ImageImageImageImageImage

Nurse harshly criticizes RHJ and Stanley Johnson

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

deep818
Assistant Coach
And1: 523

Re: Nurse harshly criticizes RHJ and Stanley Johnson 

Post#121 » by deep818 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:02 am

If this is year two of the evolution of Nick Nurse, I can see him going full Stone Cold by the end of the year. :lol:
redeye514
Analyst
And1: 4,791

Post#122 » by redeye514 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:36 am

We’re underestimating how much we’re going to miss Danny Green.

I think the board only remembers Danny going cold in the playoffs, but 2018-2019 regular season Danny G was the best 3&D guy our franchise has ever had... EVER.

Big shoes to fill to say the least for RHJ and SJ.. these nurse comments worry me. I don’t want to go back to Patterson / Carroll level 3&D role player!!!!!
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,648

Post#123 » by sbsat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:42 am

I mean those comments were harsh but those two have been brutal... BRUTAL
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,937

Post#124 » by Anticon » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:43 am

I have to say, this mess we have at SG and SF is a bit depressing. Kind of reminds me of the bad old days when we just ran through guys hoping to find a keeper.

We've had such good, stable rosters over the past few years I've forgotten what it's like having to rely on scrubs.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#125 » by bon » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:44 am

redeye514 wrote:We’re underestimating how much we’re going to miss Danny Green.

I think the board only remembers Danny going cold in the playoffs, but 2018-2019 regular season Danny G was the best 3&D guy our franchise has ever had... EVER.

Big shoes to fill to say the least for RHJ and SJ.. these nurse comments worry me. I don’t want to go back to Patterson / Carroll level 3&D role player!!!!!

Neither RHJ or SJ was going to start anyway
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#126 » by Scott Hall » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:44 am

Nick Nurse doing it for the culture!
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,783
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#127 » by Boogie! » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:46 am

mademan wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
RAblaze wrote:

lol you still dont get it.

It's the NBA dude.

Ya. I think he's gonna need a full NBA offseason with the right trainers to get by. If he can get to JJ Redick/Joe Harris not completely awful level of defense, then he's got a long career in the NBA.

He's a system player. Jj redick was surrounded by lengthy defenders in Philly. Matt Thomas value lies in his ability to hit tough catch and shoot 3s at a high rate. You can hide his **** defense if his shotmaking is lights out.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,439

Post#128 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:46 am

Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,216

Post#129 » by Dalek » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:58 am

Nurse is just setting up for a real intense last preseason game. Against Brooklyn RHJ was going to already go hard, but now with his coach calling him out he is going to play like Gerlad Wallace.

Only Stanley Johnson should be worried. I have like Oshae Brissett better than him. Nevermind Miller who shoots and does more things.

Re: RHJ he is pretty safe. There is limited guys who can gaurd 4s and 3s and he is way ahead of Boucher in my opinion. Boucher can't board and gets bodied down low. Not a fan of his jenky game.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#130 » by Yosemite Dan » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:59 am

Looks like Nurse is channeling his inner Popovich and Raps are striving to become Spurs East. No nonsense and commitment to excellence is the new team ideology since winning a title. I think this team will do better this year than most people think because its sum will be greater than its parts.
young11a
Rookie
And1: 1,587

Post#131 » by young11a » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:08 am

Sandman88 wrote:I think this message should apply to McCaw too. He hasn't exactly looked great so far in pre-season either.

Ya I'm surprised they saying hes going to be part ofthe rotation for sure I hope Boucher is this year the guy just seems to be a gamer and makes good thing happen wherever hes gotten the opportunity
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,439

Post#132 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:10 am

Dalek wrote:Nurse is just setting up for a real intense last preseason game. Against Brooklyn RHJ was going to already go hard, but now with his coach calling him out he is going to play like Gerlad Wallace.

Only Stanley Johnson should be worried. I have like Oshae Brissett better than him. Nevermind Miller who shoots and does more things.

Re: RHJ he is pretty safe. There is limited guys who can gaurd 4s and 3s and he is way ahead of Boucher in my opinion. Boucher can't board and gets bodied down low. Not a fan of his jenky game.

Dont really think gives a crap about the last pre-season game. This is big picture to set up the rotation for the year. Either you get it or you gtfo. For Nurse to call them out through the media which he has never done so far with any player, just means how crappy those guys were especially since they were supposed to be a lock for the 10 man rotation. Without those 2 guys, Nurse now has to move on to Boucher and Miller which he probably wasn't anticipating.
young11a
Rookie
And1: 1,587

Post#133 » by young11a » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:12 am

Dalek wrote:Nurse is just setting up for a real intense last preseason game. Against Brooklyn RHJ was going to already go hard, but now with his coach calling him out he is going to play like Gerlad Wallace.

RHJ sucks Boucher is way better and has a higher ceiling too
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#134 » by XxIronChainzxX » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:20 am

NUCKER101 wrote:Good on Nurse, but man this is disappointing to hear, both were front in to be solid defensive players and if they're struggling at that end then they're unplayable since neither of them can shoot that well.

Hopefully this lights a fire under at least one of them. Really interested to see how they perform from here on out, it's going to say a lot about their character

He's not exactly saying they've been bad objectively. He's saying they're not playing the coverages the way Nurse wants and they're focusing too much on getting theirs offensively. They could theoretically be OK to good on defence but it doesn't matter if they're blowing coverages and not playing our offense.
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,473

Post#135 » by PD28 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:37 am

Gotta love Nurse! Those guys haven't shown anything to cruise through training camp. At least we know OG actually gets invested in games even though he is very limited. I really hope we cut Stanley to make RHJ take things more seriously.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,216

Post#136 » by Dalek » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:50 am

young11a wrote:

RHJ sucks Boucher is way better and has a higher ceiling too

To me it is about fit and Boucher is still hard to find a position he can gaurd. He is so weak he gets thrown around. He blocks shots but if he plays with Ibaka he doesn't have that role. He can't defend threes so I am lost about fit.

RHJ is a vet who can play. I mean he has helped his team the past couple years as an intangibles guy who can defend and make plays for others on offense. Preseason is a tough spot to be evaluated if you're a vet.

Boucher is like 26 and I am not sure if he will be out it all together. I think it is more likely he gets hurt rather than help the team. His body is just too weak and he is too old. I prefer Hernandez over him to be honest.
kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#137 » by kwamebargnani » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:51 am

Good thing I had no expectations from these guys.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,783
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#138 » by Boogie! » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:15 am

Boucher is a better fit in this system than rhj. People are mad that boucher shoots a lot, but I'd rather a player that Isnt afraid to take his open 3s vs a guy like rhj who you know is just gonna dribvle into traffoic for no reason. We have enough of that problem as oit is. For a role playing 4 off the bench, bouchers flaws arent a huge deal.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,227

Post#139 » by kwajo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:47 am

Thank goodness we finally have a championship level coach who works hard and pulls no punches
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#140 » by Sherlock » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 am

booyah_child wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oof. Sounds even harsher when you hear it. Man looks stern.
Lotta ppl on this board with Asian and South Asian fathers are all wincing right now....hits a bit too close to home.

Damn
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.

Return to Toronto Raptors