OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1781 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:44 pm

I wonder if The Outer Worlds is gonna be great. I've been kinda lukewarm on it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,665

Post#1782 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:52 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I wonder if The Outer Worlds is gonna be great. I've been kinda lukewarm on it.

Are yo a FO:NV fan? It's the spiritual successor. I thought the newest 20m opening demo from IGN looked amazing. I cannot wait.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,892

Post#1783 » by jschligs » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:01 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I wonder if The Outer Worlds is gonna be great. I've been kinda lukewarm on it.

Are yo a FO:NV fan? It's the spiritual successor. I thought the newest 20m opening demo from IGN looked amazing. I cannot wait.

I'm buying it for sure. Looks like a perfect pick-up-and-play or get sucked in for hours type of game. I'll also eventually get CoD on Black Friday. Busy fall ahead.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1784 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:02 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

I did like NV. The 20 minute demo looked fine, though I thought it was weird to release that as an appetizer to the public. All it showed was some very simple gameplay/sneaking. I'm anxious to see a really comprehensive review.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1785 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:26 pm

So I decided to sign-up for XBox Game Pass for PC again to test it out in prep for Outer Worlds. I had it before to play Forza for a couple months, but the FPS games on Game Pass all have bad reviews for PC. Not fool proof, but I thought I'd try on my machine and hope that (if it works) it carries over for Outer Worlds (which I definitely want to play on PC).

I downloaded Metro Exodus to try out, which I had always wanted to play anyway, and have had a good experience so far. I can run on medium settings, with some of the fancy settings turned off, and it still runs beautiful with no issues yet. And I proceeded to play for about 4 hours this morning. The game is **** incredible. This is my first foray into the Metro series and I am loving it. So now I'll probably end up playing it too :D
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Post#1786 » by TroyD92 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:45 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:So I decided to sign-up for XBox Game Pass for PC again to test it out in prep for Outer Worlds. I had it before to play Forza for a couple months, but the FPS games on Game Pass all have bad reviews for PC. Not fool proof, but I thought I'd try on my machine and hope that (if it works) it carries over for Outer Worlds (which I definitely want to play on PC).

I downloaded Metro Exodus to try out, which I had always wanted to play anyway, and have had a good experience so far. I can run on medium settings, with some of the fancy settings turned off, and it still runs beautiful with no issues yet. And I proceeded to play for about 4 hours this morning. The game is **** incredible. This is my first foray into the Metro series and I am loving it. So now I'll probably end up playing it too :D

Is the gamepass all streaming based? I've been looking for something my dad could play without having to takeover my PC for hours.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1787 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:50 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:So I decided to sign-up for XBox Game Pass for PC again to test it out in prep for Outer Worlds. I had it before to play Forza for a couple months, but the FPS games on Game Pass all have bad reviews for PC. Not fool proof, but I thought I'd try on my machine and hope that (if it works) it carries over for Outer Worlds (which I definitely want to play on PC).

Is the gamepass all streaming based? I've been looking for something my dad could play without having to takeover my PC for hours.

No, you still download the games. You have access to them as long as you subscribe. First month is $1, subsequently $5. Great deal right now, as all new major releases on XB1 go to Game Pass.

Won't stay this way for long, I imagine. They're trying to get market share back before next gen, I'm sure.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,068

Post#1788 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:22 pm

If I knew God of War was Dark Souls meets Uncharted I probably would have played it before this weekend.

I have the difficulty turned up and am getting absolutely destroyed because my brain can't stop button mashing and I absolutely love it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1789 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:54 am

I'm obsessed with The Witcher 3 in a way I wasn't the first time I played it through, or the second I got around 25% of the way through.

This time I'm taking on every contract. Paying attention to every story line. But tonight I got to a point where I wanted to slam the controller down. I'm taking on this Earth Elemental, way above my level. I'm kinda cheesing it a bit, going in and out of the room it's in, pecking at it basically. It takes me 30 minutes but I have it down to a hit or two. I die by something I feel is a cheap glitch. I put the controller down, text the girlfriend for a while, play with the cat, order takeout, but I'm still annoyed because this seems like it could be a long-ass battle.

I finally start it up an hour later and the ****'s health is down to his last hit. I didn't have to start over in the first place.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1790 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:56 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:If I knew God of War was Dark Souls meets Uncharted I probably would have played it before this weekend.

I'm glad you like it but GoW has nothing in common with Dark Souls.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,068

Post#1791 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:25 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:If I knew God of War was Dark Souls meets Uncharted I probably would have played it before this weekend.

I'm glad you like it but GoW has nothing in common with Dark Souls.

C'mon, bro.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1792 » by jschligs » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:16 pm

Looked back a bit and didn't have luck, but hoping someone could recommend a cheap receiver/amp to go with my equally cheap speakers. The house I bought had wires in the basement area for 5.1 surround sound and I finally pulled the trigger and got the $99 Monoprice 5.1 speaker set. Cheap, but good reviews and more than enough for my needs.

I was looking at either of these receivers:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/denon-avr-700w-5-2-ch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-compatible-a-v-home-theater-receiver-black/6210100.p?skuId=6210100

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/onkyo-tx-5-2-ch-with-dolby-atmos-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-compatible-a-v-home-theater-receiver-black/6333560.p?skuId=6333560

I rarely use my basement but I will occasionally have friends over for a game/movie/show and I'd like to spend more time down there anyways. The reviews all seem positive but I can't make up my mind for one over the other.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#1793 » by crkone » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:21 pm

jschligs wrote:Looked back a bit and didn't have luck, but hoping someone could recommend a cheap receiver/amp to go with my equally cheap speakers. The house I bought had wires in the basement area for 5.1 surround sound and I finally pulled the trigger and got the $99 Monoprice 5.1 speaker set. Cheap, but good reviews and more than enough for my needs.

I was looking at either of these receivers:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/denon-avr-700w-5-2-ch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-compatible-a-v-home-theater-receiver-black/6210100.p?skuId=6210100

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/onkyo-tx-5-2-ch-with-dolby-atmos-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-compatible-a-v-home-theater-receiver-black/6333560.p?skuId=6333560

I rarely use my basement but I will occasionally have friends over for a game/movie/show and I'd like to spend more time down there anyways. The reviews all seem positive but I can't make up my mind for one over the other.

Speaking of Monoprice, I recommended their $99 12-inch subwoofer. Good for movies and music.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1794 » by jschligs » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm

I actually bought their speaker/sub combo. Like I said, I know it's really cheap haha

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007YLQUWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1795 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Gonna join Xbox Game Pass for Outer Worlds this week. Seems like a no-brainer.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1796 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:43 pm

Great reviews pretty much all around on Outer Worlds. 9/10 GS, 8.5/10 IGN, Recommended (Y/N system) both Polygon and Kotaku, 9/10 Destructoid. Only dissenter seems to be PC Gamer, FWIW.

Cannot wait. I'll be on vaca until next week so will be a bit behind y'all, but I expect I'll catch up quickly :D I feel like I've been in a rut since I wrapped-up DQB2, even with BL3, so hoping this will pull me out of it.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1797 » by jschligs » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:46 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Gonna join Xbox Game Pass for Outer Worlds this week. Seems like a no-brainer.

I heard Game Pass works on Windows, would that work for me?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1798 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:48 pm

jschligs wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Gonna join Xbox Game Pass for Outer Worlds this week. Seems like a no-brainer.

That I don't really know anything about. Not a PC guy.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1799 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:54 pm

jschligs wrote:

Yes, but it's a different sign-up from the Xbox game pass. Access through the MS Store and you'll be prompted appropriately. $1 for the first month.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1800 » by jschligs » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:15 pm

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/cfq7ttc0kgq8?wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

For anyone looking to play Outer Worlds for $1 on PC here is the Xbox Game Pass PC Beta sign up. Thanks MikeIsGood!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks