ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA XI

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#61 » by Landsberger » Thu Nov 7, 2019 4:50 am

Landsberger wrote:Luka with another huge game. 29, 14 and 15.

Westbrook with a startling -46 tonight in a 29 point loss.

:lol: Just as startling... Westbrook with a +40 in a 17 point win tonight.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#62 » by bb22 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 5:15 am

Korver is still automatic. Would have been so nice to have him.
Countdown
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#63 » by Countdown » Thu Nov 7, 2019 6:53 am

Clippers lose. It’s a good night
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#64 » by Danny Darko » Thu Nov 7, 2019 7:23 am

Landsberger wrote:Boy... the Knicks are bad.... as bad a team as I've seen in a while. I've watched parts of 3 of their games and they look like a Rec-league team in terms of organization. No teamwork what so ever.

Who knew an all PF team wasn't a key to winning?!
Countdown
Ballboy

Post#65 » by Countdown » Thu Nov 7, 2019 7:37 am

Also want to point out that out of the 6 teams the Lakers have beaten so far, FOUR of them have winning records.

And people said they had an easy schedule
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,301

Post#66 » by Dr Aki » Thu Nov 7, 2019 12:36 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Landsberger wrote:Boy... the Knicks are bad.... as bad a team as I've seen in a while. I've watched parts of 3 of their games and they look like a Rec-league team in terms of organization. No teamwork what so ever.

Who knew an all PF team wasn't a key to winning?!

part of me thinks the knicks were out snatching players with on-court value so they can flip them for assets later
Countdown
Ballboy

Post#67 » by Countdown » Fri Nov 8, 2019 12:36 am

Clippers fined. Lol
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#68 » by Kilroy » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:52 am

Honestly, the clippers without George, and with part time kawhi, were a better team than I thought they'd be... Now getting George back... I'm really curious how all that works out. I'd be real tempted to alternate them all season to keep them healthy... Play them on opposing nights, until after all star break and then get them out there together for the run into the post season.
I think they might be a playoff team with either one of them on the court... Maybe that's more about how bad the other supposed playoffs teams are, than how good they are, but regardless..
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#69 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:02 am

Kilroy wrote:Honestly, the clippers without George, and with part time kawhi, were a better team than I thought they'd be... Now getting George back... I'm really curious how all that works out. I'd be real tempted to alternate them all season to keep them healthy... Play them on opposing nights, until after all star break and then get them out there together for the run into the post season.
I think they might be a playoff team with either one of them on the court... Maybe that's more about how bad the other supposed playoffs teams are, than how good they are, but regardless..

So if they play the same position but alternate games is it automatically that they will be able to play together?
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#70 » by Danny Darko » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:53 am

This one is for Snaq:

Read on Twitter
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#71 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Nov 8, 2019 8:03 pm

I think the most baffling thing about this is that Salt Lake City has the 3rd ranked strip clubs amongst the NBA teams.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#72 » by Kilroy » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:31 am

So kawhi's been hiding a Platellar injury? The real reason for the 'load management?'

And the Clippers were trying to keep it a secret.... I'm not sure it changes anything really, but it's a pretty wild situation.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,654

Post#73 » by dockingsched » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:34 am

I don’t understand why Alvin Gentry is still a head coach in this league. He’s always been pretty subpar, this year it’s even worse.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#74 » by Landsberger » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:47 am

Kilroy wrote:So kawhi's been hiding a Platellar injury? The real reason for the 'load management?'

And the Clippers were trying to keep it a secret.... I'm not sure it changes anything really, but it's a pretty wild situation.

NBA might not be that upset but Vegas might be...
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#75 » by Landsberger » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:53 am

dockingsched wrote:I don’t understand why Alvin Gentry is still a head coach in this league. He’s always been pretty subpar, this year it’s even worse.

Maybe, but it is interesting that mostly that same group had very similar results here under Luke who was well regarded by Laker fans. Not sure Gentry gave up 45 points in a quarter. OTOH if he's pushing Ingram, who is a very good mid-range player, to shoot 10 3 pointers through 3 quarters then maybe you're on to something.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#76 » by bb22 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:50 pm

Kilroy wrote:Honestly, the clippers without George, and with part time kawhi, were a better team than I thought they'd be... Now getting George back... I'm really curious how all that works out. I'd be real tempted to alternate them all season to keep them healthy... Play them on opposing nights, until after all star break and then get them out there together for the run into the post season.

I’ve never been much of a PG fan ever since he left Indy. Thought he was fairly overrated up
until last season where his numbers were pretty spectacular. I’m hoping His return disrupts their bench enough to cut away at Lou and Harrell’s production. Otherwise, they will be nearly impossible to beat.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#77 » by Danny Darko » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:32 pm

Lonzo injured again? He's officially injury prone.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#78 » by Kilroy » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:32 pm

bb22 wrote:

I’ve never been much of a PG fan ever since he left Indy. Thought he was fairly overrated up
until last season where his numbers were pretty spectacular. I’m hoping His return disrupts their bench enough to cut away at Lou and Harrell’s production. Otherwise, they will be nearly impossible to beat.

If we play the right way, we're a tougher matchup for them then they are for us... But we have to play the right way. And be healthy.
Countdown
Ballboy

Post#79 » by Countdown » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:06 pm

Just want to point out, the Lakers are 7-1 and the Pelicans are 1-7.

Remember when a lot of TV "experts" claimed the AD trade was fair for both teams. Or even more in favor of the Pelicans

LOL
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#80 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:34 am

Countdown wrote:Just want to point out, the Lakers are 7-1 and the Pelicans are 1-7.

Remember when a lot of TV "experts" claimed the AD trade was fair for both teams. Or even more in favor of the Pelicans

LOL

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. The pelicans own our draft for the next 7 years.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers