ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread - Part 1 - Can You Feel It?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread - Part 1 - Can You Feel It? 

Post#441 » by dean456 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:20 am

What the hell, when I first saw the "Dion Waiters overdosed on gummies" posts I thought it was a joke. Like it was a shot at him being out of shape saying he had too many gummy bears and passed out on the plane so he couldn't play or something. But apparently edible marijuana gummies are a thing and this is what he presumably overdosed on?? Is this guy for real? Players like this should have their contracts voided and teams shouldn't have to pay their salaries. They don't get what they want on the court then end up sulking destroying any value they had with this kind of crap.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Post#442 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:30 am

Twix was right

Read on Twitter

We have now reached Gerald Green levels of foolishness. Nobody wants to trade for a gummy eating yahoo, I wonder if we can void his contract.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,209

Post#443 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:41 am

dean456 wrote:What the hell, when I first saw the "Dion Waiters overdosed on gummies" posts I thought it was a joke. Like it was a shot at him being out of shape saying he had too many gummy bears and passed out on the plane so he couldn't play or something. But apparently edible marijuana gummies are a thing and this is what he presumably overdosed on?? Is this guy for real? Players like this should have their contracts voided and teams shouldn't have to pay their salaries. They don't get what they want on the court then end up sulking destroying any value they had with this kind of crap.
Huh was this edibles MJ? Or we just speculating?

*updated: he did do that dumb bish smh

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
twix2500
RealGM

Post#444 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:21 pm

kobewade11 wrote:Twix was right

Read on Twitter

We have now reached Gerald Green levels of foolishness. Nobody wants to trade for a gummy eating yahoo, I wonder if we can void his contract.
I'm not sure, drug policy might make a little more difficult to release a player.

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,612

Post#445 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:35 pm

What a crazy story but not surprised. We officially broke Waiters. Just glad it had nothing to do with Winslow concussion.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#446 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:42 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:What a crazy story but not surprised. We officially broke Waiters. Just glad it had nothing to do with Winslow concussion.
Its really sad that three grown ass men acting like teenagers (JJ, Whiteside and Waiters). At least JJ, knows that he screwed up and tried to set himself straight. But Waiters and Whiteside, they just gonna compound screw ups on top of screw ups, Michael Beasley style

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,612

Post#447 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:55 pm

twix2500 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:What a crazy story but not surprised. We officially broke Waiters. Just glad it had nothing to do with Winslow concussion.
Its really sad that three grown ass men acting like teenagers (JJ, Whiteside and Waiters). At least JJ, knows that he screwed up and tried to set himself straight. But Waiters and Whiteside, they just gonna compound screw ups on top of screw ups, Michael Beasley style

What's the NBA drug policy on this? Can Waiters be suspended? Can we recoup money against the hard cap?
twix2500
RealGM

Post#448 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:57 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

What's the NBA drug policy on this? Can Waiters be suspended? Can we recoup money against the hard cap?
I'm not sure, probably gotta get Albert or Gom to look into it.

contract
RealGM
And1: 20,772

Post#449 » by contract » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:59 pm

dean456 wrote:What the hell, when I first saw the "Dion Waiters overdosed on gummies" posts I thought it was a joke. Like it was a shot at him being out of shape saying he had too many gummy bears and passed out on the plane so he couldn't play or something. But apparently edible marijuana gummies are a thing and this is what he presumably overdosed on?? Is this guy for real? Players like this should have their contracts voided and teams shouldn't have to pay their salaries. They don't get what they want on the court then end up sulking destroying any value they had with this kind of crap.

You too? I thought the reporter was making fun of Dion's conditioning. I just chuckled and moved along. When I first read it, I would have laughed at anyone who took it seriously. It was obviously a joke.

But it turns out the Waiters is the joke.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM

Post#450 » by contract » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:08 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Huh was this edibles MJ? Or we just speculating?

*updated: he did do that dumb bish smh

You can see the problem.

You eat the gummies ...
which give you the munchies ...
which leads to eating more gummies ...
which give you the munchies ...
which leads to even more gummies ...
which leads to an OD.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,833

Post#451 » by Wiltside » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:08 pm

Wait, the gummies are a drug? How the phuck old am I?

Dion PLS
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,719

Post#452 » by DayofMourning » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:10 pm

I was reading a piece about how teams can void players contracts for egregious behavior.

Having noted that, it's interesting how the gummies thing came out. I know that's getting universal acceptance these days, but I wonder how stringently it will be policed.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,833

Post#453 » by Wiltside » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:18 pm

Can’t help but feel Herro fits better than Nunn in our healthy starting group. He’s better off the catch and on the move, spacing wise. Nunn is a better slasher and better at getting to the paint.

Winslow
Herro
Butler
Adebayo
Leonard

Has a better mix of spacing, ball handling and defense than the current. Second unit of:

Dragic
Nunn
Robinson
JJ or DJJ
Olynyk

Feels like it would suit better. Just my 2 cents.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,178

Post#454 » by Heat3 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:23 pm

And he got the gummies in Phoenix, not Denver?
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Post#455 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:26 pm

Nunn’s play has tapered off quite a bit. All Dion had to do was show up and be a professional and he would’ve had the opportunity to get back into the starting lineup.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#456 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:31 pm

twix2500 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Its really sad that three grown ass men acting like teenagers (JJ, Whiteside and Waiters). At least JJ, knows that he screwed up and tried to set himself straight. But Waiters and Whiteside, they just gonna compound screw ups on top of screw ups, Michael Beasley style

I'm not sure, probably gotta get Albert or Gom to look into it.

I looked into it just a little bit. I looked at the antidrug policy of the CBA. They have different classes of drugs that result in different penalties. Example LSD is high level drug, first time positive test contract is voided and 2 year ban. But marijuana appears to be a low level class. I think it's on the 3x test positive rule then a suspension and rehab, a la Beasley. But do not see an option to void. It might have to be verbiage in the players personal contract. Which I doubt the Heat have. But again I'm not an expert on this.

Again im not a medical expert on MJ. It appear Waiters had a psychedelic trip from the edibles. I see some people don't understand how it could led to a seizure. THC does interrupt with how brain neurons communicate, seizures is a disorder of when the communication of Brian neurons are interrupted. So it's not far fetched for their to be a relation. As edibles have gotten popular, there is better sample size and recorded history of human test subjects. So a learning curve is happening the past 7 years.

contract
RealGM

Post#457 » by contract » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:38 pm

twix2500 wrote:

Who would have thought that a Heat player would OD on pot and it wouldn't be Beasley?

Who would have thought that a Heat player would OD on candy and it wouldn't be Lamar Odom?

:lol:
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,456

Post#458 » by Bishop45 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:34 pm

I know it's likely just bias of him, but the picture in my head of Dion on the team plane opting to take drugs by himself while being surrounded by teammates and staff if just depressing. We don't know what happened or how, but it being Dion just stinks of tragedy. Much harder to conceive anyone else on the team being involved, although it could've happened.

I hope he keeps working to fix his image after this ordeal, given that he's physically fit for it. I hated him before he got here, but he won me over with how hard he played and tried to adapt his game. It's a shame, looked like he was really looking forward to this season.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Miabo
Ballboy
And1: 58

Post#459 » by Miabo » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:26 pm

1. Played 6 games against the west. vsMem., @Min., vsHou., @Den., @Pho., @LAL
2. 2 sets of back to back games on the road.
3. Butler missed 3 games, Winslow 4, J.J. and DJJ 5 each, and Waiters hasn't played.
4. Only 3 home games, 6 road.
5. @Milwaukee + home and away against Atlanta.

In your wildest dream would you have thought the Heat would have a 6-3 record through 9 games at this point given all those factors?
twix2500
RealGM

Post#460 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:30 pm

Miabo wrote:1. Played 6 games against the west. vsMem., @Min., vsHou., @Den., @Pho., @LAL
2. 2 sets of back to back games on the road.
3. Butler missed 3 games, Winslow 4, J.J. and DJJ 5 each, and Waiters hasn't played.
4. Only 3 home games, 6 road.
5. @Milwaukee + home and away against Atlanta.

In your wildest dream would you have thought the Heat would have a 6-3 record through 9 games at this point given all those factors?
I did. I expected them to battle for the top 3 records in the east. You gotta task those who thought Butler would only make the Heat an 8th seed.

Return to Miami Heat