ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA XI

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,231

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#41 » by EArl » Wed Nov 6, 2019 3:57 am

I don't understand how a player like Kahwi is already resting games this early in the season. He should be taken out of any MVP consideration.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#42 » by kblo247 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 4:10 am

He skipping their national tv games at that and playing the league pass ones, like **** yall contracts
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#43 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 6, 2019 4:33 am

Kawhi is taking all this rest stuff too seriously... It's going to backfire on him...

That said, we're in 1st in the west.. Maybe we need to think about tapping the breaks a bit and keeping all our old farts healthy.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,954

Post#44 » by thebigbird » Wed Nov 6, 2019 4:51 am

Kilroy wrote:Kawhi is taking all this rest stuff too seriously... It's going to backfire on him...

That said, we're in 1st in the west.. Maybe we need to think about tapping the breaks a bit and keeping all our old farts healthy.

Pile up as many wins as possible during this early stretch and start load managing later on.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#45 » by Pythagoras » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:02 am

thebigbird wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Kawhi is taking all this rest stuff too seriously... It's going to backfire on him...

Pile up as many wins as possible during this early stretch and start load managing later on.

Agreed. I would have liked to see load management tonight with Lebron but we’d have taken a hard L had we done that.

1 Blitz to a 50 - 15 record behind Lebron/Howard/AD
2 Load manage and coast in at 57 - 25 with #1 seed
3 Profit
Numbers rule the universe.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,954

Post#46 » by thebigbird » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:14 am

Pythagoras wrote:
thebigbird wrote:

Agreed. I would have liked to see load management tonight with Lebron but we’d have taken a hard L had we done that.

1 Blitz to a 50 - 15 record behind Lebron/Howard/AD
2 Load manage and coast in at 57 - 25 with #1 seed
3 Profit

I think the most effective form of load management this year is letting AD do the heavy lifting during the regular season. With the exception of the Dallas game, LeBron hasn't exerted himself too much and we're 6-1.
Countdown
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#47 » by Countdown » Wed Nov 6, 2019 8:49 pm

What's with this load management BS that the Clippers are doing with Kawhi?

2nd national televised game he's sitting out and we've only played two weeks.

Clips need to get fined for this.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,971

Post#48 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Nov 6, 2019 9:02 pm

Countdown wrote:What's with this load management BS that the Clippers are doing with Kawhi?

He's got a chronic thigh issue that he's been dealing with throughout his career.

Besides, why would we care? Him sitting increases their chances of losing, which is good for us.
Countdown
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#49 » by Countdown » Wed Nov 6, 2019 9:07 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
Countdown wrote:What's with this load management BS that the Clippers are doing with Kawhi?

He's got a chronic thigh issue that he's been dealing with throughout his career.

Besides, why would we care? Him sitting increases their chances of losing, which is good for us.

Oh I agree, it does heighten their chances of losing - which against the Bucks is very probably.

It's just ridiculous that the Clippers get away with resting their star player for the 2nd time in two weeks in a National televised game. I thought there was a rule against that.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,971

Post#50 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Nov 6, 2019 9:13 pm

Countdown wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:

Oh I agree, it does heighten their chances of losing - which against the Bucks is very probably.

It's just ridiculous that the Clippers get away with resting their star player for the 2nd time in two weeks in a National televised game. I thought there was a rule against that.

I mean, as long as they follow protocol, what can the NBA do? He only played 60 games last year and he still picked up a nagging knee injury in the playoffs for compensating for the thigh thing. Unless they figure out a solution, this is just how his career is going to go from here on out.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#51 » by dockingsched » Wed Nov 6, 2019 11:53 pm

Kawhi lost years of relevancy due to injuries and finally managed to make it through an entire title run by managing game load. All this uproar about missing games has gotta be so irrelevant to him and Clips management. They’re not going to miss the playoffs, so getting Kawhi there healthy is the first, second and third priority.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#52 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Nov 7, 2019 2:47 am

dockingsched wrote:Kawhi lost years of relevancy due to injuries and finally managed to make it through an entire title run by managing game load. All this uproar about missing games has gotta be so irrelevant to him and Clips management. They’re not going to miss the playoffs, so getting Kawhi there healthy is the first, second and third priority.

When ESPN and TNT demand a discount on the next tv contracts with the NBA then it will be issue after all it’s a business. It will impact the players salaries and the NBA revenues.
Forum permissions