ImageImageImage

2019 season speculation including trade ideas

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Will Booker make the all-star team this year?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 77

Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Re: 2019 season speculation: 2 more days til season opener! 

Post#761 » by Crives » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:57 pm

NavLDO wrote:
Jarlaxle0204 wrote:Some things I'm really looking forward to this year:

Rubio winning Most Improved Player
Booker and Ayton making the all star team--...over Klay, McCollum, Harden and KAT, Jokic, Gobert, and AD (depending upon position listed)
Booker winning the 3 point competition......again
Making the playoffs and upsetting the Lakers in round 1--there are 10 West teams...minimum, more talented than the Suns this season
Monty getting coach of the year
Both rookies balling out
Shutting up the naysayers--...and this will NOT happen for many seasons to come, I'm afraid...

Oh, my friend...why do you continue to do this to yourself, haha...

I will give you the benefit of the doubt on some of those...but...

...and not that these can NOT happen, but when you factor the above, I just do not see those as a possibility--heck, we can;t even convince our own fans that Ayton is that good...and you think there's a chance to convince non-Suns fans??

But you know me, my enthusiasm for our dear team always wins out, so if even 1/3 of those come true, I will consider it a win for our season...

Everything Jar said is very possible... doesn’t mean its likely or guaranteed... that shouldn’t stop us from hoping.
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#762 » by NavLDO » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:22 pm

Crives wrote:
NavLDO wrote:

Booker and Ayton making the all star team--...over Klay, McCollum, Harden and KAT, Jokic, Gobert, and AD (depending upon position listed)
Making the playoffs and upsetting the Lakers in round 1--there are 10 West teams...minimum, more talented than the Suns this season
Both rookies balling out
Shutting up the naysayers--...and this will NOT happen for many seasons to come, I'm afraid...

...and not that these can NOT happen, but when you factor the above, I just do not see those as a possibility--heck, we can;t even convince our own fans that Ayton is that good...and you think there's a chance to convince non-Suns fans??

But you know me, my enthusiasm for our dear team always wins out, so if even 1/3 of those come true, I will consider it a win for our season...

Everything Jar said is very possible... doesn’t mean its likely or guaranteed... that shouldn’t stop us from hoping.

Did you even read my entire post???

"Hope" is one thing...

"Some things I'm really looking forward to this year..."
is another...of course I hope these all pan out, as I intimated in my response, but hey, let's try to argue and make something out of something I never said...

Hope?? Sure...a distinct possibility?? Likely not, which is all I really said...

...and Jarlaxle0204 and I share a lot of opinions on this forum; he and I have +1'd a lot of each others' posts...this was not a contentious opinion by me, and he will not see it as one, either...no need to get defensive...

...heck, what am I saying...this is the RealGM Suns forum, the epitome of defensive/attacking posts...
Crives
General Manager

Post#763 » by Crives » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:27 pm

NavLDO wrote:
Crives wrote:
NavLDO wrote:

Did you even read my entire post???

"Hope" is one thing...

"Some things I'm really looking forward to this year..."
is another...of course I hope these all pan out, as I intimated in my response, but hey, let's try to argue and make something out of something I never said...

Hope?? Sure...a distinct possibility?? Likely not, which is all I really said...

...and Jarlaxle0204 and I share a lot of opinions on this forum; he and I have +1'd a lot of each others' posts...this was not a contentious opinion by me, and he will not see it as one, either...no need to get defensive...

...heck, what am I saying...this is the RealGM Suns forum, the epitome of defensive/attacking posts...

Np.. I am just saying it’s possible.
Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,089

Re: 2019 season speculation: First 10 games, how many are the Suns winning (poll)? 

Post#764 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:19 pm

It's all possible but also highly unlikey. Just having some fun and trying to spread some positivity around here. :wink:
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,093

Re: 2019 season speculation: First 10 games, how many are the Suns winning (poll)? 

Post#765 » by Frank Lee » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:35 pm

You sure you didn’t mean ‘poo’sitivity ?
What ? Me Worry ?
Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,089

Post#766 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:44 pm

Frank Lee wrote:You sure you didn’t mean ‘poo’sitivity ?

:lol: You've seen through my ruse.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#767 » by bwgood77 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:12 pm

NavLDO wrote:

Both rookies balling out

Did you know Klay is out until AT LEAST the all star break? But you still have Harden, Westbook, Curry, Draymond Green (who I imagine a lot better season from now being part of a big 2), Kawhi, Paul George, LeBron, Porzingis, Aldridge, Lillard.

Then others trying to make it for the first time or just make it but probably a long shot like DeRozan, Chris Paul (not a long shot if he played and was healthy), but outside of that, Fox, Mitchell, Murray, Bagley, Doncic, Zion and McCollum as you mentioned.

It will just be very tough.

Booker has a chance if we are good, because of his cred and respect among players and some coaches. Ayton has it tough with Jokic, KAT, AD, etc, plus just being young. Gobert would likely make it before he does.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#768 » by bwgood77 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Personally I MUCH MUCH MUCH more hope that we are good and competitive and give ourselves some positive motivation as a team, and see internal improvement from the players and the team than players getting individual all star nods and stuff.
Crives
General Manager

Post#769 » by Crives » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:54 pm

Watching AD brick mid range shot at after shot made me happy last night.... Ayton mid range is awesome.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#770 » by bwoolf2 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:32 am

I know its just one game and I feel a little bad because he got hurt again at the end of the game but we all knew that was inevitable but it was a typical TJ Warren game 10 points 1 rebound and no assists in a loss to a bad Detroit team. I dont think we will miss him, good guy just not as a starter best as a 7th or 8th guy off the bench...
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#771 » by Wilber85 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:37 am

So far my thoughts

TJ Warren Sucks
PJ Washington will be a good basketball player !
Darius Garland ****GLAD WE Passed on him
Rozier ---- Dude is trash
Celtics - They aren't contenders
Lauri Markannen - Dude can play, I kinda like his game
Derrick Rose - Man, I am happy for him! Glad to see him still at it.
Brandon Clarke - Not going to lie, I thought he was trash. He is going to be a good spark , hustle, off the bench player. Not an all star, but a game changer.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#773 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:28 pm

matt131 wrote:https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/10/24/20929618/nba-preview-phoenix-suns-devin-booker-ricky-rubio-deandre-ayton

I love these articles but sometimes I wish they'd wait a couple games in, and hopefully we can knock off or be a tough game for Denver and the Clips. Last year I remember an interview with Booker saying people better watch out for us (after the opening Dallas game) but doesn't look great in hindsight.

I liked in Rubio's interview where they asked him about it and he said "It's one game, it doesn't mean anything, we need to move on." It's a long time since we probably had that type of player mindset.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#774 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:35 pm

And Ayton looked great. I had really been hoping he had been working on those defensive concepts and kept hearing he was a sponge which was encouraging, and I honestly thought he showed some good moments on D in some of the preseason games a times.

But I really wanted to see how he progressed with an offseason where many players make huge strides like Fox did. That is why I was really surprised to see people trashing him so much throughout the preseason, and not a ton here, but quite a bit in game threads.

Now I know there is overreaaction to the positive or negative with every game thread but it seemed odd in the preseason. And I was probably more surprised with all the polls about trading Ayton on Twitter....I even saw some last night.

So far it really appears he has learned a lot about defensive concepts, positioning, and help defense around the rim, and it is extremley encouraging. If he can get to a be up in the upper echelon here it would be huge. People like Gobert, Embiid, and even Drummond, who had a crazy 30/23/4/4 game or something last night.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#775 » by matt131 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:54 pm

Read on Twitter
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#776 » by MathiasPW » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:03 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/10/24/20929618/nba-preview-phoenix-suns-devin-booker-ricky-rubio-deandre-ayton

I love these articles but sometimes I wish they'd wait a couple games in, and hopefully we can knock off or be a tough game for Denver and the Clips. Last year I remember an interview with Booker saying people better watch out for us (after the opening Dallas game) but doesn't look great in hindsight.

I liked in Rubio's interview where they asked him about it and he said "It's one game, it doesn't mean anything, we need to move on." It's a long time since we probably had that type of player mindset.
I thought that article was written by someone who has never watched basketball nor the Suns, took a look at our boxscore last night and googled "DeAndre Ayton dunk" for 5 seconds before coming up with this.
Crives
General Manager

Post#777 » by Crives » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:25 pm

We just need to knock off one of the next 3 to stay at .5... going to learn a ton about this team really quick against Denver/Utah/Clippers...
Crives
General Manager

Post#778 » by Crives » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:28 pm

If Booker and Ayton continue to play defense... we shouldn’t expect to make the playoffs but we will have a real shot.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,909

Post#779 » by Fo-Real » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:50 pm

- TJ Warren needs to get more involved on offense. When he was involved, he showed some flashes. But he disappeared for much of the game.

Warren and Lamb are mainly scorers, who struggled to score tonight, so they can't make up for it defensively or in rebounding.

8-) Two quotes from Pacers fans after game one of the first season of Allstar Tj Warren.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,787

Post#780 » by TeamTragic » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:05 pm

Fo-Real wrote:- TJ Warren needs to get more involved on offense. When he was involved, he showed some flashes. But he disappeared for much of the game.

Warren and Lamb are mainly scorers, who struggled to score tonight, so they can't make up for it defensively or in rebounding.

8-) Two quotes from Pacers fans after game one of the first season of Allstar Tj Warren.

Return to Phoenix Suns