Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:30 pm

Read on Twitter
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Game 8: Philadelphia @ Denver 9:00pm 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:01 am

1. This game probably rests on Jokic vs Embiid. Jokic needs to score just to keep Embiid from doing a lot of free-lancing on defense.

2. Murray needs to play some solid defense PLUS score at least 20 points.

3. Barton has his work cut out for him if he's going to play defense on the very physical Tobias Harris.

Millsap & Horford probably neutralize each other.

Gary Harris should play well in thhis game against Korkmaz.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#3 » by THE J0KER » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:39 am

No Simmons today, but Sixers are still an elite team, probably best we faced so far this season. Their starting lineup is so tall (even without Simmons), maybe Grant should play today SF starter, or maybe MPJ or Juancho. Embiid, Horford, T.Harris are a human wall.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:56 am

Looks like nobody is going thru shooting drills, are the players trying to get Malone fired ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:41 am

So my earlier post must've lit a fire under some Nugget asses, I take all the credit for THAT win !!!

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#6 » by THE J0KER » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:47 am

Never in doubt :wink:

What makes us so optimistic before the start of this season is MVP contender, great starting lineup, and one of deepest benches. But so far Jokic didn't play like (co-)MVP, and bench is an even bigger disappointment, so we have a very good record thanks to the combination of super defense and easy schedule. Today in the 4th quarter Jokic played like MVP, the bench didn't play at all, and defense is so good, so Nuggets made one of the best comebacks ever in franchise history... from -21 (-19 in 4th) against league TOP5 team (TOP10 even without Simmons)!

Read on Twitter
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:56 am

Jokic 26 pts 11 rebounds - Embiid 19 pts rebounds 15 --- call it a tie. Of course if Jokic had started playing before the 4th quarter, we wouldn't have had such a great comeback.

Murray got 22 points - that's what we need from him, along with a nice defensive effort.

Barton did a fair job on defense and a solid job on offense. Give him credit.

Millsap out played Horford and that was a little surprising but very nice.

Harris did not have a good game.

Our bench didn't have a great game either.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#8 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:38 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Jokic 26 pts 11 rebounds - Embiid 19 pts rebounds 15 --- call it a tie. Of course if Jokic had started playing before the 4th quarter, we wouldn't have had such a great comeback.

Murray got 22 points - that's what we need from him, along with a nice defensive effort.

Jokic and Embiid was no tie, Embiid only played well for a few minutes in the 3rd when Jokic was off the court and the 76ers spent the 1st 3 quarters trying to have Embiid on the court with Jokic at all.

By the way for all the crap Jokic gets for his weight last night showed he is clearly in better shape than Embiid, Jokic played 10 more minutes and was much more effective in that 4th quarter.
skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:08 pm

Second beast of the East we've taken down, can't say I'm real worried if we make it to the Finals !

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:23 pm

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Jokic 26 pts 11 rebounds - Embiid 19 pts rebounds 15 --- call it a tie. Of course if Jokic had started playing before the 4th quarter, we wouldn't have had such a great comeback.

Jokic and Embiid was no tie, Embiid only played well for a few minutes in the 3rd when Jokic was off the court and the 76ers spent the 1st 3 quarters trying to have Embiid on the court with Jokic at all.

By the way for all the crap Jokic gets for his weight last night showed he is clearly in better shape than Embiid, Jokic played 10 more minutes and was much more effective in that 4th quarter.

I wasn't overly impressed with either of them. They had some nice stats but neither was real effective except for one quarter each.
SkillzFromThe6
Junior
And1: 355

Post#11 » by SkillzFromThe6 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:50 pm

I watched the whole game but was looking back & forth between Denver & Raptors but I saw that MPJ got Craig's minutes as backup SF? Is that correct?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#12 » by The Rebel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:30 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

I wasn't overly impressed with either of them. They had some nice stats but neither was real effective except for one quarter each.

Jokic's shot was off, but I would disagree that he was not impressive over most of the game. He was passing well, he held Embiid to 0-7 shooting with 4 rebounds while he was guarding him so he did well defensively. The only real issue I had with Jokic was O'Quinn was just too fast for Jokic, but then Jokic did draw 3 fouls on him in less than 8 minutes.

I find it pretty telling that the 76ers pulled Embiid quickly from about half way through the 1st quarter until late in the 4th whenever Jokic was put in the game, and Embiid was put back in as soon as Jokic came out of the game.

Return to Denver Nuggets