ImageImageImageImageImage

What is your ideal lineup for the 2020 season if you had it your way?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Re: What is your ideal lineup for the 2020 season if you had it your way? 

Post#21 » by The-Power » Wed Nov 6, 2019 4:55 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
The-Power wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:So for me Paschall has already solidified the small forward spot for next year.

I love Paschall but let's see how he handles guarding good SFs and how reliable his shooting will be first.

I've seen enough. Unless we bring in another legit small forward, I'm good with Paschall. And I've said that prior to the outburst the other night.

I'm not in love with a frontcourt of Paschall, Green and Looney/Cauley-Stein unless Paschall can hit 3's reliably. That is yet to be seen. Likewise, I don't like him guarding quicker wings (which he would have to do as our SF) unless he can prove that he can stop their dribble penetration. If he can do that and exploit favorable match-ups and space reliably, I'd be open to starting him – but that's a bit premature for me.

I guess we'll see how he develops, who we add and what the coaching staff sees. At this point, however, I also still like the idea of pairing Steph and Klay with either a true wing or another Guard. I think there is a lot of untapped potential in having Klay be our SF and insert another shot creator into the line-up (so long as this player can also play off the ball) – not to mention that this helps roster construction because it allows you to add a high-level player to back up Steph as that player can still start.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#22 » by lars_rosenberg » Wed Nov 6, 2019 7:35 pm

The-Power wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
The-Power wrote:I love Paschall but let's see how he handles guarding good SFs and how reliable his shooting will be first.

I've seen enough. Unless we bring in another legit small forward, I'm good with Paschall. And I've said that prior to the outburst the other night.

I'm not in love with a frontcourt of Paschall, Green and Looney/Cauley-Stein unless Paschall can hit 3's reliably. That is yet to be seen. Likewise, I don't like him guarding quicker wings (which he would have to do as our SF) unless he can prove that he can stop their dribble penetration. If he can do that and exploit favorable match-ups and space reliably, I'd be open to starting him – but that's a bit premature for me.

I guess we'll see how he develops, who we add and what the coaching staff sees. At this point, however, I also still like the idea of pairing Steph and Klay with either a true wing or another Guard. I think there is a lot of untapped potential in having Klay be our SF and insert another shot creator into the line-up (so long as this player can also play off the ball) – not to mention that this helps roster construction because it allows you to add a high-level player to back up Steph as that player can still start.
Maybe we can use Dray to defend 3s and Paschall to defend 4s.
The-Power
General Manager

Post#23 » by The-Power » Wed Nov 6, 2019 8:18 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:
The-Power wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Green's greatest value is in quarterbacking the defense. I want him to roam around and be involved in PnRs, and not chase wings (especially as he's not getting younger).
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#24 » by Commodor » Wed Nov 6, 2019 8:54 pm

If we can turn Dlo+pieces (NOT our 1RP) for Jaylen Brown and Covington i'd be very happy. Maybe something like this?

GSW out: Dlo / TPE
GSW in: Brown / Covington

Minnesota Out: Covington/1rp/Dieng
Minnesota In: Dlo

Boston Out: Brown
Boston in: Dieng, 1RP, TPE

Would probably need to retool it to truly entice Boston, but hey this is "ideal" right? Resulting in:

Curry/Bowman
Klay/Iguodala/Evans
Brown/Covington
Green/Paschall
Looney/Wiseman?/Smaily
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#25 » by lars_rosenberg » Wed Nov 6, 2019 9:38 pm

Commodor wrote:If we can turn Dlo+pieces (NOT our 1RP) for Jaylen Brown and Covington i'd be very happy. Maybe something like this?

GSW out: Dlo / TPE
GSW in: Brown / Covington

Minnesota Out: Covington/1rp/Dieng
Minnesota In: Dlo

Boston Out: Brown
Boston in: Dieng, 1RP, TPE

Would probably need to retool it to truly entice Boston, but hey this is "ideal" right? Resulting in:

Curry/Bowman
Klay/Iguodala/Evans
Brown/Covington
Green/Paschall
Looney/Wiseman?/Smaily

Boston isn't trading Brown soon after an extension, unless he plays really bad this season.
He's been quite good for now so I doubt he'll be available any time soon.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#26 » by Mylie10 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 11:51 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:
The-Power wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

It won't matter because they will he switching constantly with each other, which is great.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
chef_martin
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#27 » by chef_martin » Thu Nov 7, 2019 1:05 am

The-Power wrote:I guess we'll see how he develops, who we add and what the coaching staff sees. At this point, however, I also still like the idea of pairing Steph and Klay with either a true wing or another Guard. I think there is a lot of untapped potential in having Klay be our SF and insert another shot creator into the line-up (so long as this player can also play off the ball) – not to mention that this helps roster construction because it allows you to add a high-level player to back up Steph as that player can still start.

I think that part of Klay's value is his amazing point of attack defense. Starting him at SF decreases his defensive value since he can't use his length to hinder SFs as much as he can to stop PGs. It also forces Steph to actually guard PGs and use his (old age limited) energy to do that. Because of that, I think its a bad idea to start Klay at SF since you're not playing to either of stars' strengths.

With that said, I hope we trade D'Lo for a starting SF (Covington) and get lucky enough to draft Wiseman. So we could start a lineup of
Steph/Klay/Covington/Dray/Wiseman with Paschall playing that 6th-man/finish games role, and Looney/Andre being bench contributors.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#28 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Nov 7, 2019 1:54 am

chef_martin wrote:
The-Power wrote:I guess we'll see how he develops, who we add and what the coaching staff sees. At this point, however, I also still like the idea of pairing Steph and Klay with either a true wing or another Guard. I think there is a lot of untapped potential in having Klay be our SF and insert another shot creator into the line-up (so long as this player can also play off the ball) – not to mention that this helps roster construction because it allows you to add a high-level player to back up Steph as that player can still start.

I think that part of Klay's value is his amazing point of attack defense. Starting him at SF decreases his defensive value since he can't use his length to hinder SFs as much as he can to stop PGs. It also forces Steph to actually guard PGs and use his (old age limited) energy to do that. Because of that, I think its a bad idea to start Klay at SF since you're not playing to either of stars' strengths.

With that said, I hope we trade D'Lo for a starting SF (Covington) and get lucky enough to draft Wiseman. So we could start a lineup of
Steph/Klay/Covington/Dray/Wiseman with Paschall playing that 6th-man/finish games role, and Looney/Andre being bench contributors.

That's funny, accidentally pressed and1 on this post. Was just chiming in to say that Covington is a horrible basketball player. If you're just looking to dump D'lo's contract there has to be a better way. On our team, Covington would be a 16-18 mpg player off the bench at the end of the first into the second and at the end of the third into the fourth. He would be kept as far away from the meaningful crunch time minutes as possible.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#29 » by Quazza » Thu Nov 7, 2019 2:57 am

Steph
Klay
Giannis
Draymond
AD

make it happen Bob
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#30 » by Old_Blue » Thu Nov 7, 2019 3:41 am

All these scenarios require so many moving parts, it makes my head spin. I just hope we get either Haliburton or Isaiah Stewart in the draft. Also, I wouldn't mind trading D'Angelo for future draft picks to clear enough cap space to sign a decent veteran free agent forward.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#31 » by Bayside » Thu Nov 7, 2019 3:53 am

We have DLO trade and Trade exception to find two starters at the 3 and 5. Other guys on roster can be used in trades or stay, not a big deal. Only thing we have found out so far is a few guys can play in the nba contending team from the bench. Think people getting ahead of themselves here.

Curry/Bowman/Evans
Klay/Poole
*/GR3
Green/Paschall
*/Looney//Smaily
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#32 » by KidPistol » Thu Nov 7, 2019 4:52 am

Two things:
1st. If I had it my way, DLo as well as our first round pick would be traded for a few quality players with one being starter material (defensive wing/3nD) Matisse Thybulle, Josh Hart, or Robert Covington would be my main return piece.

2nd. I am honestly curious if Eric Pascall is literally that good or our team is just that bad. Back in Nova, Eric wasn’t the primary guy scoring the ball for us. He was maybe the 4th/5th option at best. He’s obviously shown that he can ball with the best of them as of lately but how does his game change when the big 3 or 4 come back? Would it stunt his growth and development? Either way, I am definitely rooting for him and I’m super happy that he’s doing excellent for us. But to me, as a Nova fan he never struck me as a go to guy like he is now. Hopefully it isn’t a Tony Wroten situation...
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#33 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 8:07 am

trade Dlo to the suns for Meth Curry (for salary match), Cam Johnson and their 1st rounder

draft scottie lewis and either tre jones or tyrese haliburton

bring back iggy / bogues

lineup:

Stephen Curry / Tyrese Haliburton / Ky Bowman
Klay Thompson / Cameron Johnson / Jordan Poole
Scottie Lewis / Andre Iguodala
Draymond Green / Eric Paschall
Kevon Looney / Alen Smailagic / Andrew Bogut
The-Power
General Manager

Post#34 » by The-Power » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:13 am

chef_martin wrote:I think that part of Klay's value is his amazing point of attack defense. Starting him at SF decreases his defensive value since he can't use his length to hinder SFs as much as he can to stop PGs. It also forces Steph to actually guard PGs and use his (old age limited) energy to do that. Because of that, I think its a bad idea to start Klay at SF since you're not playing to either of stars' strengths.

Steph can still guard the worst offensive perimeter player on the other team. Of course the other Guard should be able to handle defending PGs. You can even put Klay on premier PG match-ups so long as the other team doesn't have an elite or physically dominating wing. So nothing would really change in that regard.

Also, you mention Steph's old age. Klay is not getting younger either and is coming off a pretty severe knee injury. If we player with another player that can take on PGs, it wouldn't be the worst to not have Klay do that all the time.
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#35 » by freypies » Thu Nov 7, 2019 10:17 am

Never happening, but for dream but semi-possible scenario, trade Russell plus pick from this year for Gobert.

Run:

Steph/Evans/Bowman
Klay/Burks/Poole or Lee (depends on how Poole looks by season's end)
Paschall/Iguodala/Glenn Robinson
Draymond/Looney/Spellman
Gobert/Looney (PF or C for him)/Smailagic

I am confident that lineup would beat any other in the league provided health.
chef_martin
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#36 » by chef_martin » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:14 pm

The-Power wrote:Steph can still guard the worst offensive perimeter player on the other team. Of course the other Guard should be able to handle defending PGs. You can even put Klay on premier PG match-ups so long as the other team doesn't have an elite or physically dominating wing. So nothing would really change in that regard.

The problem is that there's only one available player in the NBA capable of doing all that: handle defending PGs, being a shot creator, hit the 3. You're describing Bradley Beal to a tee. And I agree, if we added Bradley Beal for D'Lo + stuff, Klay should play SF. Its just not that likely to occur.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,683

Post#37 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Nov 7, 2019 11:16 pm

PG: Damian Lillard /Steph/Evans
SG: Steph/ Klay/Poole/Lee
SF: Klay/ Paschall/Iguodala
F: Dray/Paschall/ Smailagic
C: Mobile shot blocker and lob stuffer /Looney / wide body

If WCS could play JaVale's game then he could be the mobile shot blocker. I miss JaVale even if Kerr did not like him but JaVale is getting older. Looney can play the majority of the minutes.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#38 » by Samurai » Thu Nov 7, 2019 11:59 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:PG: Damian Lillard /Steph/Evans
SG: Steph/ Klay/Poole/Lee
SF: Klay/ Paschall/Iguodala
F: Dray/Paschall/ Smailagic
C: Mobile shot blocker and lob stuffer /Looney / wide body

If WCS could play JaVale's game then he could be the mobile shot blocker. I miss JaVale even if Kerr did not like him but JaVale is getting older. Looney can play the majority of the minutes.

That is a HUGE "if". WCS can play the part of the lob stuffer, but he has never remotely been a shot blocker in his career. Given his lackluster effort to start this season - granted, without the benefit of a pre-season - but I see no indications from him thus far that he is turning over a new leaf and has suddenly decided to become competent in the areas that he has shown zero interest in before.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#39 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 12:06 am

C Valancunas, Looney
PF Green, Paschall
SF Gordon, Igoudola
SG Thompson, Poole
PG Curry, Augustin

D-Lo for Gordon+Augustin
TPE for Valancunas
Draft BPA
Bring back Igoudola
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#40 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:21 am

killmongrel wrote:
Kuya wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
You're allowed to dream bigger, man. Where is DLO and if he's not on the team, who did we trade him for? Hahaha.

DLo and our 1st round pick for #1 overall pick :D

Hehe, you're kinda like the guy who orders a burger at a steakhouse.

and you seem like the type of dude to snag sushi at the gas station :lol:

Return to Golden State Warriors