Image ImageImage Image

Bleacher Report “ top 15 SGs” no Lavine

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,680

Re: Bleacher Report “ top 15 SGs” no Lavine 

Post#21 » by madvillian » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:54 pm

Good, let the bulletin board material fill up for Zach.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,620

Post#22 » by dougthonus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:13 pm

15: Marcus Smart
14: Jaylen Brown
13: Josh Richardson
12: Caris LaVert
11: Gary Harris
10: Buddy Hield
9: D'Angelo Russell
8: Victor Oladipo
7: C.J. McCollum
6: Donovan Mitchell
5: Devin Booker
4: Jrue Holiday
3: Bradley Beal
2: Paul George
1: James Harden

George isn't a SG. He played 0% of his minutes there last season. Holiday and Russell are both PGs first as well, but I guess you can at least count them as combo guards and Russell will certainly be lining up as a SG this season due to the trade.

I'd say Zach is somewhere in the 3-10 range. Right now, I'd probably place him 7th because I'd remove George/Holiday as non SGs on this list. I think he's better than the other guys listed 9 and below which gets me to 7th. That said, Booker, Mitchell, McCollum, and Oladipo are all guys that are in a similar tier. I'd expect Zach to have a better year than Oladipo for sure given the injury.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#23 » by ZOMG » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Well well well. I guess the only thing Zach can do now is start playing with a HUGE chip on his shoulder, upgrading his own All Star selection to the #1 goal this season and REALLY trying to "take over" to the tune of 25 shots per game.

Or....

What if I told you that he probably should take this in stride, not letting it affect him in any way - just staying on the good trajectory leading towards being a smart two-way player who doesn't pound the air out of the ball.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#24 » by dougthonus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:22 pm

ZOMG wrote:Well well well. I guess the only thing Zach can do now is start playing with a HUGE chip on his shoulder, upgrading his own All Star selection to the #1 goal this season and REALLY trying to "take over" to the tune of 25 shots per game.

Or....

What if I told you that he probably should take this in stride, not letting it affect him in any way - just staying on the good trajectory leading towards being a smart two-way player who doesn't pound the air out of the ball.

From a practical sense, I doubt Zach will even see what a random bleacher report article lists.
@doug_thonus on twitter
ZOMG
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by ZOMG » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:27 pm

dougthonus wrote:
ZOMG wrote:Well well well. I guess the only thing Zach can do now is start playing with a HUGE chip on his shoulder, upgrading his own All Star selection to the #1 goal this season and REALLY trying to "take over" to the tune of 25 shots per game.

Or....

From a practical sense, I doubt Zach will even see what a random bleacher report article lists.

Dunno about that. He was just in the media complaining that people talk s**t about his defense.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#26 » by transplant » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:46 pm

By all accounts, LaVine does have a chip on his shoulder, but it’s a great chip because he understands that defense and making his teammates better need to be his focus. Everyone knows he can score.

LaVine seems to be in a very good place right now mentally/emotionally.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Post#27 » by cool007 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:46 pm

The problem is that Lavine has ZERO hype and we are almost never on National TV last couple of years. When you combine those 2, you know why he is left out on so many people's list.

I simply hate it because it totally deserves to be in the top list but he gets screwed. He is sooooooooo freaking underrated that it's not even funny anymore.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#28 » by dougthonus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:24 pm

ZOMG wrote:Dunno about that. He was just in the media complaining that people talk s**t about his defense.

His defense has been a widely discussed topic for multiple seasons by many outlets during games by announcers as well as in print afterwards, I wouldn't equate those things.
@doug_thonus on twitter
ZOMG
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by ZOMG » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:28 pm

dougthonus wrote:
ZOMG wrote:Dunno about that. He was just in the media complaining that people talk s**t about his defense.

His defense has been a widely discussed topic for multiple seasons by many outlets during games by announcers as well as in print afterwards, I wouldn't equate those things.

Yeah, and for good reason. Zach has been so bad on that side of the ball that he should really own up to it instead of complaining he's been treated unfairly.

Hey, if he's able to keep up this slight improvement in D, I'll be the first to celebrate. But if he's not, those voices dissing his defense will only get louder and no amount of protesting by him will change that.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#30 » by dougthonus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:51 pm

ZOMG wrote:Yeah, and for good reason. Zach has been so bad on that side of the ball that he should really own up to it instead of complaining he's been treated unfairly.

If you read the full quote rather than the teaser headline, it certainly looks like he realizes he needs to change that perception through on-court play and isn't simply complaining.

Hey, if he's able to keep up this slight improvement in D, I'll be the first to celebrate. But if he's not, those voices dissing his defense will only get louder and no amount of protesting by him will change that.

I'd also note that Zach has improved each year in the league on defense by RPM, so it does seem like something he's either working on purposefully or is improving on over time through experience.
@doug_thonus on twitter
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#31 » by logical_art » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:32 pm

I'm not sure how Zach will go on after this diss from such a storied and respected publication as Bleacher Report.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#32 » by Ccwatercraft » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:33 pm

It's good to see Zach have some strong Defenders here. I glanced that 15 to 11 list and was a bit flabbergasted myself.

at worst id put him around 10-11 I think that's fair.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#33 » by CjayC » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:39 pm

That's a serious amount of disrespect right there. Marcus Smart better than Zach? :lol:
vvgotgame19
Starter
And1: 757

Post#34 » by vvgotgame19 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:47 pm

I'm thinking they forgot about him??? That's the only way this makes sense.
High level
Analyst
And1: 595

Post#35 » by High level » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:It's good to see Zach have some strong Defenders here. I glanced that 15 to 11 list and was a bit flabbergasted myself.

at worst id put him around 10-11 I think that's fair.

I agree. Zach is not a lock down defender but he still better than Gary Harris, Josh Richardson, Marcus Smart, and Jaylen Brown.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,494

Post#36 » by dice » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:28 pm

CjayC wrote:That's a serious amount of disrespect right there. Marcus Smart better than Zach? :lol:

popovich had marcus smart on the olympic team. zach didn't get an invite. you're showing some serious disrespect yourself
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,429

Post#37 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:41 pm

dice wrote:
CjayC wrote:That's a serious amount of disrespect right there. Marcus Smart better than Zach? :lol:

popovich had marcus smart on the olympic team. zach didn't get an invite. you're showing some serious disrespect yourself

Read on Twitter
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#38 » by donaldtrump_00 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:50 pm

Lauri_Bird wrote:That is a joke... :lol:

Lavine is clearly better than Smart, Brown, Richardson and LeVert etc...

OT> I dont get all the hype with Donovan Mitchell...I much rather have Zach than him

I know where venting but Mitchell is probably the best sg in the league within 3 years. He really good. Especially in the playoffs. Booker might be in the same boat as lavine. Hes on a terrible team who cant win so we dont know how he would respond on a playoff team. But josh richardson isnt nowhere near zach. And i like josh. I think hes going to be a allstar one day. Jalen brown and marcus smart. I just laughed. Both are struggling and only like them on defense. Brown has potential but i watch him and see alot of ball hog in him and hes not a high IQ player. And wheres klay thompson at. And when did deangelo become a sg. Its funny how levert is up there off of one season. Guess you have to make the playoffs or be great for more years to get attention. I personally think zach can eat each one of them alive. Only Mitchell im really high on as a even match down the road. Even beal cant handle zach. Im that high on lavine going forward.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#39 » by SHO'NUFF » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:03 am

I hope this gives LaVine a little more attitude on the court. He's too nice of a guy & one of the more liked players in the league.

He needs to feel every bit of the disrespect he's been getting lately. LaVine needs enemies on the court....i hope this all pissing him off.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#40 » by drosereturn » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:09 am

Well if you talk garbage back to media and expect something good, gl.
That being said he just needs to show improvement. For few seasons his defense was so bad he was giving up more point than getting for his team.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!

Return to Chicago Bulls