Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#961 » by REDDzone » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:02 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Dear Mystic Bern,

Please assess Poirer's reign as LW champ. How does he compare with all the other Lightweight champions of lore?

How soon til he regains the title (that he definitely deserved)?

Will his being a sweet boy, nice to his mom, handsome, and hardworking be enough to beat Khabib in the rematch?

Yours,

Knave CBR

To be fair, and on a related note, you thought Conor was going to KTFO Khabib.

And god forbid you guys go back and dig up some of my dumb*ss predictions. :lol:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#962 » by Bernman » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:30 pm

REDDzone wrote:To be fair, and on a related note, you thought Conor was going to KTFO Khabib.

And god forbid you guys go back and dig up some of my dumb*ss predictions. :lol:

I wasn't going to get more into it, but I guess it requires further explanation now.

I don't think I ever said Poirier would beat Khabib. Just that he'd give him problems. Certainly was picking Khabib leading up to the fight.

And he's taking that result as proving Poirier was never very good or worthy of celebrating his accomplishment after going on a run topped off by wrecking Max. He conjured up the interaction we had back then about it.

The handsome angle he forced in there. It's since I said Krause was good looking from an aesthetic, which is a science, standpoint. Then he's classifying Poirier as the same type. Has nothing to do w/ predictions or psychoanalysis.

And being a decent human being has nothing to do w/ winning fights. As we've discussed, so many top fighters are scumbags.

It was a reach of a troll attempt because he was triggered by me pointing out I have a knack for judging character given my background. Calling myself Mystic Bern was a take-off on you referring to yourself as Mystic RZ one time.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#963 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:47 pm

REDDzone wrote:

Please assess Poirer's reign as LW champ. How does he compare with all the other Lightweight champions of lore?

Will his being a sweet boy, nice to his mom, handsome, and hardworking be enough to beat Khabib in the rematch?

Yours,

Knave CBR

Certainly did not.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#964 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Bernman wrote:worthy of celebrating his accomplishment after going on a run topped off by wrecking Max.

LOL. Celebrating his accomplishments.

With a title? Should everyone on a run get one?

The UFC simply wanted to concoct a title fight for commercial reasons despite neither fighter being even a number 1 contender. Stop eliding this fact.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#965 » by REDDzone » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:17 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

Yours,

Knave CBR

Certainly did not.

Certainly did.

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I just can't see Conor winning.

Huh. I think this is pretty tight. His punching is so precise, his gameplanning and ability to perform unquestionable. I would go 60/40 KTFOs Khabib early.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#966 » by High 5 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Bernman wrote:Like with Bones, I sniffed this guy out as a snake from the very beginning. Call me Mystic Bern. I predict these things!

You and half of Sherdog. He was labeled a snake as soon as he admitted to snitching in college. Plus the overly religious stuff being a red flag for a lot of people.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#967 » by REDDzone » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 pm

High 5 wrote:
Bernman wrote:Like with Bones, I sniffed this guy out as a snake from the very beginning. Call me Mystic Bern. I predict these things!

You and half of Sherdog. He was labeled a snake as soon as he admitted to snitching in college. Plus the overly religious stuff being a red flag for a lot of people.

I know I've told this story before. But back when Bones was still seen as a choir boy who was literally chasing after purse snatchers, there was a time when Donald Cerrone was doing something where he was playing video games and interacting with fans. This would have been before Twitch so I don't even recall the context. But someone asked Cowboy about Bones and Cowboy said (paraphrase) "Man that guy's a hypocrite, he talks about Jesus and then does coke off of stripper's asses". :lol:
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#968 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:31 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

Certainly did not.

Certainly did.

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I just can't see Conor winning.

Huh. I think this is pretty tight. His punching is so precise, his gameplanning and ability to perform unquestionable. I would go 60/40 KTFOs Khabib early.

You know about these nummers people use? Like when I said, 60/40? Or "this is pretty tight"? That is not me thinking Conor was going to KTFO Khabib. That's me thinking there's a chance - a little more than a coin flip's chance - that Conor catches Khabib.

Who didn't think that Conor might catch Khabib?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#969 » by REDDzone » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:35 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:You know about these nummers people use? Like when I said, 60/40? Or "this is pretty tight"? That is not me thinking Conor was going to KTFO Khabib. That's me thinking there's a chance - a little more than a coin flip's chance - that Conor catches Khabib.

You thought Conor was more likely than not going to KTFO Khabib. My claim is that you thought Conor was going to KTFO Khabib.

This isn't even relevant though. Even if you weren't wrong about that, I could probably pull up 50 other times were you, I, cammo, fishi and everyone else on this board was wrong about a fight prediction, which is why it's weird to call people out for it.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#970 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:38 pm

High 5 wrote:

Nah, man, this guy has piercing insight. We're talking a BA in Criminology or Psychology, probably. From a place that has accreditation by a government body! He might be in his mind palace right now transpsychically looking into your soul. I mean, do you know about the Milgram experiments and the fundamental attribution error? He does. And it affords him a frightening power of character assessment.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#971 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:46 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:You know about these nummers people use? Like when I said, 60/40? Or "this is pretty tight"? That is not me thinking Conor was going to KTFO Khabib. That's me thinking there's a chance - a little more than a coin flip's chance - that Conor catches Khabib.

You thought Conor was more likely than not going to KTFO Khabib. My claim is that you thought Conor was going to KTFO Khabib.

This isn't even relevant though. Even if you weren't wrong about that, I could probably pull up 50 other times were you, I, cammo, fishi and everyone else on this board was wrong about a fight prediction, which is why it's weird to call people out for it.

I wasn't calling him out for a mispredication, though. I was calling him out for mis-attributing value to a fight that already happened. Poirier's win over Holloway. This was a matter of evaluating THAT FIGHT and what it was worth. Two very good fighters, neither of whom were #1 contenders, fought for a belt with a champion barely inactive for 8 months. This was not an issue of assessing what would happen in the future. Just an assessment that this was a sham belt concocted by the UFC to patch-up a card for short-term prestige.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#972 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Listen, I'm going to shut this down for the day, fellas. A raven just passed my window here in Toronto and I'm a little freaked out it might have been Bernman himself, empowered with his Bachelors degree in the form of a corvid. That's some voodoo ****.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#973 » by Bernman » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:36 pm

It was a lot broader than generally not liking him or thinking he was a phony because he snitched on his buddies for smoking weed and then bragged about it. I said he was a severe narcissist who could justify doing just about anything to anyone for cues like embracing the moniker chosen one and thanking God for just giving brain damage to some guy.

Didn't think about this before. But now I remember getting a lot of pushback from Ronnie specifically at the time for that assessment, with him claiming Jones' actions meant nothing about his character. May explain why he was compelled to go on the offensive w/ a bunch of random, bad gotchas (we all have real ones as RZ pointed out, but those were reaches), since he sensitively took offense to some generic lighthearted competition and banter that's natural to a sport's forum. Or was just compelled to be a prick then and is again.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#974 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:11 pm

Bernman wrote:It was a lot broader than generally not liking him or thinking he was a phony because he snitched on his buddies for smoking weed and then bragged about it. I said he was a severe narcissist who could justify doing just about anything to anyone for cues like embracing the moniker chosen one and thanking God for just giving brain damage to some guy.

Didn't think about this before. But now I remember getting a lot of pushback from Ronnie specifically at the time for that assessment, with him claiming Jones' actions meant nothing about his character. May explain why he was compelled to go on the offensive w/ a bunch of random, bad gotchas (we all have real ones as RZ pointed out, but those were reaches), since he sensitively took offense to some generic lighthearted competition and banter that's natural to a sport's forum. Or was just compelled to be a prick then and is again.

viewtopic.php?f=270&t=1408295

Where's the pushback, exactly? I call him a POS and a narcissist like 10 times on a single page. I suggest that the community service of him speaking to kids about redemption is actually only going to foster his narcissism.

Despite not having any diploma in Psychology, I managed to piece it together.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,480

Post#975 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:04 pm

Okay saying Ali is a snake and untrustworthy isn't much of a call. Anyone that sees how that dude acts for a second or hears him talk just once, it is beyond obvious that dude is a snake. That's like me saying, "Im not sure Mike Perry has the highest IQ" and Mike Perry ends up taking an IQ test and its laughably low.

Show me the person today saying, "Oh wow this caught me off guard, I thought Ali was a good dude." You aint going to find that guy haha.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#976 » by Bernman » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:36 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Okay saying Ali is a snake and untrustworthy isn't much of a call. Anyone that sees how that dude acts for a second or hears him talk just once, it is beyond obvious that dude is a snake. That's like me saying, "Im not sure Mike Perry has the highest IQ" and Mike Perry ends up taking an IQ test and its laughably low.

Show me the person today saying, "Oh wow this caught me off guard, I thought Ali was a good dude." You aint going to find that guy haha.

Sure, that's true about any time recently, or within the last couple years. But I was calling him Ali Abdelsleaze at the beginning of his WSOF matchmaker career. Nothing was public about his past back then. It was from trying to undermine UFC's competition while pretending to be a competitor. And he's still serving the purpose for them, after he left WSOF. He steered almost every client to UFC or PFL for years. Now all of a sudden he has a wave to Bellator. I'm not the only one who's noticed this trend. Don't think it's a coincidence it took place when the UFC's Antitrust lawsuit finally hit court.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#977 » by REDDzone » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:27 pm

While waiting to see if he is to be charged for the first sexual assault allegation, Conor is now being accused of a second sexual assault.

LOL. Someone lock this dude up already.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#978 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:05 pm

Thing with MMA fans is that, as soon as he's signed up for his next fight, ie not his coach or him teasing the next fight but actually signed up for it, it will all be forgotten
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,873

Post#979 » by Jasen777 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:18 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Thing with MMA fans is that, as soon as he's signed up for his next fight, ie not his coach or him teasing the next fight but actually signed up for it, it will all be forgotten

That could potentially be quite some time.

Though rich guys normally beat these charges, innocent or not.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#980 » by Susan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:53 pm

Bernman wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Okay saying Ali is a snake and untrustworthy isn't much of a call. Anyone that sees how that dude acts for a second or hears him talk just once, it is beyond obvious that dude is a snake. That's like me saying, "Im not sure Mike Perry has the highest IQ" and Mike Perry ends up taking an IQ test and its laughably low.

Sure, that's true about any time recently, or within the last couple years. But I was calling him Ali Abdelsleaze at the beginning of his WSOF matchmaker career. Nothing was public about his past back then. It was from trying to undermine UFC's competition while pretending to be a competitor. And he's still serving the purpose for them, after he left WSOF. He steered almost every client to UFC or PFL for years. Now all of a sudden he has a wave to Bellator. I'm not the only one who's noticed this trend. Don't think it's a coincidence it took place when the UFC's Antitrust lawsuit finally hit court.

Not getting into the Ali stuff, he's clearly a sleezeball and it's never been in hiding but one of my old teammates is now a decently large manager in the MMA game and he said that Bellator is significantly easier to work with than the UFC.

And for turning on Jones, I picked up on his scumbaggery in the build up to his Rashad fight. 2012.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts