ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA XI

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#21 » by Landsberger » Tue Nov 5, 2019 2:56 am

dockingsched wrote:Brandon Ingram is going off, holy hell.

.... in yet another loss.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#22 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:05 am

Landsberger wrote:

Not like anyone is helping him.

Gentry simply should not be a head coach. The team was horrible last year on defense despite having AD. Now it's an absolute mess.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#23 » by EArl » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:07 am

Landsberger wrote:
iamworthy wrote:As soon as the timberwolves find a way to dump Wiggins and replace him with someone of value they are going to be a problem.

Remember when fans everywhere were calling for this guy to be a can't miss "next Kobe/LeBron"?

People always say stupid stuff like that. Same with Zion and he hasn't played a game yet due to injury.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#24 » by Landsberger » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:12 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

Gentry simply should not be a head coach. The team was horrible last year on defense despite having AD. Now it's an absolute mess.

It's not like they're losing to the top teams. I didn't watch tonights game but I've watched most of the others for NO. The starters have consistently had negative ratings while their bench has been positive. Not a definitive indicator but the style of offense he does well in might not be conducive to separating from an opponent in spite of individual statistics. His big month long run for us last year was largely unsuccessful in terms of W's and L's.

Time will tell with that team. They have enough pieces to not be 1-6 I'd think. Maybe they need more time together. One constant is that their defense is an issue and especially so for the starters.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#25 » by iamworthy » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:13 am

Lonzo rolled his ankle twice bringing the ball up the court
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#26 » by Landsberger » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:16 am

iamworthy wrote:Lonzo rolled his ankle twice bringing the ball up the court

The same ankle he had issues with here?
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#27 » by iamworthy » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:18 am

Not sure.... The video is on Twitter
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#28 » by Landsberger » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:19 am

iamworthy wrote:Not sure.... The video is on Twitter

I'll go look.... I guess the other logical question is..... what shoes was he wearing.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#29 » by iamworthy » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:19 am

Not sure.... The video is on Twitter

Edit,: the right ankle
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#30 » by Kilroy » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:37 am

Landsberger wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

It's not like they're losing to the top teams. I didn't watch tonights game but I've watched most of the others for NO. The starters have consistently had negative ratings while their bench has been positive. Not a definitive indicator but the style of offense he does well in might not be conducive to separating from an opponent in spite of individual statistics. His big month long run for us last year was largely unsuccessful in terms of W's and L's.

Time will tell with that team. They have enough pieces to not be 1-6 I'd think. Maybe then need more time together. One constant is that their defense is an issue and especially so for the starters.

His big run last year for us may have had even worse help...

Generally the starters on a losing effort have negative ratings... It's relative to the other team's performance... Even a good player on a bad team, having a great individual night, may have a negative rating, if the team they face has a good night... And the Nets did.
Also if the bench comes in and has a better night than the other team's bench, they'll have a better rating...

This along with W/L, shouldn't really negate an incredible offensive performance from an individual player... BI dropped 40 on em...

They need to get SlimReaper some help.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#31 » by Kilroy » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:41 am

iamworthy wrote:Not sure.... The video is on Twitter

Edit,: the right ankle

Yeah, that was weird as hell.. Nobody around him. He just tripped... Twice in 5 steps... Like he stubbed his toe on the hardwood.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#32 » by Landsberger » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:48 am

Kilroy wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:

Time will tell with that team. They have enough pieces to not be 1-6 I'd think. Maybe then need more time together. One constant is that their defense is an issue and especially so for the starters.

His big run last year for us may have had even worse help...

Generally the starters on a losing effort have negative ratings... It's relative to the other team's performance... Even a good player on a bad team, having a great individual night, may have a negative rating, if the team they face has a good night... And the Nets did.
Also if the bench comes in and has a better night than the other team's bench, they'll have a better rating...

This along with W/L, shouldn't really negate an incredible offensive performance from an individual player... BI dropped 40 on em...

They need to get SlimReaper some help.

Yeah... 40 points is a great individual mark for him. Nothing taken away from that. That said they're a lot of very good players who play their entire careers putting up fantastic stats while on losing teams. Not all of those guys have help... some do. Westbrook and Harden come to mind.

If Ingram keeps this up he'll get a max deal. NO has a ton of our picks and some ability to build around him. We'll see in time if they can.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#33 » by Landsberger » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:00 am

So... Iiving here in PHX I get the Suns stuff all the time. I've watched a lot of their games this year and they are looking like a team that could surprise. Maybe not a playoff slot but definitely not the last play door mat that many have predicted. Saric is still trying to find his spot on the team and Ayton is out for a while yet they are competitive in every game they play and are 5-2.

Adding Rubio has taken the distribution duties off of Booker and he seems to have matured a little on the offensive end and beginning to play within himself. Oubre is also coming into his own and playing both ends really well. He'd be a great guy for our team IMHO.

Booker dropped 40 on 19 shots and they beat the Sixers tonight to add to beating the Clippers. Their 2 losses are by 1 point each.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#34 » by Kilroy » Tue Nov 5, 2019 5:09 am

On another note, Kyrie is on another level this year... He's been doing things I haven't seen guys do before. His handles are crazy.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#35 » by Danny Darko » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:30 am

Landsberger wrote:So... Iiving here in PHX I get the Suns stuff all the time. I've watched a lot of their games this year and they are looking like a team that could surprise. Maybe not a playoff slot but definitely not the last play door mat that many have predicted. Saric is still trying to find his spot on the team and Ayton is out for a while yet they are competitive in every game they play and are 5-2.

Adding Rubio has taken the distribution duties off of Booker and he seems to have matured a little on the offensive end and beginning to play within himself. Oubre is also coming into his own and playing both ends really well. He'd be a great guy for our team IMHO.

Booker dropped 40 on 19 shots and they beat the Sixers tonight to add to beating the Clippers. Their 2 losses are by 1 point each.

Baynes seems like he's having a major upward swing, as well.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#36 » by Danny Darko » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:35 am

I see Whiteside is really working his magic in Portland this year. He might just drag them out of the playoffs if Nurkic doesn't come back in time.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#37 » by bb22 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 6:35 pm

Landsberger wrote:

He is pretty efficient, surprisingly.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#38 » by kblo247 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 9:10 pm

bb22 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

He also is a negative defender just like every year of his career. :lol: It is so funny watching Ingram get numbers and be such a - when he is on the floor and him be so horrible on D despite his length.

HArt still getting blown by on D and fouling three point shooters is also funny, but least he fixed his free throws

Then it is funnier to see them Randle supporters hide out while his Shareey Abdur Raheem poor ass can't be efficient on offense and is the worst starting PF on D there is yet again .. Get them empty numbers and L's boy ... I don't hear any of his supporters talking **** now like they did when I said I would take Smart 10/10 over him if I'm trying to win games and make an actual impact :lol:

Glass man Lonzo rolling his ankles twice while just dribbling

JC rotting in Cleveland

Russell being exposed as a fake all star who hamstrung the Warriors of their depth

Mitch being Mitch in Charlotte and not recruiting talent as well as overpaying scrubs

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just miss Nance and Lou
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#39 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Nov 5, 2019 11:58 pm

bb22 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

1-5 record is not efficient lol
Forum permissions