Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1041 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:40 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Sobelmans doesn't sell sobelmans burgers.

We've talked about this in the past. From my vantage point they've actually damaged their brand. McDonald's does a better job with a regular Quarter Pounder than the Sobelman's burger you get at Fiserv.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#1042 » by talbert » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:55 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
talbert wrote:Just sell normal stadium food. Hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, that sort of stuff. Don't try to make it all something it's not, and stop hyping it up like it's sit-down restaurant quality food. I personally love the food at Miller.

But then you get a lot of people who want more than just basic stadium food. My girlfriend is immensely more excited to go to Bucks games because of the food options she has as opposed to Brewers games.

Plus you can get that Burgers & hot dogs at Fiserv if you want.

I do agree it isn't restaurant quality, but I think that's an unrealistic expectation and the Bucks shouldn't hype it up as that.

Right, but they are "fancy" hot dogs and hamburgers with a Texas toast bun. :roll:

I just think Miller does a better job of offering the normal stadium foods and then sprinkling in some unique options here and there. At Fiserv, every stand is a specialty stand, and Peter Feigin has been on every news show hyping the food up as something it's not.

It all is what it is. I like some of the stuff. Fresh fin is right by my section. I eat it more than I'd like to admit. I just want normal, trash, stadium food too.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#1043 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:13 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

We've talked about this in the past. From my vantage point they've actually damaged their brand. McDonald's does a better job with a regular Quarter Pounder than the Sobelman's burger you get at Fiserv.

Agreed. I'm pretty easy going with food but the burger I got from Sobelmans stand was awful. If you told me I was biting into an Admirals hockey puck, I would've believed you.

And yes, the Texas toast bun on a hot dog was kinda weird.

Chic-fil-a was one of the safe options but be prepared to wait in long lines.

I miss some of the BC stands like the Usingers one, Wisconsin cheesesteak, gyro, Qdoba to be honest. Simple kiosks but were solid eats. And I think the sobelmans there actually made to order your burger in the 400 level which was more quality. I understand attendance was lower too so maybe had time to prepare things slower.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#1044 » by KidA24 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:43 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Go to Oscar's on Pierce or Oscar's Winners circle... they are better anyway :)
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1045 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:52 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Soblemens has always been Milwaukee's most overrated burger in my opinion. Watching them use frozen bacon circles at the original restaurant really turned me off and made me question how they got their reputation.

The ones upstairs at the BC were actually kinda solid though.They were definitely made to order.

But, have heard nothing but bad reviews since Fiserv opened.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#1046 » by skones » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:06 am

KidA24 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Go to Oscar's on Pierce or Oscar's Winners circle... they are better anyway :)

I've spent a ton of time at this place. They sponsored my kickball team for 3 years.
skones
RealGM

Post#1047 » by skones » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:08 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

Which is why Ardent is so puzzling. You've got a James Beard semifinalist in Justin Carlisle who puts out a top notch tasting menu getting into the stadium food game?

If anyone has an opportunity to excel here, it might be this one. You'll likely have less experienced cooks cooking a top notch ingredient. The Carlisle farm does their beef right.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#1048 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:43 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

My wife and I each had one opening night last season and thought they were fine. Granted it was in the 3rd quarter and they were slow-ish, so maybe it was fresher?
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#1049 » by BradMKE » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:07 am

skones wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Which is why Ardent is so puzzling. You've got a James Beard semifinalist in Justin Carlisle who puts out a top notch tasting menu getting into the stadium food game?

If anyone has an opportunity to excel here, it might be this one. You'll likely have less experienced cooks cooking a top notch ingredient. The Carlisle farm does their beef right.

It’s just unfortunate that the vast majority of people going to the games won’t be able to try it with it being on the private mezzanine level. But that might have been what he wanted - to target that kind of clientele, which can only help his business outside the arena.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#1050 » by HaroldinGMinor » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:20 am

skones wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Which is why Ardent is so puzzling. You've got a James Beard semifinalist in Justin Carlisle who puts out a top notch tasting menu getting into the stadium food game?

Stephanie Izard is serving up tacos at the United Center.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,920

Post#1051 » by soxperry » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:00 am

trwi7 wrote:
soxperry wrote:so the only solution to a bad food situation is to simply not utilize it?

Umm, yes? The only other option is a boycott/protest and that won't work if you don't get hundreds, if not thousands to join along, which seems unlikely.

yeah, we're not really talking about this strictly from the perspective of the (mostly) powerless fan.. we are also speaking in the hypothetical about how it could be improved.. so your comment isn't really helpful because it's a very obvious and mostly useless action.

it's like a group of people talking about a movie that just came out and expressing disappointment in certain aspects of it and a guy walks up and says, "Don't go see movies." So there you go, you're that guy.
skones
RealGM

Post#1052 » by skones » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:47 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
skones wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Does she do it under the "Goat" moniker though?
skones
RealGM

Post#1053 » by skones » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:50 pm

BradMKE wrote:
skones wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Which is why Ardent is so puzzling. You've got a James Beard semifinalist in Justin Carlisle who puts out a top notch tasting menu getting into the stadium food game?

It’s just unfortunate that the vast majority of people going to the games won’t be able to try it with it being on the private mezzanine level. But that might have been what he wanted - to target that kind of clientele, which can only help his business outside the arena.

I don't think the Carlisle's have the ability to supply their beef in the quantity necessary for it to be available to the masses so that makes a little more sense.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#1054 » by HaroldinGMinor » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:40 pm

skones wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:
skones wrote:

Does she do it under the "Goat" moniker though?

"Girl & the Goat chef Stephanie Izard will take her talents to the UC later this year as Izard will bring street tacos to the West Side arena. The effort is called This Little Goat Went to the Taqueria."

https://chicago.eater.com/2019/7/9/20687621/stephanie-izard-united-center-tacos-this-little-goat-went-to-the-taqueria
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#1055 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:49 pm

Had The Girl and the Goat once. Did not enjoy it.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,297

Post#1056 » by jute2003 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:17 pm

It is food in a stadium. It will be premium priced and it will be okayish. That shouldn't be shocking to anyone, regardless of what the Bucks hyped it all up to be.
only a fan, only an opinion
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Post#1057 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:01 pm

I've been to most of the places around the FF and most I've had good food. I haven't yet eaten at Punchbowl or Mecca or Good City. Thinking about watching Badgers/Buckeyes and eating at one of them before the home opener next week. How is the food at those 3 places?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1058 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:19 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I've been to most of the places around the FF and most I've had good food. I haven't yet eaten at Punchbowl or Mecca or Good City. Thinking about watching Badgers/Buckeyes and eating at one of them before the home opener next week. How is the food at those 3 places?

Only eaten at Mecca once and had a burger, it's expensive, but, good food and worth it to experience that place.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#1059 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:49 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I've been to most of the places around the FF and most I've had good food. I haven't yet eaten at Punchbowl or Mecca or Good City. Thinking about watching Badgers/Buckeyes and eating at one of them before the home opener next week. How is the food at those 3 places?

Mecca > Punch Bowl

(sample size of one meal at each place)

The Mecca was absolutely slammed for the Badgers/Northwestern game. Great atmosphere. Good food. You may want to get there early for a prime Bucky/OUS viewing experience.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Post#1060 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:10 pm

I enjoy watching games at Mecca. One issue is they open at 11 and the Badger game starts at 11. Same with Good City. Punch Bowl opens at 9. I'd like to get settled in and order food before the game starts.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks