Is this what the world has come to? We are now candy shaming elite athletes that run more in a week then most of us in a year? Maybe we should Gatorade shame them to. That sh*ts got more sugar in it then the candy does.

Obviously I do not want to force anyone to anything.

What I think is that they need to change bad habits, and eating candy during a game is a bad habit. I know that sugar is like a drug, but they can reduce his use.

Professional athletes would improve his overall performance with an specifical diet during his career, eating correctly is something really important in the long run.

Nash and Hill always talked about eating correctly as a big deal. Do you think that they were wrong about it?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,382

Post#523 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I agree it's kind of ridiculous but it somewhat depends on the candy. If it was pure sugar or dextrose like spree or smarties they would basically be the same thing as gatorade and replenish electrolytes.

Otherwise a lot of hard core activity could make them pass out.

But if it's like a reeses peanut butter cup or chocolate, caramel, etc...probably not a good idea.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#524 » by Desertfox » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:31 pm

The problem with Bender is not about him specifically but how the team dealt with him since the beginning.

The team took a clearly developmental player but then made zero effort to properly develop him, and just when the team was set up to bring him along and when he had the specific skill set the team requires at that position, they drop him despite having no true long term replacement at that position. Remember Dragic? The Suns have a history of drafting developmental players and then completely screwing up their development. Some players (Booker) can survive in a sink or swim environment, but not all can and thats on the team to help them succeed. Was McD a bad GM? Most certainly, but all of his drafts where well rated by most, that should be a warning sign that the issues with this team where deeper than just the GM. Draft picks do bust, but if most of them keep busting, you might want to take a good hard look at your development process.
phnart
Junior
And1: 451

Post#525 » by phnart » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:32 pm

eff Bender in the B. He's an enemy now and no longer my concern, just like T(no pass)J, Josh "Puff, Puff, Run Away" Jackson, and McDonut, and every other ex-Suns player, coach, or front office clown.

And, yes, that was a Scott Pilgrim reference.
The moon is a ufo.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#526 » by Bernman » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Desertfox wrote:The Suns have a history of drafting developmental players and then completely screwing up their development

Then they ironically seem to want to return later in their careers after they've come good elsewhere. See Dragic and Nash. I guess the winter weather in Phoenix forgives a lot.

You should root for Bender to become an all-star and win a couple championships w/ the Bucks. Then he'll re-sign with the Suns when he's a 27 year old proven vet.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#527 » by Bernman » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:58 pm

phnart wrote:eff Bender in the B.

His name is BendER not BendEE.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Villalobos
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,266

Post#528 » by Villalobos » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:09 pm

I've always believed in Bender and will root for him on the Bucks (might watch em as a second team). The BBIQ and physical tools were always there, he just needed confidence. I was insanely pissed that they let his option go and then again when they didn't re-sign him for one of the least likable and **** PF defenders in the league.

No reason Suns fans should hate him. It's not his fault he was drafted so high and he was never an **** like Josh Jackson or anything.
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#529 » by Wilber85 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:38 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Phnxsports wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

You don't compare elite athletes to regular folk. You compare elite athletes to other elite athletes.

I guess I'd have been fine watching prime Shaq or someone crazy like MWP or Rodman eating candy on the bench. But I can't imagine Michael Jordan sucking on some sour patch kids on the sidelines. Makes Ayton look like a chump to me.

You dont know anything about competitive sports, etc.

Guess what my division 1 top 25 school gave us at halftime. SNICKERS. Are you really crying about candy? Keep watching from the couch
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#530 » by Wilber85 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:39 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I agree it's kind of ridiculous but it somewhat depends on the candy. If it was pure sugar or dextrose like spree or smarties they would basically be the same thing as gatorade and replenish electrolytes.

Otherwise a lot of hard core activity could make them pass out.

But if it's like a reeses peanut butter cup or chocolate, caramel, etc...probably not a good idea.

We got Snickers at halftime in Division 1 college football. A lot of my other colleagues, and professional NFL players still eat snickers at halftime.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#531 » by Fo-Real » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:50 pm

Bernman wrote:
phnart wrote:eff Bender in the B.

His name is BendER not BendEE.

You dont know what he does in his spare time!!! :o :lol:
Years90Suns
Senior
And1: 280

Post#532 » by Years90Suns » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:58 pm

I need somebody to tell me that the roster/team we have now is better that this one:

Bridges
Booker
Doncic
athletic PF with RR's money
Baynes
--------------------------------
Johnson
Jerome
Oubre
Saric
Kaminsky

Hey, we could even have one more asset, as the Hawks got the pick for this year's Reddish for letting Doncic go to the Mavs at #2 and them they selected Trae...
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#533 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:16 pm

Phnxsports wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah I don't really care. I think if a player has weight issues and I see him gobling down candies when they're on the bench then yeah I probably would be less than enthused. But these are elite athletes and they'll more than burn off whatever calories they're getting from these candies during the game and in training.

Given their workload, it might even help them with the energy levels during the game. Likewise the the Gatorade, the sugar, hydration and electrolytes would certainly help keep them at high playing levels.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#534 » by Wilber85 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:45 pm

Years90Suns wrote:I need somebody to tell me that the roster/team we have now is better that this one:

Bridges
Booker
Doncic
Baynes
Johnson
Jerome
Oubre
Saric
Kaminsky

Hey, we could even have one more asset, as the Hawks got the pick for this year's Reddish for letting Doncic go to the Mavs at #2 and them they selected Trae...

Dude . Guess you dont know how life works.

If we got Doncic (Who says he would develop like he did) also, how would we still get Baynes, Jerome, Saric, Kaminsky? Would that be the suns targets still?

Also I think Ayton is just fine. With Rubio he will be a force . I call Ayton 23/11 this year. And extending to the 3 while improving defense.

Also, I am calling Suns having a better record than Dallas.

Doncic and Booker, I dont think would have got along
Stark
Junior
And1: 671

Post#535 » by Stark » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:51 pm

Years90Suns wrote:I need somebody to tell me that the roster/team we have now is better that this one:

Bridges
Booker
Doncic
Baynes
Johnson
Jerome
Oubre
Saric
Kaminsky

Wilber85
Veteran

Post#536 » by Wilber85 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:45 am

Side note

Ayton > Trae Young any day. I dont want a Pg who needs 20 shots to get 20 pts and no defense
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#537 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:57 am

Wilber85 wrote:Side note

Ayton > Trae Young any day. I dont want a Pg who needs 20 shots to get 20 pts and no defense

That's fair. Trae needs to be in a suitable situation for him to be successful. Perimeter defense isn't as important as paint protection but when the Hawks have no rim protector behind him, it just makes the problem worse. Len's OK but he's not a 25mpg+ player
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Phnxsports
Senior
And1: 476

Post#538 » by Phnxsports » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:16 am

Saberestar wrote:
Phnxsports wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Obviously I do not want to force anyone to anything.

What I think is that they need to change bad habits, and eating candy during a game is a bad habit. I know that sugar is like a drug, but they can reduce his use.

Professional athletes would improve his overall performance with an specifical diet during his career, eating correctly is something really important in the long run.

Nash and Hill always talked about eating correctly as a big deal. Do you think that they were wrong about it?

I just don't think it's up to people like us to tell others what to do or to form hard opinions of right and wrong like you did. If Ayton ends up looking like Oliver Miller this season then I might give you a pass. Until then I think the way you were so absolute about how players who might eat candy during a game are so absolutley wrong is ridiculous. You can say you disagree or are concerned but to flat out comment so aggressively how they are all wrong because Saber says so is ridiculous in my opinion.
Phnxsports
Senior
And1: 476

Post#539 » by Phnxsports » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:46 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Phnxsports wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

You mean the beer guzzling cigar smoking dude playing golf all the time?
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#540 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:35 am

Phnxsports wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Phnxsports wrote:

You mean the beer guzzling cigar smoking dude playing golf all the time?

Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft

Return to Phoenix Suns