ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1361 » by Jez2983 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:08 am

AussieBuck wrote:Don't know if any of you actually bought Giannis' shoe to wear while playing basketball but as someone who did I can say that they are fantastic.

So your ankle isn't rooted any more? Good stuff.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#1362 » by Jez2983 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:16 am

Also, on beer, it's all just cyclic. A not especially good style was Milkshake IPA. I like all IPAs but in moderation.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#1363 » by midranger » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:52 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Funny story from the other day. I was driving home from the gym, when an obnoxious driver in a Corvette slides behind my SUV on the highway. I'm in the right lane, less than half a mile from my exit, going about 63 in a 55. Still, I'm not going fast enough for this jerk. He tailgates me as I enter the John Nolen exit ramp, which is a loop that drops down to a 25mph speed limit that I take at about 30 mph. He's still tailgating me, flashing his lights.

Finally, when we get off the ramp, he wraps his car into the next lane and flies. I'm guessing he was going 65 in a 35.

I shake my head and keep going. But deep down, I'm a bit amused. This is one of the areas that is often crawling with cops set up in speed traps.

Two miles later, I see the flashing red and blue lights. It's a squad car. He's pulled over that ****. And I cackled as i drove by.

Something like this has happened only two times in my life, but I remember them both clear as day because they were both wonderful.

Yeah, this happened to me, except it involved copious amounts of snow and rather than being pulled over by the police, the suv was flipped over in a ditch.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#1364 » by crkone » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:58 pm

Jez2983 wrote:Also, on beer, it's all just cyclic. A not especially good style was Milkshake IPA. I like all IPAs but in moderation.

I've had both delicious milkshakes and awful adjunct-bomb garbage. Like anything in life, it's a case by case basis. My favorite local brewery has a sour IPA that is awesome. Super low IBUs and just enough tartness to compliment the sweet hops and not overpower them.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
JJstram84
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#1365 » by JJstram84 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:10 pm

Not sure if this is the place to put this or to start a separate thread. But does anybody play some pickup adult basketball in the milwaukee area? Havent played for awhile and looking for a regualar weekly game. Any suggestions appreciated. I live in west allis and work in Pewaukee so closer to that the better
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#1366 » by AussieBuck » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:23 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Don't know if any of you actually bought Giannis' shoe to wear while playing basketball but as someone who did I can say that they are fantastic.

So your ankle isn't rooted any more? Good stuff.

Non-leaping foot so it's good enough, should probably finish rehabbing it at some point. It's good enough for me to resume my standing as old suburban low grade Giannis. Made two game winners in the last 5 weeks. :)
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,096

Post#1367 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:31 am

I don't know if anyone bowls here, but I just got my first 200 of my life and I'm pretty **** proud of myself.

We play poker while we bowl - so you take 1 card for a spare and 2 for a strike and try to make the best poker hand - and I got a royal flush. First time I've ever seen one of those in any version of poker I've played.

Also I lost $100 on the Pacers ML so thats keeping me grounded which is good.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1368 » by trwi7 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:58 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:I don't know if anyone bowls here, but I just got my first 200 of my life and I'm pretty **** proud of myself.

We play poker while we bowl - so you take 1 card for a spare and 2 for a strike and try to make the best poker hand - and I got a royal flush. First time I've ever seen one of those in any version of poker I've played.

Also I lost $100 on the Pacers ML so thats keeping me grounded which is good.

I have a high of 106. Every time I get a strike I try to emulate (what I remember) from what I did for the strike. It never works.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1369 » by buckboy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:24 am

Bowled for the first time in 10 years about 2 months ago. Had a 235 my 2nd game. I have no idea how that happened.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1370 » by trwi7 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:34 am

buckboy wrote:Bowled for the first time in 10 years about 2 months ago. Had a 235 my 2nd game. I have no idea how that happened.

Bumpers
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1371 » by buckboy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:45 pm

trwi7 wrote:
buckboy wrote:Bowled for the first time in 10 years about 2 months ago. Had a 235 my 2nd game. I have no idea how that happened.

Bumpers

Ha. Good call. No bumpers though. I think what it was was my wife and 15 year old daughter talking ****. I mopped the floor with 'em.

I used to bowl a fair amount and was terrible. Strange.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#1372 » by jute2003 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:15 pm

buckboy wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Bumpers

Ha. Good call. No bumpers though. I think what it was was my wife and 15 year old daughter talking ****. I mopped the floor with 'em.

I bowled in a league for 2 years. I was really really bad and bowled with house shoes and a house ball. Got the award for worst game(86 I think). Every once in a while, things would line up perfectly and I'd roll 200+ though. I'm not sure there's a game with bigger swings in crappiness.
only a fan, only an opinion
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1373 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:30 pm

jute2003 wrote:
buckboy wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Bumpers

I bowled in a league for 2 years. I was really really bad and bowled with house shoes and a house ball. Got the award for worst game(86 I think). Every once in a while, things would line up perfectly and I'd roll 200+ though. I'm not sure there's a game with bigger swings in crappiness.

Yeah, I joined an after work league like 9-10 years ago where every other team in the league was established older dudes. Our team had some good bowlers and I can roll a 120 just chucking is straight down the middle but I bought a ball and tried learn to spin it.

For whatever reason, I was a decent athlete but for the life of me cannot spin a curveball or properly spin the bowling ball. So I was god awful and put up some scores in the 50s trying to hone my ability to do it.

By the end of the year I was "OK" at it and if I needed to close out a frame would just chuck it straight and I started putting up some 150s (not reliable by any means). But with my ridiculous handicap from having no previous data + some of those horrible nights, we were an unstoppable force in the playoff part of the league and I was hilariously league MVP because nobody could beat my decent score + massive handicap. Pretty sure all of the old dudes wanted to kill me.
JoeyMorgan619
Rookie
And1: 1,767

Post#1374 » by JoeyMorgan619 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:32 am

Finally going to my first game in Green Bay (Bears 12/15) after being a lifelong fan living in the south. I have never spent any time in GB. Anything I should know? I'll be driving from Minneapolis and then heading back after the game.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#1375 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:05 pm

JoeyMorgan619 wrote:Finally going to my first game in Green Bay (Bears 12/15) after being a lifelong fan living in the south. I have never spent any time in GB. Anything I should know? I'll be driving from Minneapolis and then heading back after the game.

Vast majority of fans are extremely friendly and love folks from out of town. In general Wisconsinites are happy to visitors. Let people know where you're from and why you came and you will mostly likely be invited to tailgate and share a beer and food. I would walk the parking lot and absorb the atmosphere if it were my first time. Get there early. See where the moment takes you. Can't really go wrong. Enjoy yourself!

Others on here will give you good feedback on specific bars/etc. I haven't been back in a few years so my information might be dated. I don't want to steer you wrong.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#1376 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:13 pm

Stadium View is fun. Crowded of course, especially in December. There's also a large indoor tailgate area in the parking lot. That will get crowded too. Get to the Lambeau area early. It's fun around there. Especially for a Bears game.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#1377 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:43 pm

Holy hell a lot of Deadspinners have quit in the last 24 hours.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#1378 » by humanrefutation » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:06 pm

Just a mass exodus from that site. Putting the "dead' in deadspin.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#1379 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:29 pm

Much like I'm not able to go back to traditional sports radio once I heard Le Batard (at least before this incredibly awful month of bad radio. Stugotz...woof), there's no way I'm gonna be able to go back to traditional, non-critical sports writing. On the days and nights when I was offline, the only place I needed to go to catch up on important happenings was Deadspin. The rest I could simply get from box scores on an ESPN app.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1380 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:44 pm

Obviously I put my thoughts of what they had become out there last night but did not wish this on any employee or fan out there as the reason for the demise was dumb.

I wonder where they all end up and if an outlet that somewhat resembles what it was pops up. There's interest and people maybe even willing to pay for a site in what Deadspin was but it takes a lot to start that up.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks