ImageImage

Media Thread - Nehm with new podcast - page 11

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Re: Media Thread - Nehm with new podcast - page 11 

Post#221 » by blazza18 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:26 am

blazza18 wrote:Not sure on the appeal of a podcast with Eric and a non Bucks fan? And behind a paywall?

So first episode in and it really sounds like the dude has no idea how the Bucks work. Not sure he knows Bledsoe is/was injured. Wants Giannis to defend Harden..
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,128

Post#222 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:48 am

Man a lot has changed. Sad to lose Katie, and splitting up Eric from Frank. Novak is fine, he's like a young Mr. Rodgers, really good at calming you down, and helping you fall asleep.
#FreeChuckDiesel
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#223 » by DavidDunn21 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:50 am

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#224 » by crkone » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:33 pm

blazza18 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Not sure on the appeal of a podcast with Eric and a non Bucks fan? And behind a paywall?

So first episode in and it really sounds like the dude has no idea how the Bucks work. Not sure he knows Bledsoe is/was injured. Wants Giannis to defend Harden..

Thank you. I just needed some sort of review to confirm my biases as to how well this will go.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,950

Post#225 » by Siefer » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm

I like Nehm, but Frank was always the core appeal of LoB, so he's on the wrong side of this split. Regardless of a potential content downgrade, a paywall on a podcast, even in part, feels like self-sabotage.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#226 » by DavidDunn21 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:16 pm

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:In an ideal state, SE WI consolidates their sports talk radio to one station.

6am to 9pm, all local stuff.

What's your line-up?

6:00 - 8:00 - Bart Winkler and Brian Dee
8:00 - 10:00 - Wilde and Tausch
10:00 - 1:00 - Needles, Ted Davis and Armen
1:00 - 3:00 - Nehm and Pratik Patel
3:00 - 6:00 - Homer and Gabe
6:00 - 9:00 - Drew Olsen and Greg Matsik

I don't listen to local radio like that, but in my mind a single pod with Frank and Eric + Adam with Jordan would be awesome if produced by someone with my sensibilities. All the pod talent is spread too thin. Nobody wants to disagree about anything or talk about non-sports topics occasionally. And obviously I wish Czabe and Bob and Brian didn't divorce
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,618

Post#227 » by Gianstoppable » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:05 am

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:In an ideal state, SE WI consolidates their sports talk radio to one station.

6am to 9pm, all local stuff.

What's your line-up?

6:00 - 8:00 - Bart Winkler and Brian Dee
8:00 - 10:00 - Wilde and Tausch
10:00 - 1:00 - Needles, Ted Davis and Armen
1:00 - 3:00 - Nehm and Pratik Patel
3:00 - 6:00 - Homer and Gabe
6:00 - 9:00 - Drew Olsen and Greg Matsik

Dan Needles is such a weenie, IMO. But this looks pretty good otherwise
#FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#228 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:04 pm

Gery is no longer affiliated with WSSP

Gery Woelfel
@GeryWoelfel
·
4m
A hearty thanks to all the wonderful people who I met and worked with in the last 14 yrs at WSSP, especially Chip Ramsey, the station's 1st PD, and Steve Fifer and Chuck Freimund, two consummate pros whose support/friendship will always be remembered. All the best, to the best.

Yeah, he went a bit loco over the past two years. Can't defend that. But he would work to break stuff, which the other local guys are hesitant to do. And he was always entertaining, which is half the job anyways.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#229 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:53 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Gery is no longer affiliated with WSSP

Gery Woelfel
@GeryWoelfel
·
4m
A hearty thanks to all the wonderful people who I met and worked with in the last 14 yrs at WSSP, especially Chip Ramsey, the station's 1st PD, and Steve Fifer and Chuck Freimund, two consummate pros whose support/friendship will always be remembered. All the best, to the best.

Yeah, he went a bit loco over the past two years. Can't defend that. But he would work to break stuff, which the other local guys are hesitant to do. And he was always entertaining, which is half the job anyways.

Woelfel was compromising WSSP relationship with the Bucks and their access. Shocked WSSP let Woelfel go as long as he did.

Gery no longer has a press pass with the Bucks either.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#230 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:06 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Gery no longer has a press pass with the Bucks either.

Guess I see both sides here. On one hand, the Bucks shouldn't be afraid to give Woelfel a press pass. He's been a fixture of real reporting on the team for two decades now. And at times, the only guy doing any pro-active reporting on the team.

On the other hand, I'm not really understanding the personal meltdown he's had. He's said a number of things that don't even make sense, literally taking crazy outlier opinions, simply to be "against" the team. This is time where he should be relishing their fantastic competitive situation, complimenting the team where appropriate and reporting where appropriate. I mean there really isn't anything to complain about going on with the club right now. 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#231 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:22 pm

LoB is the only pod I subscribe to. I like Frank and thought Nehm was good too. I'll give Kane a shot and stick with LoB.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#232 » by SkilesTheLimit » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:38 pm

Nobody should be defending Woelfel. He did this all to himself.

He had repeated behavioral patterns that would baffle me such as having a fascination and fall-in-love relationship with players who were nice to him or had family sources who would give him inside info (see: Brandon Knight and Jabari Parker). He would also hate on Giannis to be that one person in MKE to take on the “Skip Bayless” role. Recall the: Caron Butler told me if he can’t score in practice how can Giannis do it in a real game?

Then he really nose-dived when he blocked everyone and their mother on Twitter who dissented in any way and even went as far as to block @bucks official account.

Having said all that, my biggest knock on Woelfel was for all the many decades of basketball he watched up close and in-person, how ignorant he was to the game. Maybe he just went to socialize with fellow writers and enjoy the free pregame meal in the media room, but this was a guy in the last year or two who still judged Defense by how many rebounds a guy got and quality of a player on PPGZ. The game passed him by. Mostly because he was too lazy to do his homework and adapt.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,011

Post#233 » by MVP2110 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:53 pm

Did he really block the Bucks actual twitter account?
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#234 » by ClassicJack » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:29 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Did he really block the Bucks actual twitter account?

Yes.

Read on Twitter
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Re: Media Thread - Nehm leaving LOB, Kane in, pg 10 

Post#235 » by kid idioteque » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:50 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm not a Kane fan at all.

His accent is beautiful and Nehm is bad. So I'll take it.
kid idioteque
Analyst

Post#236 » by kid idioteque » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:54 am

Siefer wrote:I like Nehm, but Frank was always the core appeal of LoB, so he's on the wrong side of this split. Regardless of a potential content downgrade, a paywall on a podcast, even in part, feels like self-sabotage.

How could anyone like Eric Nehm?
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#237 » by MrHoneycutt » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:55 am

Kane seems like an all-right dude, but he got pretty self-righteous on twitter with anyone who dared to question why some might have some hesitancy to give Middleton that contract (Nehm was a big offender in this regard too, put me off the both of them. Also he kinda looks like Baby Huey).
kid idioteque
Analyst

Post#238 » by kid idioteque » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:57 am

ClassicJack wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:Did he really block the Bucks actual twitter account?

Yes.

Read on Twitter

I make fun of the Bucks Twitter account sometimes but this was a great moment.
kid idioteque
Analyst

Post#239 » by kid idioteque » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:58 am

MrHoneycutt wrote:Kane seems like an all-right dude, but he got pretty self-righteous on twitter with anyone who dared to question why some might have some hesitancy to give Middleton that contract (Nehm was a big offender in this regard too, put me off the both of them. Also he kinda looks like Baby Huey).

Nehm was the prime offender when it came to the "Giannis will leave if we don't retain Middleton" narrative. F*** him.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#240 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:45 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Gery is no longer affiliated with WSSP

Gery Woelfel
@GeryWoelfel
·
4m

If Gery is reporting this, there is an 18% chance it's true.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks