Pacers Engage Multiple Teams On Domantas Sabonis Trade Talks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Pacers Engage Multiple Teams On Domantas Sabonis Trade Talks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:27 am

The Indiana Pacers have engaged in active trade talks with multiple teams centered on Domantas Sabonis. The Pacers have held a high asking price for Sabonis. 

Sabonis is extension eligible and will become a restricted free agent next offseason without a deal. Sabonis is signed for $3.5 million this season.

The Pacers signed Myles Turner to a four-year, $72 million extension last October.

Sabonis and Turner conceivably could play together, but both are natural centers.

Via Sam Amick/The Athletic

23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Re: Pacers Engage Multiple Teams On Domantas Sabonis Trade Talks 

Post#2 » by 23artest23 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:55 am

Wonder if there is truth to this. I wouldn't doubt it neccessarily but as a Pacer fan, I don't want to see Sabonis go anywhere. If he doesn't want to be here, that's another story and the Pacers should probably take the best deal available. But yeah...Domantas personifies what most Pacer fans want in a player and I'd be perfectly content with him spending the rest of his career here.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Re: Pacers Engage Multiple Teams On Domantas Sabonis Trade Talks 

Post#3 » by Moooose » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:21 am

23artest23 wrote:Wonder if there is truth to this. I wouldn't doubt it neccessarily but as a Pacer fan, I don't want to see Sabonis go anywhere. If he doesn't want to be here, that's another story and the Pacers should probably take the best deal available. But yeah...Domantas personifies what most Pacer fans want in a player and I'd be perfectly content with him spending the rest of his career here.

Amick's a reliable source. And really, it was an apparent issue heading into the offseason.

Return to Wiretap Discussion