Kristaps Porzingis To Miss Grizzlies Game Due To 'Injury Recovery'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kristaps Porzingis To Miss Grizzlies Game Due To 'Injury Recovery' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:30 pm

Kristaps Porzingis will miss Saturday night's game against the Memphis Grizzlies due to "Injury recovery, left knee."

Brad Townsend of the Dallas Morning News tweeted that Porizingis will essentially miss the game due to load management.

Porzingis had 28 points, 9 rebounds, and 5 blocks on Friday night against the Knicks.

Via Brad Townsend/Dallas Morning News

Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Re: Kristaps Porzingis To Miss Grizzlies Game Due To 'Injury Recovery' 

Post#2 » by Def Leppard » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:35 am

Oh ya?! I dont get why guys just dont play through everything always, like heck, if that were me, I would totally jeopardize my livelihood in order to play in the 10th'ish game of the year. Thats just me though and the type of person I am, I would make a stupid and short sighted decision due to potential pressure from my team, fans and media in order to risk injury, re injury or new injury but again, thats who I am a person.

Sent from my BBE100-5 using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 16,747

Post#3 » by evevale » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:06 am

Def Leppard wrote:Oh ya?! I dont get why guys just dont play through everything always, like heck, if that were me, I would totally jeopardize my livelihood in order to play in the 10th'ish game of the year. Thats just me though and the type of person I am, I would make a stupid and short sighted decision due to potential pressure from my team, fans and media in order to risk injury, re injury or new injury but again, thats who I am a person.

Thanks for sharing bud
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#4 » by br7knicks » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:40 am

Def Leppard wrote:Oh ya?! I dont get why guys just dont play through everything always, like heck, if that were me, I would totally jeopardize my livelihood in order to play in the 10th'ish game of the year. Thats just me though and the type of person I am, I would make a stupid and short sighted decision due to potential pressure from my team, fans and media in order to risk injury, re injury or new injury but again, thats who I am a person.

I think when the team invests a **** load of money into a player, they weigh whether they need them for that one game, Or their whole contract.

That said, have fun, Mavs fans. He'll play half the season every year
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#5 » by alienpick » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:38 am

Did they run out of your tampons at the store again?
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Post#6 » by Def Leppard » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:31 am

alienpick wrote:

Did they run out of your tampons at the store again?
Bad bs like me dont need tampon or rest, ever. Even when coming off a major injury OR a degenerative condition.

"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
taylorbeastly
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#7 » by taylorbeastly » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:59 am

br7knicks wrote:

I think when the team invests a **** load of money into a player, they weigh whether they need them for that one game, Or their whole contract.

This was the first game he missed the entire year and we're 10% of the way done with the season. At that rate, he'd miss 10 games over an 82 game season, which means he'd play in 72, which is 88% of the season's games.

Also, does no one else realize Def Leppard's post is 100% satirical? You guys out here acting like they were for real with that post lmao.
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#8 » by J9Starks3 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:53 pm

taylorbeastly wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

This was the first game he missed the entire year and we're 10% of the way done with the season. At that rate, he'd miss 10 games over an 82 game season, which means he'd play in 72, which is 88% of the season's games.

Also, does no one else realize Def Leppard's post is 100% satirical? You guys out here acting like they were for real with that post lmao.

If he takes off 1 game every 8 then your math checks out. If you look at him, pre-injury, he tends to break down more during the season. He has anemia and a thin frame. History (again, even before his injury) would say your 72 games prediction would tie a career high.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#9 » by TimRobbins » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:29 pm

They should actually rest him a lot more given his history.

Return to Wiretap Discussion