How many Duncan's seasons would you pick over peak Kawhi?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,164

Re: How many Duncan's seasons would you pick over peak Kawhi? 

Post#61 » by cpower » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:50 pm

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
cpower wrote:most of the prime seasons. why did Kawhi make an impact in RS ever?

2016 - led them to 67 wins and one of the best SRS seasons ever

2017 - led them to 61 wins

2019 is underrated too, he started dominating offensively around January when he went into regular form after wearing off rust. He sat out 90% garbage teams and they won, which majority title teams would all do without their best player (especially Pop's Spurs during 2005-2007).

not good enough, we are talking to Tim Duncan (top 10 player) here. These Paul George or Lillard comparable seasons dont help Kawhi's cases.
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#62 » by Baski » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:16 pm

6-8
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,891

Post#63 » by bledredwine » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:41 pm

inDe_eD wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
maybe he beasts in the POs because he 'coasts' in the RS? what happens when he's put in a situation where he can't coast in the RS?

Every single player has to pick their spots in the regular season. Very few of them turn it up in the playoffs Ithough.

Exactly. Heck, my favorite player Jordan is the biggest regular season coaster that I’ve witnessed. In games against teams like the Grizz, Nets etc, he would just relax and go through the motions. Then in the 4th he would start playing and win the game.

73 percent of his 50 point games were against winning teams. And that makes sense if you’re a competitive player.

Especially considering how light the defenses are in the regular season, I don’t blame Kawhi one bit for coasting.

Return to Player Comparisons