ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1321 » by midranger » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:17 am

does anyone know someone who actually got Ryder Cup tickets? We had a group of 12 in line hoping that 3 would get through but none of us got anything.

it seemed like a complete farce.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1322 » by buckboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:21 pm

I knew at least 6 people I can think of who were waiting and none of them got tickets.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,023

Post#1323 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:50 pm

When I got my invite I was fairly excited thinking I'd get them for my parents. But when I mentioned it to them they said they got the invite to and were gonna skip it. Said they did not enjoy the last event at Whistling Straights, said it isn't really a spectator sport there. So those who didn't tickets I'd say you probably dodged a bullet.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#1324 » by buckboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:17 pm

No. Definitely not a bullet dodged. I'll still be there, I'll just have to figure tickets out a different way.

I don't know how old they are or if they have trouble getting around, but the whole Whistling Straits is hard to get around thing is way overblown. There are plenty of places that are extremely easy to get to, and none that are horrendously difficult (at my age anyway).

My plan will be to go to the 5th green ASAP, see everyone go through there and then try to get a view on 16 or 17 after they're gone.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
midranger
RealGM

Post#1325 » by midranger » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:03 pm

My plan is to launch relentless verbal assaults at Sergio for 18 holes or until he concedes.
JoeyMorgan619
Rookie
And1: 1,767

Post#1326 » by JoeyMorgan619 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:41 pm

BUCKnation wrote:
jschligs wrote:
MrHoneycutt wrote:
Check out the view at Kerry Park in Queen Anne, maybe Volunteer Park in Capitol Hill. The arboretum up in Madison Park is amazing to take a stroll through, and all free save for the Japanese gardens. Ballard Locks tend to draw a lot of people and is pretty cool (you can hit the Fremont troll in the neighborhood next door as well). If you and your wife want to do Pike Place Market, go in the morning on a weekday, otherwise it's packed and suffocating. Are there any specific areas or activities you would like to engage with?

We definitely want to do Pike Place Market, so big thanks for the recommendation. We'll be there Friday-Tuesday so Monday will work well.

I also can't seem to type, I meant to say a day-hike one of the days. Something like a 1-2 hour hike around 2-4 miles. Not opposed to driving an hour to get there either.

Otherwise, any good restaurants or hidden gems? Or cool bars? We don't party like crazy but a night out for dinner and drinks could be fun. Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated.

Been to Seattle a couple of times. Always worth it to go the rotating restaurant at the top of the space needle.

I think when I was there in May they said the restaurant was closed. Not sure if I am remembering it correctly or not. If so, not sure if it is back up now but maybe worth checking.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#1327 » by buckboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:54 pm

midranger wrote:My plan is to launch relentless verbal assaults at Sergio for 18 holes or until he concedes.

I did that to Poulter in 2012. He was not amused.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,401

Post#1328 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:19 pm

There are some decent vantage points at Whistling Straights to be sure but not nearly as many as there are at "regular" courses.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,771

Post#1329 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:22 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:There are some decent vantage points at Whistling Straights to be sure but not nearly as many as there are at "regular" courses.

I thought Erin Hills sucked for in-person vantage points.
sidney moncrief
Junior
And1: 186

Post#1330 » by sidney moncrief » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:08 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:There are some decent vantage points at Whistling Straights to be sure but not nearly as many as there are at "regular" courses.

I've been to all 3 PGAs at Whistling Straits, and my family goes to the John Deere Classic in the Quad Cities every year (been going since 2011). Although you don't get the big names there, the JDC experience is far better than any of the PGA Championships I attended.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#1331 » by BUCKnation » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:58 pm

JoeyMorgan619 wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:
jschligs wrote:
We definitely want to do Pike Place Market, so big thanks for the recommendation. We'll be there Friday-Tuesday so Monday will work well.

I also can't seem to type, I meant to say a day-hike one of the days. Something like a 1-2 hour hike around 2-4 miles. Not opposed to driving an hour to get there either.

Otherwise, any good restaurants or hidden gems? Or cool bars? We don't party like crazy but a night out for dinner and drinks could be fun. Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated.

Been to Seattle a couple of times. Always worth it to go the rotating restaurant at the top of the space needle.

I think when I was there in May they said the restaurant was closed. Not sure if I am remembering it correctly or not. If so, not sure if it is back up now but maybe worth checking.

Huh, looks like its part of a major renovation at the moment.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 989

Post#1332 » by Ryan5UW » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:12 pm

midranger wrote:does anyone know someone who actually got Ryder Cup tickets? We had a group of 12 in line hoping that 3 would get through but none of us got anything.

it seemed like a complete farce.

I was actually able to get 4 for Friday and 2 Thursday practice tickets. The guy sitting next to me at work didn't get into the "room" to buy tickets until a little after 1 pm, and by then everything was sold out.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,023

Post#1333 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:53 pm

Anyone here had Pequod's before? I hear it's amazing. I'm trying a copycat recipe tonight. I re-seasoned all my cast iron last night in preparation.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1334 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:54 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Anyone here had Pequod's before? I hear it's amazing. I'm trying a copycat recipe tonight. I re-seasoned all my cast iron last night in preparation.

Once...yeah, it was real good.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#1335 » by humanrefutation » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:16 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Anyone here had Pequod's before? I hear it's amazing. I'm trying a copycat recipe tonight. I re-seasoned all my cast iron last night in preparation.

I've never had Pequod's before, but one of my favorite cast iron pizza recipes uses a no-knead dough that you cook in the cast iron skillet in the oven. It's super easy and fantastic

https://slice.seriouseats.com/2013/01/the-pizza-lab-the-worlds-easiest-pizza-no-knead-no-stretch-pan-pizza.html
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,771

Post#1336 » by HaroldinGMinor » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:29 am

Yes. Best deep dish in the city. I send everyone there that's willing to get out of downtown. Carmelized crust for the win.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,098

Post#1337 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:33 am

I hope that as a society we one day look back on the IPA craze in shame.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#1338 » by stellation » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:42 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:I hope that as a society we one day look back on the IPA craze in shame.

Bitter?
#FreeChuckDiesel
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#1339 » by humanrefutation » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:16 am

Funny story from the other day. I was driving home from the gym, when an obnoxious driver in a Corvette slides behind my SUV on the highway. I'm in the right lane, less than half a mile from my exit, going about 63 in a 55. Still, I'm not going fast enough for this jerk. He tailgates me as I enter the John Nolen exit ramp, which is a loop that drops down to a 25mph speed limit that I take at about 30 mph. He's still tailgating me, flashing his lights.

Finally, when we get off the ramp, he wraps his car into the next lane and flies. I'm guessing he was going 65 in a 35.

I shake my head and keep going. But deep down, I'm a bit amused. This is one of the areas that is often crawling with cops set up in speed traps.

Two miles later, I see the flashing red and blue lights. It's a squad car. He's pulled over that ****. And I cackled as i drove by.
midranger
RealGM

Post#1340 » by midranger » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:16 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:I hope that as a society we one day look back on the IPA craze in shame.

Nothing wrong with IPAs but it did get out of hand. Especially this hazy/New England ipa moment. Most of those just suck.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks