Image ImageImage Image

Bleacher Report “ top 15 SGs” no Lavine

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Re: Bleacher Report “ top 15 SGs” no Lavine 

Post#61 » by mtron32 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:25 am

I'm fine with all the disrespect, he hasn't earned it.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#62 » by erlim » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:28 am

Yeah at first I was feeling like that list was a big troll joke, but now it's apparent it was dead on.
IamSam
Senior
And1: 218

Post#63 » by IamSam » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:22 pm

I'm expecting him to go nuts tonight against Cleveland just to keep this thread fun and interesting. :lol:
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,544

Post#64 » by PaKii94 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:23 pm

IamSam wrote:I'm expecting him to go nuts tonight against Cleveland just to keep this thread fun and interesting. :lol:

I want him to go nuts.... playing team ball that is 8-)
Ferulci
Starter
And1: 2,263

Post#65 » by Ferulci » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:44 am

Man, the time where some people thought that Lavine > Mitchell seems like a lifetime ago.
buckboy wrote:
jg77 wrote:Lavine is my dark horse MVP candidate.

That is the darkest horse that has ever galloped.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#66 » by ZOMG » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:33 am

I've officially lost all hope. LaVine is who he is and he's not changing. IMO it's preposterous that people are saying his deal is "good value". Compared to what?? Felicio?

Zach is being paid 20 million dollars per season to play awful, losing basketball. He has never looked worse than right now and is most definitely not among the Top 15 SG's in this league. I say that's very bad value.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#67 » by drosereturn » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:58 pm

Lavine is a pretty contradictory player in that he is a slam dunk champion rivaling MJ but is more of a 6th man type.
Dunking well doesnt really mean anything other than pure entertainment which is why a lot of his fans got blindsided and thought he was some burgeoning superstar. The pundits like to point out he is similar caliber to Beal due to stats but they dont know he is empty stats player. I mean he did shock me by producing 25/5/5 but even then was still within my expectations in that he gives up more points than he scores and rarely facilitates the offense. Box score doesnt mean much when analytics for 6 yrs say otherwise.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
ShadyMoney
Junior
And1: 157

Post#68 » by ShadyMoney » Fri Nov 1, 2019 5:35 pm

Lavine should be number 1
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#69 » by transplant » Fri Nov 1, 2019 7:50 pm

This thread is perfect. Less than 3 weeks ago, the consensus was that Lavine had been dissed by not being included as a top 15 SG. Now the consensus is that, of course he wasn't a top 15 SG.

There are lessons to be learned here, but I'm not sure we'll learn them.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,209

Post#70 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 1, 2019 7:52 pm

transplant wrote:This thread is perfect. Less than 3 weeks ago, the consensus was that Lavine had been dissed by not being included as a top 15 SG. Now the consensus is that, of course he wasn't a top 15 SG.

He might be still according to that list because bad performance or not he is better than some of those guys...
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#71 » by transplant » Fri Nov 1, 2019 8:02 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
transplant wrote:This thread is perfect. Less than 3 weeks ago, the consensus was that Lavine had been dissed by not being included as a top 15 SG. Now the consensus is that, of course he wasn't a top 15 SG.

He might be still according to that list because bad performance or not he is better than some of those guys...

Glad to see some perspective, Michael. It's in very short supply here.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#72 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 1, 2019 8:34 pm

transplant wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Glad to see some perspective, Michael. It's in very short supply here.

Used to be level headed now I do what the PR team told me to do I See Red!

I think that Mitchell interview I posted on the previous page does a great job summing up Zach. In LaVine’s defense, he is on 5 coaches in 6 years and none of them really have helped him out where he needs help. I am sure Thibs did but he had his hands full babysitting Wiggins. Fred nit Boylen are doing this guy any favors and he just doesn’t have the best decision making. Thing is he truly seems willing to learn, he just needs a better teacher, and you can improve on instincts.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,522

Post#73 » by dice » Fri Nov 1, 2019 11:04 pm

i don't get this board. team sucked last year, team has sucked so far this year...

lavine last year vs this year (per 36):

25/5/5, 57%ts
23/4/5, 54%ts

that's not a significant decline given that it's only been 5 games and 3-4 new rotation players are being worked into the lineup. additionally, his a:to ratio, steals and blocks are all up

i mercifully have not been watching much, but are his intangibles really worse than last year? that would be hard to believe
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#74 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Nov 1, 2019 11:27 pm

dice wrote:i don't get this board. team sucked last year, team has sucked so far this year...

25/5/5, 57%ts
23/4/5, 54%ts

that's not a significant decline given that it's only been 5 games and 3-4 new rotation players are being worked into the lineup. additionally, his a:to ratio, steals and blocks are all up

i mercifully have not been watching much, but are his intangibles really worse than last year? that would be hard to believe

I don't think so. The only difference defensively I see is that he's forcing more turnovers, which is something at least. But, the hope was that he'd at least look more competent off the ball and he mostly hasn't.

Offensively, his shot distribution is tailored to how the league currently is. All of his offense is either at the rim or from 3. He's still prone to lapses of heroball at the worst times.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#75 » by TheGOATRises007 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 11:33 pm

dice wrote:i don't get this board. team sucked last year, team has sucked so far this year...

25/5/5, 57%ts
23/4/5, 54%ts

Most people were hoping for progression, though it's still very early.

Signs aren't looking good.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,544

Post#76 » by PaKii94 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 11:51 pm

25/5/5, 57%ts
23/4/5, 54%ts

If you watched last year he was improving mentally near the end of the season. He seems to have reverted from that along with decreased production.
dice
RealGM

Post#77 » by dice » Fri Nov 1, 2019 11:54 pm

PaKii94 wrote:

25/5/5, 57%ts
23/4/5, 54%ts

If you watched last year he was improving mentally near the end of the season. He seems to have reverted from that along with decreased production.

so he's like the typical schoolkid who forgot a lot of what he learned over summer break. except that lavine's break was 7 months
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#78 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Nov 2, 2019 12:01 am

25/5/5, 57%ts
23/4/5, 54%ts

So the problem has been he listened and gave up the midrange... so he has forced a lot of drives in traffic and even when he gets straight to the cup he has had poor luck with his finesse in finishing. He also I think has been forcing more threes. All this is ok as it will even out and he likely will look better soon. Overall his defense is somewhat more aware and he is passing ok for him but still has the same tunnel vision. His assists should be up no fault to his own but the fact the whole damn team can’t shoot outside of Thad.
dice
RealGM

Post#79 » by dice » Sat Nov 2, 2019 12:15 am

Michael Jackson wrote:

25/5/5, 57%ts
23/4/5, 54%ts

So the problem has been he listened and gave up the midrange

he couldn't shoot the midrange for crap last season
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#80 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Nov 2, 2019 12:18 am

dice wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

25/5/5, 57%ts
23/4/5, 54%ts

So the problem has been he listened and gave up the midrange

he couldn't shoot the midrange for crap last season

Yeah I am not saying it is a bad move but he has forced his game a little bit more and that has resulted in him not finishing as well. I’m for him not using the midrange but you can see him adjusting to it.

Return to Chicago Bulls