ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,808

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#761 » by giberish » Sat Oct 5, 2019 2:17 am

Commodor wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7238024

Different idea on a DLO trade:

Dlo & Poole

For

Jaylen Brown & Gordon Hayward.

Hayward would need to be moved next year as an expiring to keep brown. But gives us a more balanced roster IMO. Hayward moves to 6th man when Klay returns.

Doesn't come close to fitting under the hard cap. Adds nearly $10M to the Warriors this year
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,808

Post#762 » by giberish » Sat Oct 5, 2019 2:25 am

killmongrel wrote:How do the Warriors go about using the TEs from Memphis and Brooklyn? Can they be used to combine for the salary of a player that is traded to a team?

For this season, they effectively can't be used as GS is VERY close to the hard cap (imposed by receiving Russel in a S&T deal).

Early next summer they can be used to add players in a trade without sending matching money back out. The incoming player(s) have to fit cleanly into the TPE +$100K - you can't combine players with a TPE or bundle TPEs to match salary with a single incoming player. This really means that only the Iggy TPE matters (you don't really need min salary level TPEs as you don't have to match salaries with an incoming min salary player in a trade).

For next summer it comes down to what teams have useful players that they're looking to move for salary relief (which doesn't look to be a good market as many bad deals come off the books clearing luxury tax room while few interesting FA's are on the market), as well as how much luxury tax the Warriors are willing to pay.
BayWarrior
Bench Warmer
And1: 688

Post#763 » by BayWarrior » Wed Oct 9, 2019 8:55 pm

GS BOS MIN

GS OUT: DLo & Evans - IN: RCo & Smart
Smart is a defensive SG on a good contract who can backup both Curry and Klay. Covington fills the SF spot on a good contract. GS Saves $$ in this deal

MIN OUT: RCo, Okogie, Dieng & 2020 1st - MIN IN: Dlo, Jaylen Brown & Evans
Minny new starting lineup is formidable and they get good return for this package
DLo, Brown, Wiggins, Diop? & Towns

BOS OUT: Smart and Jaylen Brown - IN: Okogie, Dieng, Minny 2020 1st
Boston gets a 1st for for Brown, Dieng who can help with the Frontcourt Depth and Okogie to fill out the starting lineup.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#764 » by Coxy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:13 am

BayWarrior wrote:GS BOS MIN

GS OUT: DLo & Evans - IN: RCo & Smart
Smart is a defensive SG on a good contract who can backup both Curry and Klay. Covington fills the SF spot on a good contract. GS Saves $$ in this deal

MIN OUT: RCo, Okogie, Dieng & 2020 1st - MIN IN: Dlo, Jaylen Brown & Evans
Minny new starting lineup is formidable and they get good return for this package
DLo, Brown, Wiggins, Diop? & Towns

BOS OUT: Smart and Jaylen Brown - IN: Okogie, Dieng, Minny 2020 1st
Boston gets a 1st for for Brown, Dieng who can help with the Frontcourt Depth and Okogie to fill out the starting lineup.

Interesting idea, well thought out.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#765 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:28 pm

I don't like it for Boston. Even though they may want to trade Jaylen to avoid paying him, I don't see Ainge wanting to get younger.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#766 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:34 am

You guys see Covington tonight? He doesn’t do anything besides stand at the 3 point line and he couldn’t create offense in a YMCA rec league.

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#767 » by killmongrel » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:32 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:You guys see Covington tonight? He doesn’t do anything besides stand at the 3 point line and he couldn’t create offense in a YMCA rec league.

Sooooooooooo many people in the trading forum wants GS to trade for this guy so badly. Hahahahahahhahahahahahha.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#768 » by Quazza » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:46 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:You guys see Covington tonight? He doesn’t do anything besides stand at the 3 point line and he couldn’t create offense in a YMCA rec league.

And play elite defence (when fit ) so there's that
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#769 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:59 pm

We don’t have enough playmakers as is, we can’t afford to trade DLo for a limited offensive player. Our 3rd scoring option once Klay gets back would be Jordan Poole.

Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#770 » by Quazza » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:32 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:We don’t have enough playmakers as is, we can’t afford to trade DLo for a limited offensive player. Our 3rd scoring option once Klay gets back would be Jordan Poole.

yeah I don't disagree at all. I'm just a huge Lord Covington fan and thought he was getting badly undersold

(fun fact - before getting injured last season, he was second in the league in combined steals and blocks, behind Anthony Davis)
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#771 » by Coxy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:00 am

He's one of those guys that just kind of slots in and plays really good defense, which props his D stats up and gives him a really good on/off type advanced outlook. On offense though, he is so very very limited to standing there and hitting 3's, which heis OK at but not great.

I just can't stand players that can't put the ball on the floor. He's like a better shooting Tony Allen. You don't trade young elite PG's for a guy like that.
BayWarrior
Bench Warmer
And1: 688

Post#772 » by BayWarrior » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:01 am

I agree with not having enough playmakers which is why I added Smart to the deal, no he isn't the playmaker Dlo is but I haven't seen any deals where there is a DLo replacement coming back. Smart can contribute and is a excellent defender.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#773 » by Phase 3 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:28 pm

My pipe dream scenario that will never happen...

D-Lo+some combination of other players/picks not named Curry, Klay, or Draymond for a deal centered around Aaron Gordon plus Bamba.

Something like D-Lo/Looney/Evans for Gordon/Bamba/Augustin.

Curry/Klay/Gordon/Draymond/Bamba starting 5 :)
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#774 » by wco81 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:29 am

Coxy wrote:

He's one of those guys that just kind of slots in and plays really good defense, which props his D stats up and gives him a really good on/off type advanced outlook. On offense though, he is so very very limited to standing there and hitting 3's, which heis OK at but not great.

I just can't stand players that can't put the ball on the floor. He's like a better shooting Tony Allen. You don't trade young elite PG's for a guy like that.

If the Wolves look to trade him, contenders will line up for Covington, to get a high level 3 and D wing.
wco81
RealGM

Post#775 » by wco81 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:33 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I don't like it for Boston. Even though they may want to trade Jaylen to avoid paying him, I don't see Ainge wanting to get younger.

They may have no choice. Kemba and Hayward both making over $30 million. Tatum is going to get paid after 2020-21 season and Hayward has a $34.2 million player option. Celtics fans think he's going to opt out of that -- like they thought Horford would have opted out of a $30 million player option year for 3 year extension at $15 million a year.

I was wondering if there was a way to trade Dlo for Brown but Celtics can't take on a big contract and they got enough guys who need the ball.

So the only way the Celtics can get anything back for Brown, if they don't plan to extend him, may be a 3-way deal.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#776 » by Phase 3 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:59 pm

I’d be interested in Jaylen Brown but I don’t think the Warriors and Celtics make sense as trade partners.

I wouldn’t want to give up D-Lo for him and I don’t think the Celtics would be interested in a package involving other Warriors players....A combination of Poole, Looney, Evans, ect is probably not enough from the Celtics perspective.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#777 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:14 am

wco81 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

If the Wolves look to trade him, contenders will line up for Covington, to get a high level 3 and D wing.

Covington had 19 rebounds yesterday.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#778 » by cpower » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:47 am

Mylie10 wrote:
wco81 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Covington had 19 rebounds yesterday.

agreed, Covington can play defense and get rebounds...thats better than doing nothing.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#779 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:00 pm

Only way I do that trade for Convington is if they give us Culver too and they’re not going to do that. Okogie is more of a role player and doesn’t move the needle for me.

wco81
RealGM

Post#780 » by wco81 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:27 am

Pacers looking to move Sabonis before having to pay him a big extension.

Warriors don't need him and he doesn't shoot the 3 much so not a stretch 4 by any means.

But he's on a cheap rookie deal this year so they'd have to throw in several other players to make the salaries match if the Warriors sent them Dlo.

Sabonis, Justin Holiday, maybe Lamb and one or two other 2 or 3 from them?

None of them are going to be all stars but would improve the depth of the team with functional NBA players. We don't know if players like Poole or Evans will be.

Return to Golden State Warriors