Windy: AD LeBron supprised by Fast Chemistry

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Windy: AD LeBron supprised by Fast Chemistry 

Post#1 » by Kilroy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:15 am

"I didn't think we were going to be able to connect this fast just because of the fact he had a lot of stuff going on this summer with 'Space Jam [2],' so we didn't get a lot of time to work out together," Davis said. "Then we hit a short training camp and had to go to China, and all that stuff, so I'm surprised that we've got a little connection right now."

"I think it's getting better and better as the days go on, just like with any relationship," James said. "The relationship on the court, the relationship off the floor. The more and more time you spend together, if you guys have the same goals in mind, you have the same drive, then it organically happens."

It was once unthinkable for a teammate of James' to be an MVP candidate. Only a few times have players won the award with a former MVP as a teammate, usually as the more senior partner was on his way out of the league.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/beatsow28021961lebrondavis/los-angeles-lakers-instant-chemistry-surprising-lebron-james-anthony-davis

Something we've all seen and commented on... It's remarkable that these guys are so tight so quickly... It's fun to watch...
It may be a little forced at times, but it's still refreshing.

And as all Lakers fans know, it's not coming together that's the hard part, it's staying together for continued success... Which has also been a weakness of LeBron's... So we'll see how this plays out hopefully for years to come...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Re: Windy: AD LeBron supprised by Fast Chemistry 

Post#2 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:33 am

Will be interesting to see how they handle adversity. The expectations are high. Plenty of pressure to go 'round. If they go on and win a title this year, then it's all fun and games. But a 5-game smack-down at the hands of the Rockets or Jazz?? What a about a 8-13 streak in the middle of the season?

I'm glad the chemistry is coming together. Let's keep it up, and get that chemistry going team-wide. I feel we need to rest Lebron a little more, and a few games off now and then would be good.
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#3 » by Freighttrain » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:06 am

My thing is, if you put 2 complementary players with high IQ on the same team, they should thrive from game 1, and only improve from there. Seems like they both fit those criteria.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,949

Post#4 » by thebigbird » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:23 pm

What we're seeing is two players who fit each others games perfectly. LeBron/Wade were better individually than LeBron/AD, but there was too much overlap.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#5 » by Landsberger » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:26 am

Kilroy wrote:
"I didn't think we were going to be able to connect this fast just because of the fact he had a lot of stuff going on this summer with 'Space Jam [2],' so we didn't get a lot of time to work out together," Davis said. "Then we hit a short training camp and had to go to China, and all that stuff, so I'm surprised that we've got a little connection right now."

"I think it's getting better and better as the days go on, just like with any relationship," James said. "The relationship on the court, the relationship off the floor. The more and more time you spend together, if you guys have the same goals in mind, you have the same drive, then it organically happens."

It was once unthinkable for a teammate of James' to be an MVP candidate. Only a few times have players won the award with a former MVP as a teammate, usually as the more senior partner was on his way out of the league.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/beatsow28021961lebrondavis/los-angeles-lakers-instant-chemistry-surprising-lebron-james-anthony-davis

Something we've all seen and commented on... It's remarkable that these guys are so tight so quickly... It's fun to watch...
It may be a little forced at times, but it's still refreshing.

And as all Lakers fans know, it's not coming together that's the hard part, it's staying together for continued success... Which has also been a weakness of LeBron's... So we'll see how this plays out hopefully for years to come...

Yeah.... I've been the guy saying we'd need 20+ games to get here. We kind of got here at the 4 minute mark of game 2..... I guess I've been watching too many seasons of 19 year olds playing a mans game.... Vets gonna vet.
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#6 » by One Love » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:22 am

LBJ & AD grooving baby but don't sleep on Kuzz, Green, McGee & D Howard...

D Howard has impressed me the most so far... Kuzz just getting started...

Haters Gonna Hate...

Lakeshiw Baby...
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#7 » by Dmagic » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:22 pm

why isnt there an appr3eciate thread or a nickname for our three giants at center. DWIGHT, JAVALE ,AND AD??

I mean they are a force. We are lucky as hell
they are nice as f

plus lebronnn whattt lmao, and shootersss
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#8 » by Dmagic » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:25 pm

The Towers of Death,

remember the old "death Lineup"

well welcome to the towers of destruction
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#9 » by Kilroy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:45 pm

One Love wrote:LBJ & AD grooving baby but don't sleep on Kuzz, Green, McGee & D Howard...

D Howard has impressed me the most so far... Kuzz just getting started...

Haters Gonna Hate...

Lakeshiw Baby...

Yeah... That's not what this thread's about though...

This is about the fast chemistry of our 2 superstars... Let's not turn this into another Kuz/Caruso/Howard should start thread... I start to hate each of them a little each time that happens, and that's just not fair to me.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#10 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:48 pm

Raps fan here, I've only seen the lakers sporadicly.

Has AD been that good though? Seems like he is putting up offensive numbers that are typical of him. His scoring is down, but brawn puts up a lot of shots so that's to be expected. It just doesn't seem like he's getting any sort of big statistical boost by playing with the GOAT or anything even though brawn is having a record setting season with assists.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#11 » by Landsberger » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:04 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:Raps fan here, I've only seen the lakers sporadicly.

Has AD been that good though? Seems like he is putting up offensive numbers that are typical of him. His scoring is down, but brawn puts up a lot of shots so that's to be expected. It just doesn't seem like he's getting any sort of big statistical boost by playing with the GOAT or anything even though brawn is having a record setting season with assists.

I guess if you're a fan of statistics you can imply that the two of them are not meshing. Davis is dinged up at the moment with shoulder and rib injuries. Looking at his last few games and taking something away from it isn't very indicative of how he and Lebron are playing together IMHO.

My favorite statistic is 10 and 2.

Actually the last thing we need is Davis averaging 30 and 15. That's not showing that we're a deep and diverse team.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#12 » by stan francisco » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:03 am

Dmagic wrote:The Towers of Death,

remember the old "death Lineup"

well welcome to the towers of destruction

Our May death lineup, the Five Towers:

PG: James
SG: Kuzma
SF: Davis
PF: Cousins
C: Howard
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
XXBKXX
Senior
And1: 253

Post#13 » by XXBKXX » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Bron and AD do compliment eachother well.. just with LBJs willingness to pass compiled with his gravity should allow for a lot of easier looks for AD. To his credit- LBJ has also been saying the right things by trying to hand the reigns to AD.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
BK
-----------------------
Lakers / Angels / Dolphins
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#14 » by Dupp » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:21 am

Somethings up with AD lately.

Also they need to run more pick n rolls for AD. Lack of shooters hurts that
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#15 » by Beethoven » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:34 pm

I thought Fast Chemistry was some sort of a brand name.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers