ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #5 Sacramento vs. Charlotte

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Re: Game #5 Sacramento vs. Charlotte 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:24 am

Joerger is going to have his absolute pick of jobs.

Vlade needs to be gone as I’ve contended for years, but I actually fear this could be a Sterling/Baylor relationship, in that Vivek is still making calls and Vlade is a semi figurehead who has the dirt on the situation should he get fired

I can’t hate on the losses though. Would be nice to get a high pick than treadmill the next two years.

Fox has really taken a step back this season
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#22 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:25 am

I want to blame our woes on not having Giles physicality and passing, and not having Bagleys inside scoring and body.. but I know I'd just be lying to myself
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#23 » by jeffjtk1234 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:28 am

BoogieTime wrote:Joerger is going to have his absolute pick of jobs.

Vlade needs to be gone as I’ve contended for years, but I actually fear this could be a Sterling/Baylor relationship, in that Vivek is still making calls and Vlade is a semi figurehead who has the dirt on the situation should he get fired

I can’t hate on the losses though. Would be nice to get a high pick than treadmill the next two years.

Fox has really taken a step back this season

Fox has taken a step back, the team has. This style doesn’t suit him nor buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#24 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:49 am

This is all coaching. Joerger was a top notch coach. Luke Alton sucks. He's a pretender. The rotations, schemes, play calling are all lackluster. The response from the players shows.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#25 » by City of Trees » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:18 am

Hield of Dreams wrote:This is all coaching. Joerger was a top notch coach. Luke Alton sucks. He's a pretender. The rotations, schemes, play calling are all lackluster. The response from the players shows.

Nailed it.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#26 » by KF10 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:31 am

I would say a combination of both the coach and the players.

It looks like Joerger to Walton is a clear downgrade.

The second half of last season showed more truth of what kind of players we really have than the delightful pre-all star break period. Decent but not playoff level team.

It looks like the team assembled by Vlade isn’t all that great. Not sure we should go full nuclear and clean house from the top to bottom. 0-5 start is a nightmare start of the season tho.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#27 » by KF10 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:31 am

And lol:

Read on Twitter
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#28 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:04 am

At some point we're up close to double digits in the second quarter killing them with screen and rolls involving Holmes. Charlotte calls time out and changes their defense to switch everything. Kings show no ability to know how to play against that (hint: you have to slip the screen) and then proceed to get demolished for the rest of the game when we make zero adjustments.

Trotting out lineups with no bigs and telling Bogdan to essentially ISO is not going to work. If he's not playing with a big and you give him the ball what exactly is he supposed to do? I would be starting Fox/Buddy/Ariza/Barnes/Dedmon until Giles can come back and bench Cojo for Yogi. Holmes is an energy guy off the bench and he's best suited running pick and roll with Bogdan. That should at least give us some semblance of an offense for 48 minutes a game instead of the disaster we are watching when Fox goes to the bench; not that he's playing particularly great right now anyway.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,575

Post#29 » by oldshoolballer » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:29 am

What has Walton done to the team.This was a good competitive team last year.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,047

Post#30 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:42 pm

Hield of Dreams wrote:This is all coaching. Joerger was a top notch coach. Luke Alton sucks. He's a pretender. The rotations, schemes, play calling are all lackluster. The response from the players shows.

I'm not one to say that a coach needs to go 5 games into the season but Walton needs to.

Team has zero structure offensively, its the stand around and shoot game, no buy in from the players defensively, and just getting out-coached down the stretch. Kings could have easily won that game last night if they started to pressure the ball and make it semi-difficult for charlotte and keep driving on the other end.

Sad to see.

For all the people ragging on Joerger, the guy can flat out coach and brought them back to respectability for the first time in a long time last season. Vlade knee jerked big time there and doubled down on a coach who hasn't proved anything in this league.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#31 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:52 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:

I'm not one to say that a coach needs to go 5 games into the season but Walton needs to.

Team has zero structure offensively, its the stand around and shoot game, no buy in from the players defensively, and just getting out-coached down the stretch. Kings could have easily won that game last night if they started to pressure the ball and make it semi-difficult for charlotte and keep driving on the other end.

Sad to see.

For all the people ragging on Joerger, the guy can flat out coach and brought them back to respectability for the first time in a long time last season. Vlade knee jerked big time there and doubled down on a coach who hasn't proved anything in this league.
I'm the same way. I think coaches are scapegoats way more often than not. But this is virtually the same team. Holmes has been an upgrade to WCS and the team just sucks.

I usually lobby for coaches. But Luke Alton is not an NBA caliber coach. All hype no substance.

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,047

Post#32 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:10 pm

Hield of Dreams wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

Sad to see.

I'm the same way. I think coaches are scapegoats way more often than not. But this is virtually the same team. Holmes has been an upgrade to WCS and the team just sucks.

I usually lobby for coaches. But Luke Alton is not an NBA caliber coach. All hype no substance.

I didn't follow the Kings as closely as you guys did but was Joerger only being hated on because of Bagley and rotations? Seems a lot of it was over-blown.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#33 » by NoZoLakers » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:53 pm

bunch of iso, deep shot clock before shot goes up, minimal player mov't (even though Puke emphasizes this aspect almost every post game interviews), crappy sub patterns, doesn't know how to adjust to teams when teams start adjusting to his team....ALL staples of Lakers fans complaint of Walton over his tenure here. Its no surprise Sac having same complaints

Return to Sacramento Kings