ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Yankees Thread II (Alex Cora & AJ Hinch fired)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,915

Re: Official 2019 Yankees Thread II 

Post#1441 » by SelbyCobra » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Rich Rane wrote:So...who else is still angry?

Nah. Astros were the better team starting in Spring Training. Yankees had the chance to beat them but needed to be almost perfect and not regress. They did neither of those things and thus lost like they should have.

It's frustrating and sad that the season is over, but I'm not angry like I have been at other moments in my lifetime of Yankee fandom.

They just have to get better, and I suspect they will.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1442 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:08 pm

GEOLINK wrote:Get me Cole, Strasburg & Wheeler.

Cole
Strasburg
Severino
Wheeler
Tanaka

Is this a fantasy pitching staff because it's very doubtful that would happen.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1443 » by GEOLINK » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:25 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:

Cole
Strasburg
Severino
Wheeler
Tanaka

You trading Paxton?

Completely forgot about Pax.

Pax instead of Wheeler would be fine.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1444 » by GEOLINK » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:26 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:

Cole
Strasburg
Severino
Wheeler
Tanaka

Is this a fantasy pitching staff because it's very doubtful that would happen.

It's pretty much fantasy. We're not talking reality right now.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1445 » by GEOLINK » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:27 pm

Chapman's fastball was off which is why he went with the slider.

Apart of me hopes he opts out. I can't handle his inconsistency in big games.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1446 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:38 pm

Yeah I don’t think they should bring Chapman back. They have enough guys in bullpen mix to figure out a closer, and depth can be added through the system too. Plus they could really use his money to go after a starter.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#1447 » by DowNY » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:20 pm

Momentum shift for me was game 2 when Boone took Chad G out when he was feeling good. Didn’t even let him close the inning out. Put in a breaking ball pitcher in Ottavino to go against the Astros best breaking ball hitter. Ridiculous. A game that should’ve been ours. Then our offense went dead.

Edwin sucked. Gardy sucked. Sanchez sucked. Stanton should’ve played more. Stupid decisions all around.
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#1448 » by Apples » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:40 pm

My rotation:

Cole
Severino
Paxton
Tanaka
Montgomery/German/Deivi Garcia (when he's ready)

My lineup:

2B LeMahiue
RF Judge
SS Torres
DH Stanton (unfortunately we're stuck with that contract)
1B Voit
3B Andujar
C Sanchez
CF Hicks
LF Tauchman
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#1449 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:11 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:

Nah. Astros were the better team starting in Spring Training. Yankees had the chance to beat them but needed to be almost perfect and not regress. They did neither of those things and thus lost like they should have.

It's frustrating and sad that the season is over, but I'm not angry like I have been at other moments in my lifetime of Yankee fandom.

they really weren't... Most numbers point to us being the better team throughout that series. We never could get the big hit after Game 1. It's frustrating but it is what it is. Chase Lindor and Cole and run it back.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#1450 » by Papi_swav » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:00 am

Apples wrote:My rotation:

Cole
Severino
Paxton
Tanaka

My lineup:

2B LeMahiue
RF Judge
SS Torres
1B Voit
3B Andujar
C Sanchez
CF Hicks
LF Tauchman

Cole
Sevy
Pax
Tanaka
German etc..

2B DJ
RF Judge
SS Torres
LF Stanton
1B Voit
DH Andujar
C Sanchez
3B Urshela
CF Hicks

Andujar has to prove he can field before I put him out there over Urshela and Urshela had a great year plus a solid playoffs. we need to find some LH hitters and more contact hitters, Andujar would help with the contact hitting and I trust him as a DH. I love Didi but I'm not giving him a big extension because the guy we need is Lindor. Maybe we can sign Didi and trade him later though.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,625

Post#1451 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:45 am

GEOLINK wrote:Chapman's fastball was off which is why he went with the slider.

Welcome to the world the rest of us live in. Fact is you and all of Yankees fandom is spoiled by the The Magnificent Mariano Rivera. Who wouldn't be? But if you think you're going to go out and get someone to replace Mariano, that's not going to happen unless you just get lucky.

As for your starting rotation fantasy (great rotation, btw! :lol: ), while I do think you do need to add another solid starter, you don't need all three. I was in driving around a lot today so I listened to a little bit of Francesa and caught him talking about the series and I agree with him (one of the TV analysts mentioned the same thing) that it wasn't the starting pitching that lost you the series. It was execution; doing the little things; fielding; etc.
Free Palestine
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,127

Post#1452 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:54 am

Cole
Strasburg
Severino
Wheeler
Tanaka

Hells yea lol. I'm alright removing Wheeler, given that playoff rotations are only 4 people. Someone's bound to get hurt though
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1453 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:19 am

Cole
Severino
Paxton
Tanaka

My lineup:

2B LeMahiue
RF Judge
SS Torres
1B Voit
3B Andujar
C Sanchez
CF Hicks
LF Tauchman

It’s gonna be a popular debate this offseason but I’d rather go with Urshela than Andújar. Dude has a ++ glove. One guy keeps runs off the scoreboard, the other causes them.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1454 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:21 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Welcome to the world the rest of us live in. Fact is you and all of Yankees fandom is spoiled by the The Magnificent Mariano Rivera. Who wouldn't be? But if you think you're going to go out and get someone to replace Mariano, that's not going to happen unless you just get lucky.

As for your starting rotation fantasy (great rotation, btw! :lol: ), while I do think you do need to add another solid starter, you don't need all three. I was in driving around a lot today so I listened to a little bit of Francesa and caught him talking about the series and I agree with him (one of the TV analysts mentioned the same thing) that it wasn't the starting pitching that lost you the series. It was execution; doing the little things; fielding; etc.

I feel Andrew Miller was near Mo level but teams started overusing him.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1455 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:37 am

Papi_swav wrote:

Cole
Severino
Paxton
Tanaka

My lineup:

2B LeMahiue
RF Judge
SS Torres
1B Voit
3B Andujar
C Sanchez
CF Hicks
LF Tauchman

Cole
Sevy
Pax
Tanaka
German etc..

2B DJ
RF Judge
SS Torres
LF Stanton
1B Voit
DH Andujar
C Sanchez
3B Urshela
CF Hicks

Andujar has to prove he can field before I put him out there over Urshela and Urshela had a great year plus a solid playoffs. we need to find some LH hitters and more contact hitters, Andujar would help with the contact hitting and I trust him as a DH. I love Didi but I'm not giving him a big extension because the guy we need is Lindor. Maybe we can sign Didi and trade him later though.

Andújar is in a tough spot for both him and the team. He’s young so it’s difficult to park him at DH when you have guys like Stanton and Sanchez (who I feel should be traded if possible) on the team. I would think ideally Yankees have Stanton in mind for DH if they can keep his glass body intact. A backup guy who can only play third (don’t believe he can play anywhere else) is pretty limiting too but trading Andujar coming off an entire missed season will be tough unless they don’t mind trading him for scraps.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1456 » by GEOLINK » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:50 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

I mean Chapman is still miles better than Edwin Diaz, that's for damn sure.

Nobody is touching Mo, I understand that, I'm not asking for Chapman to be Mo.

As for my fantasy rotation, I could've easily listed DeGrom or Syndergaard to troll you. :P

I just want Hal to spend on pitching since Cash loves to hoard his prospects.

Surprisingly, it wasn't the SP that lost the series, I agree there. What lost us the series was not being able to capitalize on RISP opportunities. Rushing Gary & Edwin back did hurt us as well. The pitching was more than you could ask for, they kept us in the game, even when Boone had to overuse Green/Kahnle/Britton. Their aggressive approach change did them no favors either.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1457 » by GEOLINK » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:53 pm

knicksh20b wrote:

Cole
Strasburg
Severino
Wheeler
Tanaka

Hells yea lol. I'm alright removing Wheeler, given that playoff rotations are only 4 people. Someone's bound to get hurt though

Yeah, I completely forgot about Paxton. Wheeler isn't really needed anyway but it would be nice to get Cole. And Strasburg as the cherry on top.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1458 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:47 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

they really weren't... Most numbers point to us being the better team throughout that series. We never could get the big hit after Game 1. It's frustrating but it is what it is. Chase Lindor and Cole and run it back.

Fair point but the better team doesn’t always win. The Yankees failed to execute in key spots ultimately.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1459 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:48 pm

I like Chapman. He’s still a beast but it’s tough to make the argument to spend all that money to keep him. The money could definitely be better served elsewhere.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#1460 » by Papi_swav » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:19 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:

Cole
Severino
Paxton
Tanaka

My lineup:

2B LeMahiue
RF Judge
SS Torres
1B Voit
3B Andujar
C Sanchez
CF Hicks
LF Tauchman

Cole
Sevy
Pax
Tanaka
German etc..

2B DJ
RF Judge
SS Torres
LF Stanton
1B Voit
DH Andujar
C Sanchez
3B Urshela
CF Hicks

Andújar is in a tough spot for both him and the team. He’s young so it’s difficult to park him at DH when you have guys like Stanton and Sanchez (who I feel should be traded if possible) on the team. I would think ideally Yankees have Stanton in mind for DH if they can keep his glass body intact. A backup guy who can only play third (don’t believe he can play anywhere else) is pretty limiting too but trading Andujar coming off an entire missed season will be tough unless they don’t mind trading him for scraps.

I don't think trading Andujar would be smart now. Get his stats up and package him if we can get a pitcher in return is my opinion. Urshela played 3B better than we can imagine, I don't Andujar ever being as good as a fielder. Now that EE is gone we can definitely user Andujar at DH on most days. But we need some LH contact hitters. Going to be an interesting off season to say the least .

Return to New York Knicks