Off Season Trades

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#181 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:00 am

ThunderBolt wrote:We should have went after Sabonis.

You mean kept him? I don't think Indy was fielding offers on him. OKC could have made a drastic overpay, but there was no reason to do that.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#182 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:23 am

This year would be a lot more exciting if Presti has traded Westbrook to Miami for Herro.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#183 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:05 am

ThunderBolt wrote:This year would be a lot more exciting if Presti has traded Westbrook to Miami for Herro.

It would have been better if he had traded him to Dallas for Luka or Denver for Jokic or a few other things that were as realistic as Herro. Miami wasn't trading Hero for Russ. They were offering garbage salary for Russ and nothing more. Presti got a great deal for Russ. He'll flip CP3 for more assets when he can.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#184 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:13 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:This year would be a lot more exciting if Presti has traded Westbrook to Miami for Herro.

It would have been better if he had traded him to Dallas for Luka or Denver for Jokic or a few other things that were as realistic as Herro. Miami wasn't trading Hero for Russ. They were offering garbage salary for Russ and nothing more. Presti got a great deal for Russ. He'll flip CP3 for more assets when he can.

Okc would have had to add Miami picks to get herro. That’s what I was asserting. Herro, who hadn’t played a single game didn’t have the value of Jokic or Doncic. You have some whack value for players.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#185 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:24 am

OKC would have had to add unrealistic value for Herro based on what Maimi's reporters were saying. What Miami reportedly wanted to include Herro was their picks back plus some of the LAC picks. Riley is a terrible GM. He got lucky that Shaq wanted to play in Miami and that Wade was able to recruit LeBron. Riley is terrible at cap management, drafting and his trades have mostly been bad. Miami has a very short window around Butler so adding Russ would have at least given the illusion they had a chance. Instead they'll be stuck in mediocrity for years.

Let's also not act like Herro is some guaranteed stud. Through 3 games he shot 38% from the field and 27% from 3.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#186 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:10 pm

The reports I heard was that Miami wanted both picks returned for CP3 not for russ. Okc was willing to include one pick to dump Cp3 but not both. I didn’t hear a clear package for russ from a reliable source. Maybe I missed it.

Personally I think the Miami thing was a complete smokescreen to get max leverage from Houston like presti did with Toronto and LAC. Presti was always going to give russ what he wanted.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#187 » by NYG » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:35 am

Would OKC add picks to CP3 and Andre Roberson for Wayne Ellington, Marcus Morris, Bobby Portis and Dennis Smith Jr.?
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#188 » by jambalaya » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:58 am

Presti would probably not.

But Sam should look at a super trade with Heat, Knicks, Hornets, maybe others. Would you take Dragic as part of the deal?

Of course there are hundreds, thousands of possible trades. If OKC and Miami can't do a simple trade, involving others is worth exploring.

I doubt the Knicks front office wants Paul and that is why you ask for picks. But I doubt Thunder has much interest in Portis or Morris. Although acquiring then trading Morris to Spurs might be cool. I was thinking Portis to Charlotte. OKC might go for Ellington, Ntilikina. Stuff from Hornets & Heat. Probably not going to get draft picks straight up but maybe a future one for Ntilikina. Any interest in Ferguson? Schroder?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#189 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 3, 2019 7:23 am

Read on Twitter

Portland really needs Gallo now.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder