Offseason Team News/Updates

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Re: Offseason Team News/Updates 

Post#241 » by Calinks » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Things really are looking great from a chemistry stand point. I was really let down by our togetherness the last couple of seasons, this right here is pretty much everything I asked for. If we had Russell and people saw this they would probably be talking playoffs for us,
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Post#242 » by Klomp » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:58 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#243 » by Jedzz » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:33 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

oh shux. I knew it when they said they would call me later that they would pass me by for the ball return manager role.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,703

Post#244 » by minimus » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:10 pm

https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/timberwolves-sign-tyus-battle-and-barry-brown-jr

Minnesota Timberwolves President of Basketball Operations Gersson Rosas announced the team has signed guards Tyus Battle and Barry Brown Jr. In a related transaction, Rosas also today announced the team has waived forward Jordan Murphy and guard Lindell Wigginton. With the moves the Wolves’ roster stands at 20 players.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#245 » by Calinks » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:14 am

Good luck to Murphy
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Post#246 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:09 pm

minimus wrote:https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/timberwolves-sign-tyus-battle-and-barry-brown-jr

Minnesota Timberwolves President of Basketball Operations Gersson Rosas announced the team has signed guards Tyus Battle and Barry Brown Jr. In a related transaction, Rosas also today announced the team has waived forward Jordan Murphy and guard Lindell Wigginton. With the moves the Wolves’ roster stands at 20 players.

Calinks wrote:Good luck to Murphy

Don't worry, we'll still be able to see him plenty in our system. He and Wigginton were both on Exhibit 10 deals (and now Battle and Brown too). This article below is a couple years old, but the basic premise still holds.

There are 50 players who have signed a contract with the Exhibit 10, a new type of deal in the most recent collective bargaining agreement (CBA).

A player who is signed to a contract with an Exhibit 10 will receive a bonus up to $50,000 if he signs a contract with the team's G League affiliate upon being waived from the parent club.

However, there is a catch. A player waived by Oct. 17 must report to his G League affiliate by Oct. 20 and remain there for at least 60 days to receive the bonus (in addition to the G League salary). Unlike last season, when a team would incur a salary-cap hit for players with partially guaranteed money who were eventually waived at the end of training camp, an NBA team will not have a cap charge for the bonus money awarded.

A player signed with an Exhibit 10 can also be converted to a two-way contract by the first day of the regular season. The bonus would then be rescinded and the two-way contract would apply.

https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/9/28/16378350/confused-by-two-day-deals-and-whats-an-exhibit-10

That basically means it's 99.99% likely that we'll see those guys all in Iowa on the Wolves.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves