Post#61 » by -Ian- » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:57 am

Read on Twitter

So much for LBJ being "more than an athlete." :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#62 » by Chapelchilla » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Lebron thinking with his pocketbook and not his brain. Catering to the Chinese Govt over Hong Kong's Freedom is pretty low.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#63 » by 316Hornets » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:31 pm

Chapelchilla wrote:Lebron thinking with his pocketbook and not his brain. Catering to the Chinese Govt over Hong Kong's Freedom is pretty low.

I disagree with your opinion on the matter. Asking NBA players to be spokesmen to encourage more protest is not a position you want to put them in and you don't know what type of reaction that might have. I much prefer to see a neutral stance from Lebron and players as demonstrated here. Let the political leaders direct the politics, let the players play.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer

Post#64 » by Chapelchilla » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:58 pm

316Hornets wrote:
Chapelchilla wrote:Lebron thinking with his pocketbook and not his brain. Catering to the Chinese Govt over Hong Kong's Freedom is pretty low.

I disagree with your opinion on the matter. Asking NBA players to be spokesmen to encourage more protest is not a position you want to put them in and you don't know what type of reaction that might have. I much prefer to see a neutral stance from Lebron and players as demonstrated here. Let the political leaders direct the politics, let the players play.

I respect your opinion but Lebron DID NOT remain neutral, he called out Morey as being ignorant for supporting the Hong Kong people. He was actively toeing the Communist Party of China's line to sell more shoes.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#65 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:03 pm

Lebron has no problem being outspoken about literally any other issue, but one that suddenly may bother his bank account even just the slightest bit hes against. Its hypocrisy at its finest.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Post#66 » by LofJ » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:09 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:Lebron has no problem being outspoken about literally any other issue, but one that suddenly may bother his bank account even just the slightest bit hes against. Its hypocrisy at its finest.

Chinese people buy sneakers and jerseys too, when it comes down to it just about everyone's favorite color is green.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by 316Hornets » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Chapelchilla wrote:
316Hornets wrote:

I respect your opinion but Lebron DID NOT remain neutral, he called out Morey as being ignorant for supporting the Hong Kong people. He was actively toeing the Communist Party of China's line to sell more shoes.

No, he actually did remain neutral. He only called out Morey because he was not being neutral. These guys are involved in a business that makes billions of dollars. Why should a GM or a star player come out and say one way or the other unless it is agreed by the entire league. Morey spoke out of place. He has free speech, but when you are a business leader, you don't speak out unless the other business leaders agree.

And.. just fyi, I can almost assure you Nike and the NBA knew and agreed to what Lebron said.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by 316Hornets » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:04 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:Lebron has no problem being outspoken about literally any other issue, but one that suddenly may bother his bank account even just the slightest bit hes against. Its hypocrisy at its finest.

Come on man. This is not an issue here in the States. Is America supposed to be policing the world? Unless you want World War III, you try to nudge China in the right direction, but telling them which way to go is not going to end well.

The fact that the NBA is being used as leverage at all is a fking joke in my opinion.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#69 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:49 pm

316Hornets wrote:
Chapelchilla wrote:
316Hornets wrote:

No, he actually did remain neutral. He only called out Morey because he was not being neutral. These guys are involved in a business that makes billions of dollars. Why should a GM or a star player come out and say one way or the other unless it is agreed by the entire league. Morey spoke out of place. He has free speech, but when you are a business leader, you don't speak out unless the other business leaders agree.

And.. just fyi, I can almost assure you Nike and the NBA knew and agreed to what Lebron said.

So basically Morey has free speech but he doesnt
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by 316Hornets » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:01 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
316Hornets wrote:
Chapelchilla wrote:

So basically Morey has free speech but he doesnt

Morey has free speech, the GM of the Houston Rockets does not.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#71 » by fatlever » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:55 pm

frank did it again last night. can he finally do it when it counts, and not preseason, or the rookie/soph game, or the last month of a wasted season? we'll see.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by 316Hornets » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:20 am

fatlever wrote:frank did it again last night. can he finally do it when it counts, and not preseason, or the rookie/soph game, or the last month of a wasted season? we'll see.

Christian Wood has had a good preseason too. Double-double tonight in 24 min.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by 316Hornets » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:04 pm

Interesting comments by Silver on the China thing.(https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27867216/nba-commissioner-adam-silver-says-financial-losses-china-substantial)
"The losses have already been substantial," Silver said at the Time 100 Summit, in his first public comments about the NBA's relationship with China since he returned to the U.S. from China earlier this week. "Our games are not back on the air in China as we speak, and we'll see what happens next."

"Maybe I was trying too hard to be a diplomat," Silver said. "I didn't see it as my role as the commissioner of the NBA to weigh in on the substance of the protest."

"We made clear that we were being asked to fire him, by the Chinese government, by the parties we dealt with, government and business," Silver said. "We said there's no chance that's happening. There's no chance we'll even discipline him."

"These American values -- we are an American business -- travel with us wherever we go," Silver said. "And one of those values is free expression. We wanted to make sure that everyone understood we were supporting free expression."

Basically a lot of deflecting any type of criticism. It's a tense relationship and fans globally may not be seeing the entire picture with China. If Silver leans one way, he gets attack. Lean another way, gets attacked. So, just have to play it cool I guess and hope the thing deescalates. Personally, I don't think Hong Kong is demanding all that much, but I guess China is thinking give an inch, they'll take a mile sort of thing.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#74 » by amcoolio » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:05 am

GM survey is out! Charlotte is one of two teams that didn't get votes for any category whatsoever.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#75 » by BlackOutBuzz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Curious to see more of these new heights come out. It's crazy to me that Bacon, Miles, PJ, MKG, and the Martins are all listed at 6'7."

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2021: Bouknight, Jones, Thor, Lewis

Protection on future 1st* (to NYK); 2nds
2022: 1-18; CHA (31-55), TOR 2 (55-60)
2023: 1-16; BOS (GH)
2024: 1-14; BOS (GH)
2025: 1-14; CHA (31-55)
*Becomes two 2nds if unconveyed
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#76 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:05 pm

amcoolio wrote:GM survey is out! Charlotte is one of two teams that didn't get votes for any category whatsoever.

Maybe most dysfunctional
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer

Post#77 » by Chapelchilla » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Zion is already hurt (knee) supposedly out several weeks. Hopefully he is back for the Hornets game on Nov 9. But, probably not. Not having him available to start the season is another kick in the Nats for the NBA right when they needed a lift.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#78 » by fatlever » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:50 pm

do not like that j brown deal. love the sabonis deal, but he still needs to be traded to a team where he isnt competing with myles for center mins.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by 316Hornets » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:07 pm

fatlever wrote:do not like that j brown deal. love the sabonis deal, but he still needs to be traded to a team where he isnt competing with myles for center mins.

Stats don't show it, but Brown is the type of guy that can take over a game. I think playing with Kyrie really took away some of his strengths. He has a great dribble drive and plays bigger than his size. I'd give him that contract without hesitating.

LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Post#80 » by LofJ » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:19 am

Mitch was smart to spend cap on Rozier. There is no one worth spending a lot of money on next summer that isn't restricted. If it had been legal to be a 2 year deal then I would have no problem whatsoever with Rozier's contract.

We could have easily been Atlanta with $70 million in cap space and no one to spend it on.

Return to Charlotte Hornets