Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,191

NBA Trade Thread 

Post#1 » by HomoSapien » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:47 am

Continuing the discussion here:

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Heat fans on the trade board like Felicio for Waiters. Waiters is a disgruntled wing, maybe he can fill in at the backup small forward spot?

Miami gets under the cap with this move and saves 4.5 million a a year for two years. Bulls take the risk of Dions personality, but get some competence behind OPJ.

It's good value from a talent perspective, but Waiters is a fairly undersized player (a chunky 6'4"). I've wanted to gamble on him in the past, but not anymore. We have Coby as our bench gunner.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by logical_art » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:55 am

No to Waiters. Bulls are trying to build a winning culture. Plus we don't need another guard.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#3 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:27 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Continuing the discussion here:

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Heat fans on the trade board like Felicio for Waiters. Waiters is a disgruntled wing, maybe he can fill in at the backup small forward spot?

Miami gets under the cap with this move and saves 4.5 million a a year for two years. Bulls take the risk of Dions personality, but get some competence behind OPJ.

It's good value from a talent perspective, but Waiters is a fairly undersized player (a chunky 6'4"). I've wanted to gamble on him in the past, but not anymore. We have Coby as our bench gunner.

First of all I don't think Miami would pull the trigger on that but I know I certainly would. But I just can't stand watching Felicio. I so badly want to say "bye felicio "
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#4 » by sco » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:39 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:

First of all I don't think Miami would pull the trigger on that but I know I certainly would. But I just can't stand watching Felicio. I so badly want to say "bye felicio "

Well, at least Felicio is pushed back further in the rotation this season. I gotta admit we need him this season if we switch to tanking - it's good to have a RPM guy of -20 in your pocket. Also, he may actually be tradeable as an expiring starting this offseason.
:clap:
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,350

Post#5 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:25 pm

sco wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:

Well, at least Felicio is pushed back further in the rotation this season. I gotta admit we need him this season if we switch to tanking - it's good to have a RPM guy of -20 in your pocket. Also, he may actually be tradeable as an expiring starting this offseason.

The Bulls couldn’t successfully tank when they tried. No way they attempt it this year. Salary match is Felicio’s only value.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,258

Post#6 » by kodo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:37 pm

Expiring contracts only have value if you take worse contracts back, do people really want someone even worse than Felico on this roster making more money?
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,880

Post#7 » by bledredwine » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:05 pm

Am I crazy in thinking that we have a great shot at Davis and Giannis?
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

Post#8 » by gardenofsound » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:19 pm

[instagram][/instagram]
bledredwine wrote:Am I crazy in thinking that we have a great shot at Davis and Giannis?

Davis AND Giannis? Definitely crazy, in large part because salary cap.
Davis OR Giannis?

Probably also yes, unless the Bulls can really show out and come up with HCA in the playoffs. I think this is highly unlikely, but not impossible.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#9 » by sco » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:03 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/demar-derozan-spurs-reportedly-nowhere-203133335.html

According to the latest rumbles, San Antonio and DeRozan aren’t particularly close to a deal. But there is no looming deadline for veteran extensions like DeRozan’s — extension talks can go all the way up to June 30 as opposed to Monday’s deadline for rookie-scale deals — and the Spurs have lots to think about here.The Spurs would prefer to do a short-term extension if they grant one, given DeRozan’s age (30) and the fact that they have some good guards in the program (Derrick White, Dejounte Murray, Bryn Forbes and Lonnie Walker IV) who are likely to only keep expanding their roles. DeRozan undoubtedly wants a longer-term extension in exchange for sacrificing his free agency.

Otto for DeRozan?
:clap:
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,732

Post#10 » by dougthonus » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:16 pm

sco wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/demar-derozan-spurs-reportedly-nowhere-203133335.html

According to the latest rumbles, San Antonio and DeRozan aren’t particularly close to a deal. But there is no looming deadline for veteran extensions like DeRozan’s — extension talks can go all the way up to June 30 as opposed to Monday’s deadline for rookie-scale deals — and the Spurs have lots to think about here.The Spurs would prefer to do a short-term extension if they grant one, given DeRozan’s age (30) and the fact that they have some good guards in the program (Derrick White, Dejounte Murray, Bryn Forbes and Lonnie Walker IV) who are likely to only keep expanding their roles. DeRozan undoubtedly wants a longer-term extension in exchange for sacrificing his free agency.

Otto for DeRozan?

Probably a trade both teams say no to, but it would be interesting for both sides. If San Antonio feels Murray is ready to take the next step then getting DeRozan out of his way might be helpful. DeRozan isn't a natural complement to the Bulls roster, but his total talent would help them and probably make them a playoff team. Not sure the Bulls would want to go long term on DeRozan at this age either though.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Peelboy
Starter
And1: 1,009

Post#11 » by Peelboy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:20 pm

Pipe dream: Lakers struggle (dominate when LeBron and AD are both on floor, collapse without both and result is both get worn down). Bulls play particularly well in the first half. AD gets disgruntled thinking of no flexibility, aging LeBron and not committing to LA.

Bulls offer: Lauri, White, Hutch, Dunn, Gafford, Felicio, 2020FRP, 2022FRP for AD, JaVale, KCP (both of whom have POs for 2020-21). LeBron gets shooters, rebounder in Gafford and a flier on Dunn to go with picks, which if AD is bolting is a pretty good return.

Bulls roll with:
PG: Sato/Arci
SG: Zach/KCP/Shaq
SF: Otto/KCP
PF: AD/WCJ/JaVale
C: WCJ/Kornet/Javale

Profit
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,350

Post#12 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:28 pm

Peelboy wrote:Pipe dream: Lakers struggle (dominate when LeBron and AD are both on floor, collapse without both and result is both get worn down). Bulls play particularly well in the first half. AD gets disgruntled thinking of no flexibility, aging LeBron and not committing to LA.

Bulls offer: Lauri, White, Hutch, Dunn, Gafford, Felicio, 2020FRP, 2022FRP for AD, JaVale, KCP (both of whom have POs for 2020-21). LeBron gets shooters, rebounder in Gafford and a flier on Dunn to go with picks, which if AD is bolting is a pretty good return.

Bulls roll with:
PG: Sato/Arci
SG: Zach/KCP/Shaq
SF: Otto/KCP
PF: AD/WCJ/JaVale
C: WCJ/Kornet/Javale

Profit

Why give up all of that. AD has to want to sign here so no reason to trade for him really... he can walk if he wants to sign so be it but no reason to gut the team. Maybe make a trade just to free up salary
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#13 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:43 am

I just finished the game so....

trade the whole dam team

trade for Ian miller, with the long hair and the dry toast family.

edit:

I had a shot of tequila I feel better now, disregard.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#14 » by Rose2Boozer » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:50 am

I wonder if the Grizzlies would be interested in trading Josh Jackson for Kris Dunn.
ROLES & HOLES
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#15 » by GimmeDat » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:03 pm

Otto > DeRozan
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,231

Post#16 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:10 am

If Zachs defense continues to look like yesterday, what about him for Derozen?
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,000

Post#17 » by Chi town » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:29 pm

Should trade for Mikal Bridges. He’d be great coming off the bench.

Hutch and a 2nd.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#18 » by Pax for Prez » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:21 pm

Chi town wrote:Should trade for Mikal Bridges. He’d be great coming off the bench.

Hutch and a 2nd.

Phoenix will not do that deal.

Pax
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,000

Post#19 » by Chi town » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:14 pm

Pax for Prez wrote:
Chi town wrote:Should trade for Mikal Bridges. He’d be great coming off the bench.

Hutch and a 2nd.

Pax

They may if Mikal is still getting 12mpg.

Probably Hutch and Gafford would help them. Ayton missing 25 games hurts them big time.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,191

Post#20 » by HomoSapien » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:24 pm

Pax for Prez wrote:

Hutch and a 2nd.

Pax

They may not do that specific deal, but Bridges is clearly the odd man out. They just invested $30m into Oubre and the 11th pick into Cam Johnson. The also obviously have Booker taking the bulk of the minutes at the 2 and Tyler Johnson and Ty Jerome will get some PT there as well. Bridges wasn't particularly impressive last year and doesn't have much of an opportunity to improve this season. I think he's as expendable as they come.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.

Return to Chicago Bulls