ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,578

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#21 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:23 pm

So no 1/2 measures and I doubt anyone is rounding down. But I’ll take it.

Boucher needs to keep growing that hair if he wants to gain weight.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#22 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:32 pm

traps#10 wrote:I always thought that the Raptors should train/use Boucher as a SF like Kevin Durant. He’s too light and skinny to play PF/C imo.

He does look like Tashaun Prince back in the day in terms of his lankiness. Not sure if Boucher as the foot speed to be a SF though.
BBallG
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,749

Post#23 » by BBallG » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:41 pm

most shocking part is FVV at 6 feet tall. How am I supposed to keep calling him a midget when the dude is my height....FOH
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#24 » by PT416 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:07 pm

So Lowry gained 9 lb. ****

Also props to Matt Thomas for being 7lb heavier. If he's putting on weight it's a good indicator of his off court work ethic and will to stick around in the league.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,747

Post#25 » by And1Skip » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:10 pm

PT416 wrote:So Lowry gained 9 lb. ****

Also props to Matt Thomas for being 7lb heavier. If he's putting on weight it's a good indicator of his off court work ethic and will to stick around in the league.

Lowry gained 9 lbs since the number was last updated so it could been a long time (not sure if all the way to 2006 when he was drafted).

EDIT: I think he was 175 lbs when he was drafted, so yeah 196lbs old weight must be a bit recent.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#26 » by J-Roc » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:14 pm

Boucher found a way to get skinnier.
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#27 » by dalton749 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:17 pm

Kyle and Marc got fat and need to work into shape, Boucher and McCaw need to hit the damn gym. How the hell can you be that tall and that skinny as a pro athlete.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#28 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:21 pm

Lowry got a little plump.

Matt Thomas the same weight as FVV but 5 inches taller.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#29 » by Boogie! » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:34 pm

2 surprises to me are that boucher is actually 6'11 and fvv is 6. I always thought boucher was shorter and that his length made him look taller than he was. And there's no way fvv is 6 if Lowry is 6. Maybe it's the hair but Lowry always looks an inch taller than him when theyre side by side. Maybe fvv looks small because of his alligator arms as well. Also when was Kyle ever listed as 6'1?
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#30 » by djsunyc » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:44 pm

with lowry + gasol 10 lbs heavier, our defense may not be great to start the season.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#31 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:49 pm

djsunyc wrote:with lowry + gasol 10 lbs heavier, our defense may not be great to start the season.

Less worried about Marc because he had a very busy summer - pretty sure he is in good shape after playing for Spain.

More worried about Lowry; he was injured all summer and he does have a tendency to put on bad weight during the offseason.
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,227

Post#32 » by kwajo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:52 pm

djsunyc wrote:with lowry + gasol 10 lbs heavier, our defense may not be great to start the season.

As has been pointed out, Marc played more than anyone on the team this Summer, he's probably in very good shape. You have to remember these are new weights compared to what the old listed ones were, which may have been measured a while ago. For all we know, Marc weighs the same now as he did during the Finals.
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,227

Post#33 » by kwajo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Crazy that Stanley Johnson is the heaviest player on the team not named Gasol.
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,006

Post#34 » by mieshpal » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:57 pm

I am in the same boat. He has talent, but his IQ looks below average
YoungG wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
YoungG wrote:
Boucher NEEDS to get bigger. There's a reason his nickname is 'Slim Duck' and I don't think it has to do with anything good. lol If he can utilize his skills at a heavier weight, he'll be a bit better as a player, especially when rebounding and scoring in the paint.

BOUCHER WILL NEVER GET BIGGER. That is his frame/size for the rest of his career. The player you want him to be isin't going to happen but that doesn't mean he can't be effective.

Boucher is a 3pt shooter/shot blocker. He's not a positional rebounder but he can use his length to get boards. He's the fastest runner on the team for his size and he looks to run every play. He'll most likely never be a starter in this league and won't win every match up but he brings energy and scoring which is exactly what you want off the bench.

When we look at bench players, you will rarely find all around players unless they are young and developing. Every bench player has disadvantages. Its the coaches job to have them excel with their advantages.

Keon Clark was a druggy but he had the same frame as Boucher in a league that use to be all about size. If Keon Clark played in this era, he'd be much more successful. No reason why Boucher can't be successful now. Just needs the playing time to get comfortable.

Well I hope he'll be successful for this team but honestly, I'm not high on him at all. I hope he proves me wrong.
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,006

Post#35 » by mieshpal » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:58 pm

I agree. He is a 3/4
mtcan wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:
YoungG wrote:
Boucher NEEDS to get bigger. There's a reason his nickname is 'Slim Duck' and I don't think it has to do with anything good. lol If he can utilize his skills at a heavier weight, he'll be a bit better as a player, especially when rebounding and scoring in the paint.

Guy is 26 years old - chances of him growing an significant amount of muscle weight at this point is pretty slim (like him).

Still think he is better used as a forward than a C; his weight will matter less.

Boucher is miscast if you look at him as a PF or C. His game and body shape makes him more of a SF. His body type reminds me of KD. He has a bit of handle and has outside shooting...play him at the 3/4.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,732

Post#36 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:14 pm

kwajo wrote:Crazy that Stanley Johnson is the heaviest player on the team not named Gasol.

He's a tank. There's no reason he shouldn't be Ron Artest (without the crazy), except he just doesn't seem to want it badly enough.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Moon Walk
Bench Warmer
And1: 162

Post#37 » by Moon Walk » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
blastttOFF wrote:Marc Gasol with the good ol' summer gaining 10 lbs of muscle.

He's actually probably in great shape after spending nearly 2 months playing with Spain over the summer.

he is our Beer Papi.
flipside21
Veteran
And1: 896

Post#38 » by flipside21 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:24 pm

Well . . . that was material . . . I'd expect more variation based on what they ate for breakfast and the last time they got a haircut.
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#39 » by daswunderboy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:36 pm

People...guys didn't "gain" weight over the summer. Some of those player weights are from their draft. They don't update those regularly, if at all, because there is no reason to. So Kyle didn't "gain" 9 pounds, Marc didn't "gain" 10 pounds. Kyle's original weight could be his draft weight for all we know!
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,790

Post#40 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:37 pm

So its exactly what they said it was before then.

Return to Toronto Raptors