Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: GT: Nets @ Trail Blazers | Friday, 11/08/19 | 10:00 PM EST | 

Post#321 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:14 pm

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

ECUHUS1981's NET RATINGS

JARRETT ALLEN - 8: a very solid showing, he maintained the advantage over a longer, stronger veteran adversary. FT shooting hurt his line a bit, but 12/9/1/1/5 with no TO's and only 2 fouls is nice.

TAUREAN PRINCE - 4: I love TP, but he was pretty ineffective in this matchup. Maybe he just prefers guarding true 4's, he could not stay in front of POR's SF's. Cold shooting and silly fouls sealed his fate.

JOE HARRIS - 6: hardly a vintage performance, but you can see the defensive attention he commands, and the space that it opens up for our creators. Out-dueled by Hezonja early, but bounced back to get the edge on his counterpart.

CARIS LEVERT - 4: it's a good sign when 3 starters have poor outing, and you still get a road win. CLV continues to miss bunnies and fails to draw contact from the defense, so his scoring will be streaky. Fights through screens on D like a punchdrunk pugilist, but made some great hustle and vision plays late to help seal the W.

KYRIE IRVING - 7: when 33/3/6/1/1 is a 'meh' performance, you are a stud. He could dominate more if he stays committed to making the right pass. Occasionally, he'll go long stretches without playmaking if his teammate spoils a previous assist (read: Mamba mentality). His defense late on Lillard was just what the doctor ordered, he's leading this squad in all phases.

BENCH - 8: Spencer deserves his own section, he was HMHA tonight. Claxton's debut doesn't pop off of the stat sheet, but he had a palpable impact. Nwaba soaked up some PT guarding Dame, but I'm not convinced he slowed him.

KENNY - 8: He made the right reads in-game! He tweaked the defense! He substituted when appropriate!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#322 » by NetsJets » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:44 pm

Lillard had 60 but I’ll take the W. I liked what I saw from Claxton last night. Allen played well 2 good games in a row. Spencer shot the ball well hopefully it continues, Kyrie played well as usual. Joe hit some big 3’s late in the 4th.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#323 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:57 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

ECUHUS1981's NET RATINGS

JARRETT ALLEN - 8: a very solid showing, he maintained the advantage over a longer, stronger veteran adversary. FT shooting hurt his line a bit, but 12/9/1/1/5 with no TO's and only 2 fouls is nice.

TAUREAN PRINCE - 4: I love TP, but he was pretty ineffective in this matchup. Maybe he just prefers guarding true 4's, he could not stay in front of POR's SF's. Cold shooting and silly fouls sealed his fate.

JOE HARRIS - 6: hardly a vintage performance, but you can see the defensive attention he commands, and the space that it opens up for our creators. Out-dueled by Hezonja early, but bounced back to get the edge on his counterpart.

CARIS LEVERT - 4: it's a good sign when 3 starters have poor outing, and you still get a road win. CLV continues to miss bunnies and fails to draw contact from the defense, so his scoring will be streaky. Fights through screens on D like a punchdrunk pugilist, but made some great hustle and vision plays late to help seal the W.

KYRIE IRVING - 7: when 33/3/6/1/1 is a 'meh' performance, you are a stud. He could dominate more if he stays committed to making the right pass. Occasionally, he'll go long stretches without playmaking if his teammate spoils a previous assist (read: Mamba mentality). His defense late on Lillard was just what the doctor ordered, he's leading this squad in all phases.

BENCH - 8: Spencer deserves his own section, he was HMHA tonight. Claxton's debut doesn't pop off of the stat sheet, but he had a palpable impact. Nwaba soaked up some PT guarding Dame, but I'm not convinced he slowed him.

KENNY - 8: He made the right reads in-game! He tweaked the defense! He substituted when appropriate!

Allen, Irving, Harris, and Spencer were spectacular last night.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#324 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:03 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:We're just not going to see any defense this year are we? 0

We have an elite offense. I don't give a damn about defense. If we hit our FTs and keep the TOs down like we did last night teams cannot stop us

All of this is without KD. God help the league when he returns.

yeah i mean we should absolutely by at least 5-3 and probably 6-2... thats with a billion turnovers and no D.

I think kenny will eventually go back to heavy zone and the turnovers go down... thays when we will see a long winning streak

cant wait for a death lineup with KD at center

Kyrie | Spencer | Levert | Harris | KD

You know KD was watching that game itching to get some of this action. We will be blowing teams off the floor when he comes back.

I think Joe Harris needs to be extended as soon as feasibly possible.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#325 » by gigantes » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:35 pm

I missed the game, and regret not seeing Claxton last night. I certainly hope DJ takes his time coming back.

The one thing I liked seeing in a clip was a long sequence in which Jordan appeared to be animatedly advising Nic. It was a lot more energy than I'm used to seeing from DJ on the court, and I guess I'll have to take it.

Maybe by the end of the season (knock on wood), Claxton develops so well that the prospect of Jordan getting even backup minutes appears less and less. Maybe that can be used as a face-saving maneuver this summer or next in which his contract can then be traded or bought out, or something. That way it makes sense for him, and the Superfriends don't get offended.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,801

Post#326 » by Rich Rane » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Allen, Irving, Harris, and Spencer were spectacular last night.

I wouldn't use "spectacular" for Harris. I was hoping last night Harris's 3-ball would've started sooner, but he did hit 2 big ones in the 4th. Considering both sides of the ball, I thought he ended up having had a very good night, just not spectacular.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#327 » by NetsJets » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#328 » by MGrand15 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:22 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Also Joe Harris is cold blooded. But two HUGE 3s. Including a step back 3. Kyrie must be teaching him.

Kyrie is gonna be a monster once our offensive system starts clicking. That dagger at the end was just a superstar play. Amazing to watch. Hell of an effort defensively too.

LeVert really struggled but he made some big plays in crunch time. He's got to figure out how to get out of these slumps mid game. 2 for 13 ain't good enough.

i think it comes down to finishing... for someone who gets to the rim that often... typically with a step on his defender, he misses alot of layups and doesnt draw many fouls. maybe try and dunk more of those or try and harden into some cheap fouls?

Yup. I think part of it is finding the balance between aggression and making the right play. Sometimes he's attacking the help defense for a contested-ish layup when he could be hitting the roll man or finding an open shooter. Wouldn't mind seeing him take a pass first approach with the starters. Try and get Allen, Prince, Harris going first. Dudley used to work with him a lot on this.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#329 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:41 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Allen, Irving, Harris, and Spencer were spectacular last night.

I wouldn't use "spectacular" for Harris. I was hoping last night Harris's 3-ball would've started sooner, but he did hit 2 big ones in the 4th. Considering both sides of the ball, I thought he ended up having had a very good night, just not spectacular.

I was so gone off of whiskey by the time the 4th qtr hit everyone looked great to me :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#330 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:49 pm

gigantes wrote:I missed the game, and regret not seeing Claxton last night. I certainly hope DJ takes his time coming back.

The one thing I liked seeing in a clip was a long sequence in which Jordan appeared to be animatedly advising Nic. It was a lot more energy than I'm used to seeing from DJ on the court, and I guess I'll have to take it.

Maybe by the end of the season (knock on wood), Claxton develops so well that the prospect of Jordan getting even backup minutes appears less and less. Maybe that can be used as a face-saving maneuver this summer or next in which his contract can then be traded or bought out, or something. That way it makes sense for him, and the Superfriends don't get offended.

Claxton is 215 lbs. He looked great but let's not drive DJ off the team just yet, we are going to need his size when it comes to playing Philly, Milwaukee, and Toronto.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#331 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:50 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Also Joe Harris is cold blooded. But two HUGE 3s. Including a step back 3. Kyrie must be teaching him.

Kyrie is gonna be a monster once our offensive system starts clicking. That dagger at the end was just a superstar play. Amazing to watch. Hell of an effort defensively too.

LeVert really struggled but he made some big plays in crunch time. He's got to figure out how to get out of these slumps mid game. 2 for 13 ain't good enough.

i think it comes down to finishing... for someone who gets to the rim that often... typically with a step on his defender, he misses alot of layups and doesnt draw many fouls. maybe try and dunk more of those or try and harden into some cheap fouls?

Yup. I think part of it is finding the balance between aggression and making the right play. Sometimes he's attacking the help defense for a contested-ish layup when he could be hitting the roll man or finding an open shooter. Wouldn't mind seeing him take a pass first approach with the starters. Try and get Allen, Prince, Harris going first. Dudley used to work with him a lot on this.

Yeah his assist numbers need to improve.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#332 » by gigantes » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:04 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:I missed the game, and regret not seeing Claxton last night. I certainly hope DJ takes his time coming back.

Claxton is 215 lbs. He looked great but let's not drive DJ off the team just yet, we are going to need his size when it comes to playing Philly, Milwaukee, and Toronto.

Yes, I know Claxton still has to fill out and gain strength. That's why I talked about this as something that might happen by next summer, or the one after.

Yes, we need a body to go up against the bigger centers, but other than being stuck with his contract, I see no reason why it has to be an aging DJ, down the road. The guy we had last season could do that, and was significantly better all-around.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#333 » by Paradise » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:41 pm

This is pretty awesome.

Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets