ImageImageImageImage

What happened to Fournier?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

What happened to Fournier? 

Post#1 » by Bensational » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:01 pm

Over the last 3 games he's dropped to 8FGAs a game. His %'s have been bad, but not as abysmal as some on the team who have continued to shoot through them. 33% overall and 22% from 3.

He catches a lot of heat on the board, but he's been a team player enough to take himself out of the action and not force shots all game.

My question is, why? Is he injured? Recovering? Adjusting to Fultz?

Love him or hating, there are good things he can do for the team. I want to know what we need to do to get him firing again. (As long as it doesn't involve dominating the offense as heavily as he started out doing).
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Re: What happened to Fournier? 

Post#2 » by GelbeWand09 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:05 pm

I have the feeling, AG got a bigger playmaking role again, like last season. Cliff probably changed it, to get AG going.
In the moment, Fournier is as invisible as AG was the games before.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#3 » by fendilim » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:23 pm

GelbeWand09 wrote:I have the feeling, AG got a bigger playmaking role again, like last season. Cliff probably changed it, to get AG going.
In the moment, Fournier is as invisible as AG was the games before.

If this is the case then we're in deep ****. Last season's run, Gordon wasn't pressing on offense, he played his game. Even last game against the Mavs, he wasn't really forcing it at all. Until of course the last 2 offensive fouls when he tried to create.

I think Fournier is adjusting to Fultz. Fultz runs a lot of pick and roll, they dont necessarily end up as shot attempts for Fultz, but he does dish it out to his teammates as well, so we don't really notice it. Also, if you look at the past few games, there is more of a conscious effort for him to pass the ball to Fultz, and let Fultz' initiate.
Just Plain Mark
Assistant Coach
And1: 193

Post#4 » by Just Plain Mark » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:28 pm

I know that some of the players are missing open shots, but at some point doesn't the bulk of the blame go to Clifford for a system that the players don't seem to understand and seems to change every few games? The Magic are dead last in the NBA offensively, they are shooting inefficient shots (and missing most shots) and they aren't getting to the free throw line.

Fortunately, the Magic have lots of front court players...
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#5 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:49 pm

Team seems to be figuring out their roles still, a lot of jockeying back and forth going on, so much for continuity. It's going to be rough until an alpha male appears and that is Fournier, so it's coming.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#6 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:54 pm

He was the least involved in the offense as he has been all season against Dallas (more similar to his role last season) and we finally scored over 100 points. Just sayin'. Team offense works better without Fournier holding the ball trying to create.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Post#7 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:04 pm

Over the last 3 games he's dropped to 8FGAs a game.

I'm not complaining.
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,701

Post#8 » by GameOver25 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:38 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:He was the least involved in the offense as he has been all season against Dallas (more similar to his role last season) and we finally scored over 100 points. Just sayin'. Team offense works better without Fournier holding the ball trying to create.

He's right there with Gordon trying to create, it's an eyesore, and they're both starters lol.
My oh my.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,524

Post#9 » by SOUL » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:30 pm

Been wondering the last two years.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#10 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:49 pm

I've noticed teams are attacking his dribble more this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#11 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:21 pm

GameOver25 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:He was the least involved in the offense as he has been all season against Dallas (more similar to his role last season) and we finally scored over 100 points. Just sayin'. Team offense works better without Fournier holding the ball trying to create.

He's right there with Gordon trying to create, it's an eyesore, and they're both starters lol.
My oh my.
Fournier is much better than ag as creating off the dribble his decisions once he gets there are someone questionable but at least he can get by people.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
fendilim
RealGM

Post#12 » by fendilim » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:21 am

Heard Fourniers postgame interview?
fendilim
RealGM

Post#13 » by fendilim » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:22 am

GameOver25 wrote:

My oh my.

L

O

L
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#14 » by j-ragg » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:05 pm

fendilim wrote:
GameOver25 wrote:

My oh my.

L

O

L

Did you watch Fournier last season when he aged a decade?
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
fendilim
RealGM

Post#15 » by fendilim » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:03 pm

j-ragg wrote:
fendilim wrote:
GameOver25 wrote:
My oh my.

L

O

L

Did you watch Fournier last season when he aged a decade?

I did. He still had better percentages than Gordon as a shot creator.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#16 » by DaddyCool19 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:27 am

Do you guys think he could opt out after this season? Especially with how efficient he has been shooting the ball and the weak FA class in 2020. If yes, would you want to keep him around and how much would you guys be willing to offer him?
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,216

Post#17 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:22 am

I hope he doesn't opt out. We overpaid for most of his contract and now that we are finally getting our money's worth, we gotto overpay him again.

Loving his game right now and he is carrying us, but i don't want to overpay for him
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#18 » by tiderulz » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:53 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:Do you guys think he could opt out after this season? Especially with how efficient he has been shooting the ball and the weak FA class in 2020. If yes, would you want to keep him around and how much would you guys be willing to offer him?

i think he will be like other players Orlando has had. criticized relentlessly while here, and then when he leaves, everyone will want a player exactly like him. This fan base turns on players that dont turn into superstars.
fendilim
RealGM

Post#19 » by fendilim » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:33 pm

tiderulz wrote:
DaddyCool19 wrote:Do you guys think he could opt out after this season? Especially with how efficient he has been shooting the ball and the weak FA class in 2020. If yes, would you want to keep him around and how much would you guys be willing to offer him?

i think he will be like other players Orlando has had. criticized relentlessly while here, and then when he leaves, everyone will want a player exactly like him. This fan base turns on players that dont turn into superstars.

He is underappreciated around here.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,605

Post#20 » by Skybox » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:04 pm

He's the only guy on the team, other than emerging Fultz who gets to the rim and to the line. He's more likely to dunk on someone than our "only on breakaways and lobs" human highlight reel. Fournier can shoot, penetrate, and pass. I don't hate the others but Evan is underappreciated...he takes more hits at the rim and pops up as much as the rest of the team combined.

Return to Orlando Magic