ImageImageImageImageImage

GM#3 Lakers vs Hornets 10/27 @9:30

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,288

Re: GM#3 Lakers vs Hornets 10/27 @9:30 

Post#141 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:07 pm

It amazes me how most fans here take so much value in made shots and spectacular blocks etc.
IMO, Dwight brought the same energy since game 1 while KCP struggled to make a shot.
The KCP is trash comment has died down after hitting a few shots but then again the guy was pretty good staying in front of his man since game 1, it's not his fault Kawhi was bigger and stronger than he is.
Green gets hailed for hitting 7-9 3's while great defense is being ignored. Barely anyone noticed how Caruso was good in rotating and deflecting passes etc.
About Lebron, he looked good attacking in the 2nd half and I think he knew that at 34, he must pick his spots bec he couldn't do it for 34 minutes.
Cafu
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#142 » by Cafu » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:30 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:It amazes me how most fans here take so much value in made shots and spectacular blocks etc.
IMO, Dwight brought the same energy since game 1 while KCP struggled to make a shot.
The KCP is trash comment has died down after hitting a few shots but then again the guy was pretty good staying in front of his man since game 1, it's not his fault Kawhi was bigger and stronger than he is.
Green gets hailed for hitting 7-9 3's while great defense is being ignored. Barely anyone noticed how Caruso was good in rotating and deflecting passes etc.
About Lebron, he looked good attacking in the 2nd half and I think he knew that at 34, he must pick his spots bec he couldn't do it for 34 minutes.

This is the nba you just can’t get credit for only trying.
We saw Dwight getting good position from the Clippers game and keep getting more comfortable and better as the last two games.
KCP was hot trash the 1st two games and he was hurting the team not only from Defending Kawhi.
And trust me, every Lakers bloggers out there taking note on Caruso ‘s every plays lol
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#143 » by iamworthy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:36 pm

If LeBron is going to play like he did in the first half then we need to start rondo.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#144 » by Kilroy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:01 pm

iamworthy wrote:If LeBron is going to play like he did in the first half then we need to start rondo.

Yep... I am still surprised he's set on playing full court PG... He's really slow bringing the ball up. We need Rondo or more of a Lonzo type 1 that can push the tempo and get him the ball in effective positions so he doesn't have to back his man down to the freaking 3pt line.

LeBron is a great passer. But he seems to take forever to initiate the offense in the half court too... Maybe it's because the guys don't know what they're doing yet, but we need some sets we can run that get guys moving and get us 'into our offense' a whole lot faster.

That said, in the playoffs, when things slow down and get chippy, this style of play may become really valuable.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#145 » by stan francisco » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:49 pm

Some of this will be remedied and more balanced once Kuz and Rondo are back. Rondo is an historically great passer and setup man, and he has good mojo with AD. This spells easy freebie buckets and less a work load for Bron.

Kuzma does exactly what Bron needs, he cuts extremely well off the ball, stretches the floor.

Our offense is high powered. We have enough scoring to win it all. It all comes down to defense. If we can hold opponents to around 95-100 points, we might not lose another game.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#146 » by stan francisco » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Missed the game, heard LBJ looked more engaged in this one, is that true?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#147 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:05 pm

Cafu wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:It amazes me how most fans here take so much value in made shots and spectacular blocks etc.

We saw Dwight getting good position from the Clippers game and keep getting more comfortable and better as the last two games.
KCP was hot trash the 1st two games and he was hurting the team not only from Defending Kawhi.
And trust me, every Lakers bloggers out there taking note on Caruso ‘s every plays lol

True but how many fans actually pointed to Cook's 8 assists adn 0 turnovers? Or Green's 3 steals and great defense vs Utah?
It's mostly who ever hit those shots and scored the actual points are the ones who get the most praise here.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#148 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Kilroy wrote:
iamworthy wrote:If LeBron is going to play like he did in the first half then we need to start rondo.

Yep... I am still surprised he's set on playing full court PG... He's really slow bringing the ball up. We need Rondo or more of a Lonzo type 1 that can push the tempo and get him the ball in effective positions so he doesn't have to back his man down to the freaking 3pt line.

LeBron is a great passer. But he seems to take forever to initiate the offense in the half court too... Maybe it's because the guys don't know what they're doing yet, but we need some sets we can run that get guys moving and get us 'into our offense' a whole lot faster.

That said, in the playoffs, when things slow down and get chippy, this style of play may become really valuable.

He is playing with 2 7-footers and Green who is more of a spot up shooter and you want him to push the tempo? Yes pushing the tempo can create easy baskets but they will usually not play with their full height advantage if they do that plus you would easily tire out JMG and AD doing that. Rondo can push the ball but he would be much better doing that from the bench along with faster guys like Daniels, Kuzma and maybe KCP IMO.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#149 » by SweetTouch » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:51 pm

First half is typical LBJ toying with youngstas

Y’all will learn

That’s how you go that long playing at his level. He was out there but in reality he was resting
Stop being so disrespectful.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#150 » by Kilroy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:59 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

He is playing with 2 7-footers and Green who is more of a spot up shooter and you want him to push the tempo? Yes pushing the tempo can create easy baskets but they will usually not play with their full height advantage if they do that plus you would easily tire out JMG and AD doing that. Rondo can push the ball but he would be much better doing that from the bench along with faster guys like Daniels, Kuzma and maybe KCP IMO.

Do you even understand who AD and McGee are?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,442

Post#151 » by toodles23 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:32 am

The Lakers had a 120 ORTG in the first half yesterday. If the Lakers maintained that over a full season (spoiler alert: they won't) it would be the best mark in league history by an enormous margin. Lebron's approach might have been boring but it worked very well for the team's offense overall - if the Lakers were actually struggling offensively criticism might be warranted but they were not.

The problem in the first half was entirely on the defensive end.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#152 » by iamworthy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:10 am

We were up by 1 at halftime.
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,442

Post#153 » by toodles23 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:08 am

iamworthy wrote:We were up by 1 at halftime.

Right, and the reason the Lakers were up 1 at halftime was because their offense was working so well that it was able to overcome their poor defense and the unsustainable hot shooting of the Hornets.

Again: they had a 120 ORTG at halftime, which is absolutely superb and has never been approached over the course of a full season (the all time record is 115.6 by the 1987 Lakers). The difference in the 2nd half was entirely on the defensive end.
Cafu
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#154 » by Cafu » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:07 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Cafu wrote:

True but how many fans actually pointed to Cook's 8 assists adn 0 turnovers? Or Green's 3 steals and great defense vs Utah?
It's mostly who ever hit those shots and scored the actual points are the ones who get the most praise here.

Green playing well on D is kind of like a given, so you will not hear a lots about it.
Cook was so bad on D in the 1st half, fouling left and right. Only his decent playmaking that helped him not to get bash lol
Trust me, we as fan on the long run will appreciate players that play decent defense.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#155 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:10 pm

Kilroy wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Do you even understand who AD and McGee are?

I don't know them personally but I have some understanding that McGee has asthma and he gets tired after 3-4 minutes running back and forth. He said he worked too hard last year that it exacerbated his respiratory condition that he had pneumonia which prevented him to play more games. Yes AD can run the break and they should run when there's real opportunities but the AD-JMG down low presents great size advantages for them to pound the ball inside and force the other team to react and adjust. Yes, there will be times when they had to pull out a center to play AD at the 5 but if they are there together IMO, it's beneficial to run their sets and test the defense, see if their other options are effective or not.
It is my opinion that the 34 yr old Lebron can't be ask to attack the basket and create at every possession, that is why they are trying him to facilitate and set up and utilize AD more so that James can somewhat save some energy and having to bang bodies with larger guys trying to protect the rim. James just like the last game was fresh and had the energy dominate Charlotte in the 2nd half unlike when he faced the Clippers.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#156 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:17 pm

Cafu wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
Cafu wrote:

Green playing well on D is kind of like a given, so you will not hear a lots about it.
Cook was so bad on D in the 1st half, fouling left and right. Only his decent playmaking that helped him not to get bash lol
Trust me, we as fan on the long run will appreciate players that play decent defense.

Ok Green's defense is a given but Cook's 8 assists and 0 turnovers were not. My comment is about the recent game threads when most fans just comment on players who had good shooting nights and barely on other facets like individual defense, rotations etc.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#157 » by iamworthy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:58 pm

LeBron had more turnovers than points in the first quarter and ended the half with 4 points and 3 Turnovers. Sure, he had 8 assist and 4 rebounds but again, I can have rondo do that.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers