Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

mkwest Retires As Moderator! 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:32 am

RealGM L.A. Clippers Users,

I am here to announce the Retirement of one of the most influential people our L.A. Clippers Forum has ever had.

RealGM L.A. Clippers Senior Moderator mkwest is retiring as a Moderator.

Mkwest has served many years as a Moderator and then the Senior Moderator of our L.A. Clippers Forum. Over those years, he has always started topics to keep discussion going and be the Leader on this Forum.

It is no surprise that he has some exciting opportunities in his non-cyber life and thus has decided to step back from moderating.

I've told him the door is open to return at anytime even if he wants to return just for The Playoffs or maybe even The NBA Finals. Thankfully, he has told me he will continue to be active as a poster. :D I do wish him nothing but the best.

I want to thank mkwest for his great service to this Forum and ask everyone to join me in doing so.

Thank you mkwest!
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Re: mkwest Retires As Moderator! 

Post#2 » by Forte IV » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:20 pm

Farewell sweet prince. Best of luck to you mk!
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#3 » by Dynamix » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:16 pm

First Ralph Lawler, now MK. It's been a tough year. Godspeed!
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#4 » by nickhx2 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:11 pm

sad to hear, but wish the best!

one of the best mods in any community i've ever been a part of. really helped make this forum a place i wanted to visit every day.
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#5 » by illastrate » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:50 pm

Thanks for everything, mkwest! You were a great moderator providing us with timely content all the time. Good luck with everything!
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#6 » by QRich3 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:23 am

End of an era indeed. I've only known this place with Mk and numba2 as moderators, and now that they're both gone, something's gonna feel missing. Hopefully we'll still read you here on the regular, and best of luck with your new endeavors!
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#7 » by TheNewEra » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Everyone leaving when we are actually good lol
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,691

Post#8 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:20 pm

Wow, you've been absolutely awesome and it's sad to see you go, but best wishes on your new endeavors!!!!
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#9 » by playaloc916 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:50 pm

Good luck MK, it will be weird not seeing you assert your authority on the occasional troll that wanders to our board and tries to stir up stuff... People have come and gone, but MK was one of the dudes that was always here, through the good and the bad, always posting pics and other interesting things... All the best bruh!
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#10 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:31 pm

RIP
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#11 » by donemilio21 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Thank you for your service! We've had a great forum over the last decade, you are a big reason why.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#12 » by mkwest » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:56 am

Thanks everyone for the kind words! :D

I've enjoyed sharing in the ups and downs of this team with you guys over the years. I think my first full season as a mod was the year with Thornton, Kaman 2.0, Fazekas, Dickau and Frahm. So even in spite of some of the recent heartbreaks, things are way up. Hopefully the best is right around the corner.

Growing up as a Clipper fan in SoCal, you stick out like a sore thumb. Pat summed it up pretty nicely...

So having like-minded people to talk about and root for this team with has been fun. I'm not totally leaving. I'm still going to be active. :)

mttwlsn16 wrote:RIP

:o
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#13 » by Neddy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:48 am

damn, you retiring? it feels like yesterday when you welcomed me and my little refugees from another site some years ago. thank you for everything you have done. I myself have been going thru a lot lately, but I will never forget how great of a mod you have been. dare I say the best I have ever had, myself included when i was a mod elsewhere before coming here. you are the best, MKWest. enjoy your retirement from here and focus on whatever it is you have your eyes set brah. congrats.
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#14 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:49 am

Neddy wrote:damn, you retiring? it feels like yesterday when you welcomed me and my little refugees from another site some years ago. thank you for everything you have done. I myself have been going thru a lot lately, but I will never forget how great of a mod you have been. dare I say the best I have ever had, myself included when i was a mod elsewhere before coming here. you are the best, MKWest. enjoy your retirement from here and focus on whatever it is you have your eyes set brah. congrats.
Glad to see you're alive lol
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#15 » by Neddy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:50 am

hey there little bro, don't wanna ruin this thread, so I will hit you up privately. hope all is well including your second child. but come on dude, RIP? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ehhhhh f it.
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior
And1: 147

Post#16 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:47 am

mkwest wrote:Thanks everyone for the kind words! :D

I've enjoyed sharing in the ups and downs of this team with you guys over the years. I think my first full season as a mod was the year with Thornton, Kaman 2.0, Fazekas, Dickau and Frahm. So even in spite of some of the recent heartbreaks, things are way up. Hopefully the best is right around the corner.

Growing up as a Clipper fan in SoCal, you stick out like a sore thumb. Pat summed it up pretty nicely...

So having like-minded people to talk about and root for this team with has been fun. I'm not totally leaving. I'm still going to be active. :)

Enjoy retirement, brother!! Thanks for all the contribution through the years.

Are you on social media (IG, Fb, Twitter)? Le'ts connect there. GO CLIPPERS!! 8-)
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#17 » by mttwlsn16 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:54 am

Shaliq wrote:
mkwest wrote:Thanks everyone for the kind words! :D

Enjoy retirement, brother!! Thanks for all the contribution through the years.

Are you on social media (IG, Fb, Twitter)? Le'ts connect there. GO CLIPPERS!! 8-)
You can find him on grindr

Return to Los Angeles Clippers