ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Trade Deadline Thread - Lets Go!

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

2020 Trade Deadline Thread - Lets Go! 

Post#1 » by nzahir » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:17 am

I didn't see a thread for 2019-2020 trades (yes I know about the Dec 15th restriction for basically everyone) so I thought why not make one if I am allowed to.

Who are some low key targets that make sense?

Our biggest need last night was another playmaker who can get inside and create for himself and others. This was clear even with Rondo. Maybe Rondo is enough with Kuzma back too, but I am not sure, especially if we have to play Lebron with Rondo and AD.

Need a guy who can run pick and rolls and score.

Here are some names, many are underwhelming, but realistic. Some are underrated when looking at pick and roll efficiency as ball handler.

Reggie Jackson (KCP, Cook, Cook, Cousins to cut, and cash)
Dj Augustin (KCP, THT, 2nd, cash. I don't think its enough tbh)
Trey Burke (for troy daniels or cook, more spacing for them)
JJ barea (for troy daniels)
Schroder (for KCP, Cousins to cut, Daniels)
Patty Mills (KCP, Boogie to cut, 2nd)

Only way to get a much better guard would be to use Kuzma and I don't know if we do that this year.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Re: 2019-2020 Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#2 » by Slava » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:15 pm

Per TrueHoop podcast, Jackie MacMullan is adamant that Iggy will end up on the Lakers. She apparently spoke to 4 players who were all consistent on it.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#3 » by ROballer » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:31 pm

I also think it's a lock. I only hope he manages to come to terms on the buyout sooner rather than later, to build as much chemistry as possible going forward.

People mentioning the Clippers as a suitor are absolutely delusional. The guy will want to play, probably is content with a bench role as soon as he gets to close the game on the court, like he did with the Warriors.

When is he gonna do that when George gets back? I'll wait...

It's Bev/Lou/Kawhi/George/Harrell any day of the week.

With us he's not gonna start but he'll damn sure finish.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
zuju
Senior
And1: 119

Post#4 » by zuju » Sat Nov 2, 2019 7:31 am

Anyone interested in trading for DSJ or Markelle Fultz ?
What do we need to sacrifice to snap up one of them? who is easier to be obtained?
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#5 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sat Nov 2, 2019 12:44 pm

nzahir wrote:I didn't see a thread for 2019-2020 trades (yes I know about the Dec 15th restriction for basically everyone) so I thought why not make one if I am allowed to.

Who are some low key targets that make sense?

Our biggest need last night was another playmaker who can get inside and create for himself and others. This was clear even with Rondo. Maybe Rondo is enough with Kuzma back too, but I am not sure, especially if we have to play Lebron with Rondo and AD.

Need a guy who can run pick and rolls and score.

Here are some names, many are underwhelming, but realistic. Some are underrated when looking at pick and roll efficiency as ball handler.

Reggie Jackson (KCP, Cook, Cook, Cousins to cut, and cash)
Dj Augustin (KCP, THT, 2nd, cash. I don't think its enough tbh)
Trey Burke (for troy daniels or cook, more spacing for them)
JJ barea (for troy daniels)
Schroder (for KCP, Cousins to cut, Daniels)
Patty Mills (KCP, Boogie to cut, 2nd)

Only way to get a much better guard would be to use Kuzma and I don't know if we do that this year.

KCP has a No Trade Clause so these ideas would only have 1% chance of happening in reality. KCP right now is looking to win his first championship so I don't see him agreeing to be traded somewhere else.

Besides,who is the other Cook you would trade for Reggie Jackson to make this trade possible?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#6 » by zimpy27 » Sat Nov 2, 2019 5:14 pm

Why does KCP need to be traded again? I'd be looking to trade Bradley, McGee and Daniels at this point. But then again, it's way too early to think of trades.

"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#7 » by Landsberger » Sat Nov 2, 2019 5:38 pm

You trade KCP because he makes enough to actually get someone of value back. The play of Bradley and KCP last night defensively shows that those stats are misleading. I'd actually like to see Bradley get more minutes at the expense of KCP.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#8 » by Danny Darko » Sat Nov 2, 2019 5:39 pm

Just to set the stage on this thread (I myself just found this out about McGee)-

Both McGee and KCP have trade blockers
nzahir
RealGM

Post#9 » by nzahir » Sat Nov 2, 2019 5:51 pm

Danny Darko wrote:Just to set the stage on this thread (I myself just found this out about McGee)-

Yes I know

McGee maybe more accepting of one if he pouts about diminished role. Realizing he will look bad if he gets no real min, maybe wants to be elsewhere for future deals

Same for Kcp, or maybe Klutch threatens to drop him
nzahir
RealGM

Post#10 » by nzahir » Sun Nov 3, 2019 11:35 pm

Thoughts on IT coming back?

Smaller role now and looks healthier

Daniels/Cook + 2026 2nd 31-40 protected +cash for IT and filler (if cook, cut the guy)

If we get Iggy:

Main rotation come deep playoff time?

Avery/Green/Iggy/Lebron/AD
IT/KCP, Caruso, or Daniels/Kuzma/Dwight

No space for Rondo with that rotation

Can also start:
IT/Green/Lebron/AD/Dwight
Rondo?/Avery/Iggy/Kuzma

Maybe still have kcp or daniels
Countdown
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#11 » by Countdown » Wed Nov 6, 2019 10:41 pm

nzahir wrote:Thoughts on IT coming back?

Smaller role now and looks healthier

Daniels/Cook + 2026 2nd 31-40 protected +cash for IT and filler (if cook, cut the guy)

If we get Iggy:

Main rotation come deep playoff time?

Avery/Green/Iggy/Lebron/AD
IT/KCP, Caruso, or Daniels/Kuzma/Dwight

No space for Rondo with that rotation

Can also start:
IT/Green/Lebron/AD/Dwight
Rondo?/Avery/Iggy/Kuzma

Maybe still have kcp or daniels

I'd rather keep Cook at this point. He's a great shooter
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 440

Post#12 » by Doug_12 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:04 am

Not exactly a trade as he is an FA but I would love seeing Mbah a Moute to be added. His last stint with the Clippers was weird and unfortunate but he didn't play bad on those 4 games and he was a very important wing defender for the Rockets in 2017-18.

No one knows what really happened last year, maybe improper diagnosis of his knee soreness or something behind the scenes, but he didn't play after october and he only got a surgery in march. Anyways based on the reports from The Athletic his rehabilitation is completed and he has no problems.

He is still capable of defending most SFs and PFs - which is something we miss on our bench - and can make the occasional 3pt shot. Being 6'8 he has the ideal physical tools to guard bigger forwards like Kawhi or Giannis and while at this stage of his career he wouldn't be able to stop them, he would be guy who can be thrown on them.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#13 » by nzahir » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:45 am

Doug_12 wrote:Not exactly a trade as he is an FA but I would love seeing Mbah a Moute to be added. His last stint with the Clippers was weird and unfortunate but he didn't play bad on those 4 games and he was a very important wing defender for the Rockets in 2017-18.

No one knows what really happened last year, maybe improper diagnosis of his knee soreness or something behind the scenes, but he didn't play after october and he only got a surgery in march. Anyways based on the reports from The Athletic his rehabilitation is completed and he has no problems.

He is still capable of defending most SFs and PFs - which is something we miss on our bench - and can make the occasional 3pt shot. Being 6'8 he has the ideal physical tools to guard bigger forwards like Kawhi or Giannis and while at this stage of his career he wouldn't be able to stop them, he would be guy who can be thrown on them.

Rather have Iggy, so I'm still hopeful

4 clear issues on this team:

1) Need a defensive wing who can guard the top wings in the league for at least some moments. Clippers are the biggest problem there. Giannis is more of a big and while someone like Iggy can help, so will AD.

2) Need more shooting. Idk if this can really be fixed, may even get worse. Our of our rotation, the only good shooters we have our Green, Cook (who know his minutes with Rondo back), and maybe Daniels (has been awful and likely not in real rotation come playoffs). Others are avg or worse.

Idk how to really fix this problem either. I think a stretch 5 would help. Maybe replace Rondo with a backup pg who can also score. Maybe move Kuzma for a stretch wing and other asset. Bertans is a guy I would like a lot.

3) Starting C. Mcgee is awful, but Dwight off the bench gives us a Montrezl type of guy to dominate bench guys and be fresh. Stretch 5 would be nice

4) Backup pg atm or upgrade. Currently we don't have a guy who can play backup pg truly. Cook or Caruso need a true ballhandler, like Lebron, out there to even be playable on a consistent basis. Rondo will help our Offense, but likely hurt our defense and spacing gets even worse. An upgrade here would also be nice

Only assets we have:

Kuzma, THT, Future 2nds, Cook or Daniels (can have some value to a team like PHI).

Not much value. A guy like KCP or Mcgee can bring in another useless guy, but maybe a better fit. But the NTC hurts
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#14 » by stan francisco » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:03 am

We need Iggy this year.
We need to add Van Fleet next year.

KCP plus one of Daniels and Cook for Iggy. McGee can stay, we’ll need him to rim run to slow down Harden etc.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#15 » by zimpy27 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:26 pm

Derrick White would be perfect starting PG for this team.

It'd be worth giving up Kuzma and some other lesser pieces if it were possible. Don't think Spurs can keep both Murray and White together.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#16 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:53 pm

Danny Darko wrote:Just to set the stage on this thread (I myself just found this out about McGee)-

Is that trade clause for one year or both years?
Forum permissions