Chris Paul Loves Oklahoma City

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderCeltic
Junior
And1: 358

Chris Paul Loves Oklahoma City 

Post#1 » by ThunderCeltic » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:07 pm

Old interview from the 2014 playoffs but Chris Paul loves Oklahoma City and Oklahoma in general. I remember going to several Hornets games between to 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons when they were in Oklahoma City at the Ford Center. According to reports Paul is now optimistic and will make the best of what's in front of him.

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Re: Chris Paul Loves Oklahoma City 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:56 am

Considering Miami was asking him to opt out of the final year of his contract, I think it makes loving okc a little easier.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#3 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:41 am

ThunderBolt wrote:Considering Miami was asking him to opt out of the final year of his contract, I think it makes loving okc a little easier.

Guarantee I'll make it out alive and I will love any city in the world for 40 million dollars.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#4 » by DoItALL9 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Looking more likely that he'll be in OKC long-term. His play wouldn't inspire most to make a trade short of a major injury

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Post#5 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:20 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:Looking more likely that he'll be in OKC long-term. His play wouldn't inspire most to make a trade short of a major injury

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

This year is so unique because there really isn’t a clear from runner. If there is a team that thinks CP3 is an upgrade and they have a way to make it happen, I think a trade happens. If it doesn’t happen this year at the deadline, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s here for a couple of years.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:50 pm

Keep in mind this is also a very weak FA class. No one needs cap space this off-season so if you have a chance to make a run this year and next then CP3 makes a lot of sense for your team. Younger teams with bigger windows or teams looking for the '21 FA class might not like CP3, but teams that are looking to max out now will be interested.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder