ImageImage

we need another F or F/C ASAP

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Re: we need another F or F/C ASAP 

Post#21 » by Goldbum » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:14 pm

I think Tolliver should be cut and either Little or Mario start.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#22 » by Blazinaway » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:22 pm

CJ for Aaron Gordon works for me and whatever salary filler/expiring necessary from Orl, salaries are roughly 27 mil for CJ and 20 mil for Gordon this yr, also save us a good bit of money as Gordon's salary "declines" next 2 yrs after this
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#23 » by HEZI » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:28 pm

Knicks have a plethora, can you guys come take 1 or 2 away from us?
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Post#24 » by Goldbum » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:20 pm

Ant has finally convinced me it's the right time to trade CJ.

CJ+Tolliver+Trent
Gordon+Fultz 2nd round pick

Ant moves into the CJ role and Fultz becomes Dame's next project guard.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,397

Post#25 » by JRoy » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:46 pm

Blazersedge has Moses Brown and Jaylen Hoard being called up from Texas.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#26 » by Blazinaway » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:22 pm

JRoy wrote:Blazersedge has Moses Brown and Jaylen Hoard being called up from Texas.

no surprise as we need bigs badly BADLY, any news on seriousness of Skal injury?
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,397

Post#27 » by JRoy » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:01 pm

Blazinaway wrote:
JRoy wrote:Blazersedge has Moses Brown and Jaylen Hoard being called up from Texas.

no surprise as we need bigs badly BADLY, any news on seriousness of Skal injury?

Nothing official.

As a guy with bad ankles and a history of injuries to those ankles that made me groan.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#28 » by d-train » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:38 pm

zzaj wrote:BTW, Faried apparently agreed to 4.4M to play in China.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256055/Kenneth-Faried-Agrees-To-$44M-Deal-With-Zhejiang

China is a good place for Faried. I believe China's season is over before the playoff deadline to add players. Good teams have used all their money under the tax threshold to sign better or younger players. The best time for Faried to find a home is right before the playoff deadline when there could be good teams looking to shore up their playoff roster because of injuries.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,896

Post#29 » by BlazersBroncos » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:45 pm

Ant has finally convinced me it's the right time to trade CJ.

CJ+Tolliver+Trent
Gordon+Fultz 2nd round pick

Ant moves into the CJ role and Fultz becomes Dame's next project guard.

I don't think ORL moves Fultz so quickly, it would be more realistic to replace him w/ DJ Augustine, and I would do that deal.

Ant is the real deal, and his ability to score without pounding the ball for 15 seconds is already above CJ's. Roll the dice that Gordon becomes the 20ppg guy that he has the talent to be. And the defensive versatility would be a godsend. And being 24 is a nice bonus.
d-train
RealGM

Post#30 » by d-train » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:17 pm

I'm so glad nobody in this forum is our real GM.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#31 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:40 pm

d-train wrote:I'm so glad nobody in this forum is our real GM.

:lol: I feel like that almost everywhere I look on RealGM.

I like the Blazers and still believe they can hold things together until they are all healthy. Playing for the regular season shouldn't be their priority. All they need to do is make the playoffs IMO. With that said, the only players they ought to consider trading are the players that aren't bringing much back. Their core is too good and works too well together to start trading them in a panic.

I wouldn't trade Lillard, McCollum, Simons, Nurkic at all
and probably not Bazemore, Collins, Gasol, Labissiere - all would be nice bench players IMO.

So the problem is, whom to trade? Whiteside? Salary probably makes it hard to trade. Bazemore might be an option but it's a big salary for a rental player that probably won't start on most contenders and probably isn't wanted on a rebuilding team.

I saw someone suggested Deyonta Davis but I'm not sure Portland needs to look for young players.
Could Portland pickup Carmelo Anthony? I'm not a big fan of his, but he surely can score!
Corey Brewer might be a nice pickup or maybe Luc Mbah a Moute.
I might consider Michael Beasley.

But mostly I think I'd bide my time. The only player I'd really like to add would be a forward that can be a starter on a contender.
d-train
RealGM

Post#32 » by d-train » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
d-train wrote:I'm so glad nobody in this forum is our real GM.

:lol: I feel like that almost everywhere I look on RealGM.

I like the Blazers and still believe they can hold things together until they are all healthy. Playing for the regular season shouldn't be their priority. All they need to do is make the playoffs IMO. With that said, the only players they ought to consider trading are the players that aren't bringing much back. Their core is too good and works too well together to start trading them in a panic.

I wouldn't trade Lillard, McCollum, Simons, Nurkic at all
and probably not Bazemore, Collins, Gasol, Labissiere - all would be nice bench players IMO.

So the problem is, whom to trade? Whiteside? Salary probably makes it hard to trade. Bazemore might be an option but it's a big salary for a rental player that probably won't start on most contenders and probably isn't wanted on a rebuilding team.

I saw someone suggested Deyonta Davis but I'm not sure Portland needs to look for young players.
Could Portland pickup Carmelo Anthony? I'm not a big fan of his, but he surely can score!
Corey Brewer might be a nice pickup or maybe Luc Mbah a Moute.
I might consider Michael Beasley.

But mostly I think I'd bide my time. The only player I'd really like to add would be a forward that can be a starter on a contender.

We need a player like Anthony Tolliver. A smart player that knows how to help a good team win, knows how to play team defense and is a leader to help others play team defense, and can space the floor without the ball. We already have Tolliver but we could use another player just like him, at least until Gasol can play.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#33 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:37 pm

A smart player that knows how to help a good team win

Have you looked at the records of teams that he has played for? Because he has never really helped a good team win. He has played 675 regular season games and 13 playoff games.

knows how to play team defense

Yep, great defender with a career high of 0.2 DBPM

is a leader to help others play team defense

Sure hasn't caught on with the guys this year.

can space the floor without the ball

I will give you that. He is a nice 3PT shooter.

Albeit I expect you to simply ignore the above as conjecture because, lets face it, you don't adjust opinions once they are set.
d-train
RealGM

Post#34 » by d-train » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:25 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
A smart player that knows how to help a good team win

Have you looked at the records of teams that he has played for? Because he has never really helped a good team win. He has played 675 regular season games and 13 playoff games.

knows how to play team defense

Yep, great defender with a career high of 0.2 DBPM

is a leader to help others play team defense

Sure hasn't caught on with the guys this year.

can space the floor without the ball

I will give you that. He is a nice 3PT shooter.

Albeit I expect you to simply ignore the above as conjecture because, lets face it, you don't adjust opinions once they are set.

I change my opinions all the time. In the case of Tolliver, it might seem like I haven't changed my opinion, but I have. I like him much more than I expected. I was gung-ho about Whiteside but am more skeptical now. I'm not saying I don't like Whiteside, but I was expecting a little more. Mario has delivered some things I expected, but I thought he would boost chemistry and shoot better. I thought I would like Bazemore, but I like him more than I thought. He makes more errors than I was expecting, but I have no problem with the errors he makes. Simons is better than I expected. I was worried about Simons effort on defense, but now I would rather have Simons defense than Hood's. I adjust my opinions all the time.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,530

Post#35 » by zzaj » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:23 pm

Gallo would be nice, but my ideal would be a CJ for Tobias Harris swap after CJ's restriction goes down. I'm hoping that Philly continues to have some struggles by way of needing a guard to stretch the floor so that Harris may become available. Possibly trade away Whiteside and a 1st for a SF upgrade at the deadline as well. Either let Bazemore expire or sign him for what he's worth, since he seems to adore Portland.

Lillard
Simons/Bazemore
Hood
Harris/Zach
Nurkic/Zach
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#36 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:38 pm

IDK why one would see Tobias for CJ as a better option than Kent or Hassan + FRP for Gallo, outside age and Harris being a better rebounder. But that contract, woah. Harris is due to make 31M this year then 33.5M, 36M, 38.5M and 40.9M. Its scarier than CJ's.

When it comes to scoring, getting to the line, 3PT shooting and especially playmaking, Gallo is better. Neither is a good defender (DBPM TH -0.4 vs DG -1.2) and most importantly IMO you can resign Gallo at 20-22M over a shorter deal than the 5 year contract Harris got (Say, 3/60-65M for Gallo).

I posted a suggestion on the Trade Board that sent out Whiteside, Tolliver, Trent and a Top-20 protected FRP for Gallo and Taj Gibson. Gets us a talent upgrade and huge offensive boost in Gallo plus a veteran stopgap in Taj who continues to post tremendous advanced stats despite his age. Until Nurkic comes back:

PG - Damian Lillard (35) / Anfernee Simons (13)
SG - CJ McCollum (35) / Anfernee Simons (13)
SF - Rodney Hood (24) / Kent Bazemore (24) / Mario Herzonja
PF - Danilo Gallinari (30) / Nassir Little (18) / Mario Herzonja
C - Taj Gibson (24) / Skal Labissiere(24) / Pau Gasol
d-train
RealGM

Post#37 » by d-train » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:08 pm

The Gallo trade ideas are ridiculous. But, Gallo is decent on defense. He's not athletic but he's smart, plays good team d, and is surprisingly good at staying in front of his man.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,530

Post#38 » by zzaj » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:22 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:IDK why one would see Tobias for CJ as a better option than Kent or Hassan + FRP for Gallo, outside age and Harris being a better rebounder. But that contract, woah. Harris is due to make 31M this year then 33.5M, 36M, 38.5M and 40.9M. Its scarier than CJ's.

Because I value injuries and age. Gallo is 31 and has averaged 50 games a season for his career, despite a couple over 60 in the past few years.

Tobias is 27 and has averaged 67 games a season for his career with a couple of 82 game seasons in the past few years.

Would Gallo be a better fit and add more positional diversity? Yes, I think so. But he does the Blazers no good if he's on the bench. I would be fine with a "big 3" of Lillard/Harris/Nurkic moving forward.

Also, Gallo is going to get a lot of money in this weak FA class. The Blazers won't be able to retain him. At least Harris would be locked up.

EDIT: I forget to mention, I love that trade you posted on the board. I'd be all for that one...
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#39 » by DaVoiceMaster » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:52 am

What's the scoop with Melo h
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
DusterBuster
RealGM