RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: The Washington Nationals Thread 

Post#521 » by Wizardspride » Sun Nov 3, 2019 2:20 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#522 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Nov 3, 2019 4:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

They need to bring this man back. I get it 18 million dollars a year was too much but bring him back.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#523 » by Wizardspride » Mon Dec 9, 2019 8:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#524 » by Wizardspride » Mon Dec 9, 2019 8:13 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#525 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:11 am

I think he’ll make something in the neighborhood of $70k per hitter.

Not bad for a night’s work.
In Rizzo we trust
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#526 » by Wizardspride » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:34 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#527 » by Wizardspride » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:57 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#528 » by Wizardspride » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:28 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#529 » by Wizardspride » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:55 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#530 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:04 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

With Rendon going to the Angels, I wonder if the Bryant trade talks ramp up or do the Nats look into the possibility of Arenado ? I saw something about Colorado considering trades, but I wonder how much of Arenado’s success at the plate is a product of playing in Colorado. On the other hand what would it take to get Bryant?
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#531 » by Wizardspride » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:17 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

With Rendon going to the Angels, I wonder if the Bryant trade talks ramp up or do the Nats look into the possibility of Arenado ? I saw something about Colorado considering trades, but I wonder how much of Arenado’s success at the plate is a product of playing in Colorado. On the other hand what would it take to get Bryant?

Personally, I'd rather go with Carter Kieboom at third.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#532 » by Dark Faze » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Hilarious in hindsight. Cole is 2 years younger so the Yankees just tacked on 2 more years from the Stras deal, and gave him 1 more mill a year in order to say he has the highest AAV for a pitcher (36 compared to Stras' 35).

Stras basically got the max he could get.

I won't say that I'm mad. It's clear that Rizzo/Lerners plan is to max money out on pitching and just pray that they can get lucky with hitting via the farm system. They've gotten amazing results there, but this was a move that got made on the basis that they won the WS. That takes the pressure off and allows them to play it more conservatively.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#533 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:40 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Yes that’s what I felt too but everything I’ve read recently seemed to imply Kieboom was not ready yet, at the plate or in the field.

I’m not feeling good about Donaldson as an option, too old and he may end up getting a 4 year deal.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#534 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Lol :lol:
Tre is sneaky funny.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#535 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:57 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:

Yes that’s what I felt too but everything I’ve read recently seemed to imply Kieboom was not ready yet, at the plate or in the field.

I’m not feeling good about Donaldson as an option, too old and he may end up getting a 4 year deal.

I'm a Braves fan, and I'm guessing Donaldson goes to either Texas or the Dodgers. I agree with you - he's likely getting 100 mil total for 4 years, and that's too big a risk for an older player who finally had a healthy season coming up on a free agent season. Otoh, a healthy Donaldson is still a heckuva player. I wonder if Bryant from the Cubs is an option via trade - for either Washington or Atlanta.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#536 » by Wizardspride » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#537 » by BearlyBallin » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I so want a patch !

~ Confucius about 500 BC
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#538 » by 80sballboy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:59 am

Ruzious wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:Personally, I'd rather go with Carter Kieboom at third.

I'm a Braves fan, and I'm guessing Donaldson goes to either Texas or the Dodgers. I agree with you - he's likely getting 100 mil total for 4 years, and that's too big a risk for an older player who finally had a healthy season coming up on a free agent season. Otoh, a healthy Donaldson is still a heckuva player. I wonder if Bryant from the Cubs is an option via trade - for either Washington or Atlanta.

Donaldson is the most obvious replacement for Rendon. When healthy, he has tremendous power and a good glove. Seems like they are going after him hard and will have to overpay him. That's fine because there are no other options. Bryant could have one year left or two depending on arbitration. The Nats have very few assets to trade to get a player of that stature. They've gotten rid of so many
prospects over the years, they don't have much left.

If Bryant has one year left, maybe they can get him for a top 10 prospect and two mid-level prospects. But I think they are screwed if they don't get Donaldson and then you have Zim at first, Kieboom at 2nd and some mediocre FA left like Todd Frazier at 3B. That's not a playoff team, I don't care how good the starting pitching is.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#539 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Jan 3, 2020 4:21 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

8th inning to set up for Doolittle probably

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#540 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Jan 4, 2020 6:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Hmm I know Castro had 320+ innings last year at third base but I’m still guessing we play Kieboom there.
And it’s been reported that Donaldson wants $110 million over 4 years now... he’s the same age as Asdrubal, 34. :noway:

~ Confucius about 500 BC

Return to Washington Wizards