Image

Around the NBA: 2019-20 edition

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

User avatar
Jstock12
General Manager
Posts: 9,693
And1: 16,378
Joined: Jun 24, 2012

Re: NBA Off-season thread 

Post#161 » by Jstock12 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:38 pm

User avatar
Pacersike
Analyst
Posts: 3,199
And1: 778
Joined: Jun 10, 2007
Location: Belgium

Re: NBA Off-season thread 

Post#162 » by Pacersike » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:41 pm

Turner and Sabonis with good but unimpressive world cups.

Domas looking sharp and Myles looking confident.

Countdown till training camp :)
Tom White
Senior
Posts: 735
And1: 387
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: NBA Off-season thread 

Post#163 » by Tom White » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:24 pm

Pacersike wrote:Turner and Sabonis with good but unimpressive world cups.

Domas looking sharp and Myles looking confident.

Countdown till training camp :)


The World Cup team seemed to be doomed from the get-go. It was like almost none of the "stars" wanted to be a part of it. It is understandable to a degree, what with the season being so long, and then you include the playoffs. That, and I'm sure most players consider the Olympics to be much more important than the Cup.
User avatar
Pacersike
Analyst
Posts: 3,199
And1: 778
Joined: Jun 10, 2007
Location: Belgium

Re: NBA Off-season thread 

Post#164 » by Pacersike » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:25 am

Tom White wrote:
Pacersike wrote:Turner and Sabonis with good but unimpressive world cups.

Domas looking sharp and Myles looking confident.

Countdown till training camp :)


The World Cup team seemed to be doomed from the get-go. It was like almost none of the "stars" wanted to be a part of it. It is understandable to a degree, what with the season being so long, and then you include the playoffs. That, and I'm sure most players consider the Olympics to be much more important than the Cup.

Ya, it doesn't help the final games are so close to training camps and perhaps the place of it seems less inviting than other places...

Tokyo will likely host a much better team and if Turner can be a part of that team, that would be awesome.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
Posts: 2,726
And1: 2,555
Joined: Oct 06, 2016
   

Re: NBA Off-season thread 

Post#165 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Pacersike wrote:
Tom White wrote:
Pacersike wrote:Turner and Sabonis with good but unimpressive world cups.

Domas looking sharp and Myles looking confident.

Countdown till training camp :)


The World Cup team seemed to be doomed from the get-go. It was like almost none of the "stars" wanted to be a part of it. It is understandable to a degree, what with the season being so long, and then you include the playoffs. That, and I'm sure most players consider the Olympics to be much more important than the Cup.

Ya, it doesn't help the final games are so close to training camps and perhaps the place of it seems less inviting than other places...

Tokyo will likely host a much better team and if Turner can be a part of that team, that would be awesome.


Hey Ike. Hope you are well buddy! Long time no Pacers talk!
User avatar
Pacersike
Analyst
Posts: 3,199
And1: 778
Joined: Jun 10, 2007
Location: Belgium

Re: NBA Off-season thread 

Post#166 » by Pacersike » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:11 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:Hey Ike. Hope you are well buddy! Long time no Pacers talk!

Hey Freak, doing well, thanks. Been working on my communication and left hand typing skills this offseason :)

Hope you had a great summer and I'm looking forward towards fun Pacers conversations again.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 11,047
And1: 1,860
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: NBA Off-season thread 

Post#167 » by Wizop » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:09 pm

Not sure where to put this, but this article is worth reading.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2857739-the-pacers-circle-of-trust
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,162
And1: 170
Joined: May 27, 2007
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Around the NBA: Edition 2019-20 

Post#168 » by Grang33r » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:16 pm

PJ Washington made the most 3s ever in a debut last night i just heard on the radio, with 7.

Damn.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,162
And1: 170
Joined: May 27, 2007
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: NBA Off-season thread 

Post#169 » by Grang33r » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Wizop wrote:Not sure where to put this, but this article is worth reading.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2857739-the-pacers-circle-of-trust


This is a really good article. I just noticed it now tbh after coming up to post about PJ Washington. It reads indepth like something that would be in Slam magazine. Thanks for posting that. Hope people get to see it.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 11,047
And1: 1,860
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: Around the NBA: 2019-20 edition 

Post#170 » by Wizop » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:23 pm

User avatar
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 4,086
And1: 4,293
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
Location: Naptown
   

Re: Around the NBA: 2019-20 edition 

Post#171 » by boomershadow » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:24 pm

User avatar
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 4,086
And1: 4,293
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
Location: Naptown
   

Re: Around the NBA: 2019-20 edition 

Post#172 » by boomershadow » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:24 pm

User avatar
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,966
And1: 800
Joined: Jul 12, 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
   

Re: Around the NBA: 2019-20 edition 

Post#173 » by Jake0890 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:04 pm

Thankfully, the ASB is finally over. College basketball wasn't cutting it for me.
User avatar
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 4,086
And1: 4,293
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
Location: Naptown
   

Re: Around the NBA: 2019-20 edition 

Post#174 » by boomershadow » Mon May 18, 2020 11:02 pm

Looks like Bojan underwent season ending surgery. That's too bad. He was having a good year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,969
And1: 1,465
Joined: Oct 08, 2003
 

Re: Around the NBA: 2019-20 edition 

Post#175 » by winter_mute_13 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:48 pm

I guess this thread is due for a renaming.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260786/Paul-George-Clippers-Agree-To-Four-Year-$190M-Extension

In an alternate universe where PG never asked to be traded, the Pacers could have been the ones with the privilege of paying PG an average of $47.5m per season.
Tom White
Senior
Posts: 735
And1: 387
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: Around the NBA: 2019-20 edition 

Post#176 » by Tom White » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:32 pm

winter_mute_13 wrote:In an alternate universe where PG never asked to be traded, the Pacers could have been the ones with the privilege of paying PG an average of $47.5m per season.


I can't even imagine a world in which he is worth close to that kind of money. I really can't imagine any player being worth that kind of money, especially when you consider what that does to being able to build a team with the payroll caps, and trying to avoid huge luxury tax penalties.

It really has gotten crazy. Picture what he would get if he could hit a game winning shot.
User avatar
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 23,706
And1: 16,571
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Location: Australia
 

Re: Around the NBA: 2019-20 edition 

Post#177 » by GimmeDat » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:33 am

This is an obscure question, but I just spoke to Orlando Johnson this week.. I'm writing a piece on him.

What was your impression of him over the time he was in the NBA. Was the main reason he dropped out of the league injuries?
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,656
And1: 5,133
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Around the NBA: 2019-20 edition 

Post#178 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:16 am

GimmeDat wrote:This is an obscure question, but I just spoke to Orlando Johnson this week.. I'm writing a piece on him.

What was your impression of him over the time he was in the NBA. Was the main reason he dropped out of the league injuries?


He wasn’t very good when he did play. He was a guy that overworked his athletic abilities, if I recall, and in the league, he just couldn’t outwork everyone else. He was an older SG out of college that just wasn’t a great shooter overall, and was probably a bit stuck in between era’s he might’ve been successful. 5 years earlier and he wouldn’t shot well enough to get by, and 5 years later and he would’ve probably developed into a 3 point only gunner and done ok on high volume.

He was a super locker room guy. David West referred to him as “that guy” in the locker room and claims that the loss of OJ was what helped push that team to collapse (along with the loss of Granger in adding Evan Turner).

Also, looking back, he got a ton of playing time immediately for any 2nd rounder we’ve seen in the last 2 decades.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
Posts: 16,607
And1: 2,516
Joined: May 11, 2002
Location: Just outside of No where.
     

Re: Around the NBA: 2019-20 edition 

Post#179 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:08 pm

winter_mute_13 wrote:I guess this thread is due for a renaming.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260786/Paul-George-Clippers-Agree-To-Four-Year-$190M-Extension

In an alternate universe where PG never asked to be traded, the Pacers could have been the ones with the privilege of paying PG an average of $47.5m per season.

I'm glad it's the Clippers and not us. He's not worth that kind of money.

Return to Indiana Pacers